Solid State Disk (SSD) Drive question

Silky_Seward
442 posts Sunday League Hero
Will an SSD give me smoother game play or is it just the loading speed that will be faster.?

I have my OS on HDD. If I purchase an SSD and keep my games on there, will this make a difference.

Or should I just go with OS on SSD full stop?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Denisianes
    8153 posts League Winner
    If your current HDD(5400/old) is slow, then you will notice it. I still install some more demanding games on SSD just to be safe, just be sure that you will use them for a while, cause you don't want to install and delete big games there every few days.
  • Silky_Seward
    Denisianes wrote: »
    If your current HDD(5400/old) is slow, then you will notice it. I still install some more demanding games on SSD just to be safe, just be sure that you will use them for a while, cause you don't want to install and delete big games there every few days.

@Denisianes

I will check when I get home. Thanks mate.
  • jajce111
    2818 posts Fans' Favourite
    Will an SSD give me smoother game play or is it just the loading speed that will be faster.?

I have my OS on HDD. If I purchase an SSD and keep my games on there, will this make a difference.

Thanks in advance.

Just loading speed will be faster. Gameplay will be the same , SSD does not improve fps in game maybe for 1% or probably even less than that.
  • Denisianes
    8153 posts League Winner
    jajce111 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Just loading speed will be faster. Gameplay will be the same , SSD does not improve fps in game maybe for 1% or probably even less than that.

Some games load a lot of textures from the hard drive and a slow one can make it unplayable in some situations no matter what other specs you have. If he gets a 240 GB SSD then he can easily put fifa on it and not bother too much.
  • Antiversum
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    You will not gain any FPS from a SSD, it only reduces loading and starting time of anything that is located on the SSD (you better put your OS and all your rpgrams on it). In some games textures you won't have popping up textures you can sometimes get on a HDD.
  • Silky_Seward
    Thanks every one. I will get a 250 GB SSD.
  • Dhaggy
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    also make sure youre motherboard have SATA 6G ( if it haves only SATA 3 G you still can use the ssd but it will be slightly slower like few seconds ) doesnt matter to mutch )

if youre motherboard have a M2 location youre best option is the buy a M2 harddrive they are like 2/3 times faster then ssd.

but its both very fast