433 (4) How good is it this year?

Batman_Llanber
1161 posts Professional
Anyone on here use 433 (4) ? How is it this year? See loads of it on fut champions, currently using 4231 and thought about making the change.

What instructions should i use on players?
Cheers for any input/help

Comments

• malcster
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Interested in this aswell
    I used. Bundesliga 433(4) and had very mixed results
    Think my player instructions were bad or bad tactics
  • Tony356
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's very good, but one important thing to remember is to have a good midfield. I don't like pure cdm's, so I have a box to box and a playmaker who can defend as well at cm (Renato Sanchez and Kroos), and a passer at cam (David Silva). I think it depends on your playstyle, but if you get it together it can be lethal. You will get countered, but as I like to attack I accept that.
  • Used it pretty much exclusively last year and today I went back to it after using 4231 (2) for a while.

Say what you want about is defensively, but I've been having a hard time scoring with other formations, at least with 433 (4) you tend to have lots of chances.
  • protzbischof
    2698 posts Fans' Favourite
    In theory its way too offensive but somehow it works for a lot of people. I think its way too hard to punish unbalanced formations and also unbalanced teams that lack certain attributes. Imo its way different in H2H
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    Midfield is very important, get a defensive cm (Matuidi for me) and and a well rounded cm (Gundogan for me) I like an attacking cam that can shoot and has decent passing, not really a fan of the high passing, weak ones like Ozil or silva, so I got Griezmann at cam
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Attacking wise in a league of it's own and by far my favorite formation. The only thing is that you need to be good at defending and reading your opponent because you don't have any cdm's. Even if you put cdm's there chances are they won't sit infront of the defence during a counter attack. So my advice is to get players like Vidal/Nianggolan etc. as cm's and 1 good playmaker in the middle. That works best for me
  • I like it, but were humiliated a few times against 4-3-2-1. How is it compared to 4-3-2-1?
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    Thanks guys, Surely with the defending nerfed this year it's easier to defend the counter attack?
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    Seeing as the CM's won't stay back would it be recommend that i adjust their position to act like a CDM?
  • Remzy69
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    It was one of my favorites last year, but this year it actually disappointed me. I'm in love with 433(2), such a balanced formation.
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    I've used that a bit but finding it hard creating chances, maybe i was building up the play wrong
  • Ch1cha
    Seeing as the CM's won't stay back would it be recommend that i adjust their position to act like a CDM?

No, just have two good box-to-box players will be enough. But it depends how good you are at the game. If you often struggle then you could try and switch them to cdm.

But you shouldn't worry too much about the defensive part. It's meant to dominate your opponent so they'll usually struggle to score anyway as they can't keep the ball
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    Ch1cha wrote: »

No, just have two good box-to-box players will be enough. But it depends how good you are at the game. If you often struggle then you could try and switch them to cdm.

But you shouldn't worry too much about the defensive part. It's meant to dominate your opponent so they'll usually struggle to score anyway as they can't keep the ball

Thanks, any player instructions for this formation?
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    It's weird, I'm a terrible defender so this formation SHOULD leave me horribly exposed.

Yet since switching to it, I'm unbeaten in 12 games which is by far and away the longest I've gone in 17 without a defeat (i'd gone 9 games before that without a win).

I'm still trying to play in a possession style - but I'm finding chance creation a LOT easier with this than other formations I've used, and oddly don't feel any more exposed at the back than I do with even 2 CDM formations like 4231.

Early days but really liking it so far.
  • Ch1cha

Just the usual

Wingers: get in behind, stay wide, stay forward
    Striker: stay central, get in behind
    CM: stay back while attacking
    CAM: stay forward
    Fullbacks: stay back

• silverdale10
    1319 posts Professional
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    It's weird, I'm a terrible defender so this formation SHOULD leave me horribly exposed.

Yet since switching to it, I'm unbeaten in 12 games which is by far and away the longest I've gone in 17 without a defeat (i'd gone 9 games before that without a win).

I'm still trying to play in a possession style - but I'm finding chance creation a LOT easier with this than other formations I've used, and oddly don't feel any more exposed at the back than I do with even 2 CDM formations like 4231.

Interesting.
    I played with that formation offline once I realised I had to go for it to beat World Class and Legendary but got badly burned with it when I first started playing online on 17. Thinking of going back to it as I'm struggling to score goals, now averaging less than 1 a match despite almost always having more possession. Losing far too many games 1-0.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

Interesting.
    I played with that formation offline once I realised I had to go for it to beat World Class and Legendary but got badly burned with it when I first started playing online on 17. Thinking of going back to it as I'm struggling to score goals, now averaging less than 1 a match despite almost always having more possession. Losing far too many games 1-0.

I was the same. I'm dominating possession and passing in 95% of my games but getting done on chances. People just carve through me yet I really struggle to break teams down.

Since going to 433(4) I've still been dominating possession and passing in most games only now I feel like I can actually do something with that possession.

It feels like this year you're almost punished for not going all out attack so I figured why not give it a shot. I was conceding in pretty much every game I played, even using 'defensive' formations so figured I might as well try and fight fire with fire.

I've drawn quite a few but 12 games without a loss is a big deal for me, that's not normal.

It's also helping me learn not to rush my CBs out because that really is suicidal in this formation, so it's helping me get more used to defending with my CMs
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move

Interesting.

I was the same. I'm dominating possession and passing in 95% of my games but getting done on chances. People just carve through me yet I really struggle to break teams down.

Since going to 433(4) I've still been dominating possession and passing in most games only now I feel like I can actually do something with that possession.

It feels like this year you're almost punished for not going all out attack so I figured why not give it a shot. I was conceding in pretty much every game I played, even using 'defensive' formations so figured I might as well try and fight fire with fire.

I've drawn quite a few but 12 games without a loss is a big deal for me, that's not normal.

It's also helping me learn not to rush my CBs out because that really is suicidal in this formation, so it's helping me get more used to defending with my CMs

^^ Same. I switched for the same reason. Scoring more, creating more. If I lose, at least I had fun.
  • potato_hater
    2516 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great formation, you'll need some good cms for it to work
    Even cms like Can, Goretzka or Sanches do well
    They'll be defending and scoring longshots too
  • vfc
    281 posts Sunday League Hero

Just the usual

Wingers: get in behind, stay wide, stay forward
    Striker: stay central, get in behind
    CM: stay back while attacking
    CAM: stay forward
    Fullbacks: stay back
    @Ch1cha both CMs on stay back or leave one on balanced?

Any custom tactics you would recommend for this formation?

Any tips on your fav ways to create scoring opportunities?

Do you use fast or safe build up?
    Any skill moves you like to use or techniques to change direction fast towards goal?
    Frequency of 1-2s to create scoring opportunities in the box?

• silverdale10
    1319 posts Professional
    Just switched tonight, played three games and scored six goals, two in each game (after scoring once in my previous six). Drew two and won the third to end a terrible winless run, though ironically the win was the worst I've ever played in my life, players couldn't string two passes together, defenders playing like their heads were stuck on the wrong way round. This game is ridiculous at times.