Please Help , How to counter 433(4)

siavash777
128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Im switching between veriations of 433 Trying to play Position style of football and im still in lower devisions . most of the teams that I come up against play 433(4) formation and obviously with extreme high pressure , and everytime I see that formation I know ive lost that game already .

the oppennet just presses my backline so high up that I have to make passes with my GK .

Playing against this formation , my build up gets intercepted quickly they get all the bounced balls back and I cant make as much chances as I usually do .

I try to play a wide formation and open the game up but it almost never works .

What do you do against high pressure ?

Comments

• I just cam up with this genius idea, get a speedy tank on the wings and just abuse his weakest fullback all day with long balls.
  • siavash777
    Jesusdinho wrote: »
    I just cam up with this genius idea, get a speedy tank on the wings and just abuse his weakest fullback all day with long balls.
    so abandon my style of football basicly and do long balls ? lol
  • Izzy2K17
    13910 posts Has That Special Something
    siavash777 wrote: »
    I just cam up with this genius idea, get a speedy tank on the wings and just abuse his weakest fullback all day with long balls.

Exactly
  • siavash777
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »

Exactly

do u have any recommended formations for me ?

• Izzy2K17

Exactly

I use the 433(4) myself, it's really good and I don't use any CT or high pressure or anything like that
  • vaggii
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Exactly

I use the 433(4) myself, it's really good and I don't use any CT or high pressure or anything like that

What personal instructions u use on players ?
  • Izzy2K17
    vaggii wrote: »

Exactly

Back 4 stay back and one of the CMs (the more defensive one) to stay back. The rest is default iirc
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    2164 posts Fans' Favourite
    433 is so easy to counter. its terrible on defense
  • Izzy2K17
    edited October 2016

Not really, the most I usually concede is 2, and I'm usually able to score more because it's really good at attacking. If you got the right guys in midfield it can make or break the team. And well, you gotta know how to defend decently
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    2164 posts Fans' Favourite
    think about the 433(4) is that the CAM pushes the CM's to generally play wide leaving a big gap in the middle for the oposing ST to sit in
  • vaggii
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    vaggii wrote: »

Exactly

Back 4 stay back and one of the CMs (the more defensive one) to stay back. The rest is default iirc

Thanks mate
  • siavash777

It is easy to counter yes . but I dont wanna be pushed back so far and do counter attacks . I tried that and the game turns into a big giant pinball machine who ever scores most will win , no one is actually in control

• SSSplendid
    740 posts Sunday League Hero
    Try the 433 with 1 CDM and 2 CM's
  • vfc
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Defensive mentality at the start of the game to prevent easy counters when you play an attacking style. Just do it.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    I play the 433 with 2 cdms and a cm and they clog the middle of the pitch so the other guy has to go wide, get 2 big units at full back and you're golden.
  • siavash777
    I wanna be able to play my 433(2) or 433(5) possession based game [ im open to any other formations or tactics ]
    just dont wanna sit back wait for my chance to counter attack because sooner or later ill concede
  • siavash777
    vfc wrote: »
    Defensive mentality at the start of the game to prevent easy counters when you play an attacking style. Just do it.
    thanks man ill give this a go
  • siavash777
    I play the 433 with 2 cdms and a cm and they clog the middle of the pitch so the other guy has to go wide, get 2 big units at full back and you're golden.

out of all 433s that one Ive never tried is it a counter attacking formation ? or can I hold the ball with it as well ?

• HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move

out of all 433s that one Ive never tried is it a counter attacking formation ? or can I hold the ball with it as well ?
    I mainly play possession and it's good for that, the CDMs do get forward as well. It's not as defensive as you might think.
  • siavash777

I mainly play possession and it's good for that, the CDMs do get forward as well. It's not as defensive as you might think.

nice , thanks man ill give it a try

• EvoL4
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    3412 works a charm.
  • siavash777
    @HolgerBadstuber

I tried 433(3) with two Def mids , I really liked the formation and the way it plays , but I still lose against high press teams
  • siavash777
    Now I can Understand why some ppl Play Park the bus , the struggle is real :/