Way too hard to score headers?

Cooler08
628 posts An Exciting Prospect
Do you think it's far too hard to score headers against the CPU?

So far, I've played 4 seasons in Career Mode on Professional. In that time, I can only remember scoring one headed goal from open play. That is not anywhere near close to the amount of headed goals that are scored in the Premiership in RL.

I've tried doing crosses to the near post, to the far post and in the middle, but a defender is always perfectly positioned to head the ball away. Is there a technique used to make efficient crosses/headers?

Comments

• Walmac
    12 posts Ball Boy
    Yeah, it is so unreal. Taller attackers being out-jumped by shorter defenders, what a laugh
  • Cooler08
    edited October 2016
    This game is so one dimentional now.

As defenders have super strength and laser precise positioning, you have to score by doing quick passes around the edge of the box then doing a through ball for your player to shoot on goal.

You only have to see people's Career Mode videos on YouTube to see that each goal they score is from through balls or from sprinting from one end of the pitch to the other and scoring on the break.

• Sh4h_-_7
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    No I don't think this is true this morning on legendary I scored a header from open play with Costa against hull through Oscar cross I think it has to be right player now like Costa Ibra per not like depey or lingard or smallest man on field
  • Cooler08
    Sh4h_-_7 wrote: »
    No I don't think this is true this morning on legendary I scored a header from open play with Costa against hull through Oscar cross I think it has to be right player now like Costa Ibra per not like depey or lingard or smallest man on field

I don't think you can properly evaluate the realism of scoring headers when you're Chelsea, one of the best teams in the league playing against a newly promoted team.

Some of the best headed goals ever scored in RL were from players who were in space so didn't have to win an aerial dual with an opponent.