THE FALSE 9 (433-5) FORMATION GUIDE - DOMINATE PLAY (NEW CUSTOM TACTICS AND INSTRUCTIONS)

Comments

• chokosc
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone that can help with a good 800k team using this formation? PS4 :)
  • Bevlarrrr
    1032 posts Professional
    Nogin182 wrote: »
    Cool, post some feedback on how it works out

Won't be playing until later on but will do, cheers bro

• madwullie
    4728 posts National Call-Up
    chokosc wrote: »

Yeah I've got a million and looking for similar. Believe it or not I've never had a bpl team so going for that. No idea about players tho
  • Leoon
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    madwullie wrote: »
    chokosc wrote: »

Yeah I've got a million and looking for similar. Believe it or not I've never had a bpl team so going for that. No idea about players tho

Start with Sonaldo and Martial and you have the same annoying creative team like everybody else.
  • Bevlarrrr
    1032 posts Professional
    Anyone had Vidal at CDM ? Where he's high/high I wasn't sure how much he'd defend aswell as attack, my other 2 CM'/ are TOTS Keita and TOTS Stindl
  • madwullie
    Absolutely loving my two F9 teams in this wl. Tots Jonas is an animal, Tots Higuain gets a bad press but he's banging them in. He has a positive goals to games ratio which as an average player is unusual for me.

Tried desperately to play a La Liga side buy even with toty Modric and tots isco they're just too lightweight, so running a pure serie a side and an all tots liga nos/Brazil hybrid fitness side. Less than 600k for an all tots team. That's what I call value.

Don't think I've ever come up against another F9 team which is surprising.
  • jocksaltire_67
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Planning this squad guys what do you think? http://wefut.com/squad/13361022
  • madwullie
    Nelson semedo is a beast, as is perreira. Not sure about andre in midfield and much as I love pizzi I'd probably use Manuel fernandes as the F9.

Portugal is great though. I used liga nos and had Jonas at F9. He was unreal.
  • Planning this squad guys what do you think? http://wefut.com/squad/13361022

I have a similar team and really like it. Pizzi and Fernandes get pushed off the ball a lot but still score loads too. Used to use that defense for my NIF Portugal side and it worked fine but had the Serie A boys for my other team and it's hard not to use them instead B). Interesting choice using Silva as CM, I would be interested to hear how that goes and what chem style you use.

My team (I switch Joao Mario and Danilo in game):
    IMG_2589.png

• Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional
    BIG NEWS!!
    Sorry for the guide kind of taking a back step towards the end of FIFA 17. In truth I didn't have much time to play FUT Champs, which was my main goal, and therefore lost the determination to tweak and keep the guide updated. HOWEVER, we will be back for FIFA 18!! I am planning a rough guide before the game is released which I will then update as I play and learn the game itself. Big things are coming!!! The guide however, will be revamped,
    and will focus on a few formations designed for dominating the ball and frustrating the opponent.

Big thanks to all that read, contributed and left feedback on the guide over the last year. It's been great to revisit and see people are still having discussions/creating teams. Let's hope we can make Fifa 18 our year, i'm certainly hoping I can!!

Big up x
  • xEvoStevo
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nice one Fred.

I think that with this Fifa the 433(5) has not been as good as in previous games. Maybe time to dominate with another formation.
  • Hi, great read and I've recently been trying to play at a much higher level, playing around with custom tactics, formations, instructions etc.
    I've only played FUT champions twice through a whole weekend and finished Gold 3 and Gold 2. After using the 433(5) for a little bit now, reading your guide and watching reviews on the formation via Youtube I've come to a point in which I'll live or die by the formation. I like a slower build up and like to dominate possession. I find my defensive game is quite strong but struggle a little in chance creation and goal scoring at times, would you have any tips?

Right now I'm running this team futbin.com/17/squad/5150233 and would like to here your thoughts/opinions on it. Looking to upgrade to Lahm's SBC and possibly upgrade some of the cards to their higher versions with fut champs rewards etc.
  • Beroe
    456 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fred greatest read!Love that formation and your ct and instructions.Won div 1 8-0 with handicap all games. Absolutely the best tactic for my playstyle this year. Hate direct play,f*cking narrow formation and like the way destroyed it now.Congrats,mate
  • gagolive77
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @Beroe did you have use CT on the first page?
  • Beroe
    @gagolive77 yeap,exactly the same.My Cf is Tots Dzeko and really prefer that type of striker,who can hold the ball and not force you for fast atack.Thats my only difference
  • TVP161
    79 posts Park Captain
    Tomatk wrote: »
    Going to give this formation a go for wl. Did pretty well previously with the CT on 1st post before moving to other formation. Anyone mind sharing your current CT and instructions?

+1
    4335.jpg
    can someone please post tactics and instructions? i normally use 4-1-2-1-2(2) or 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 so i guess tactics are quite different.
  • Bevlarrrr
    1032 posts Professional
    TVP161 wrote: »
    Tomatk wrote: »
    Going to give this formation a go for wl. Did pretty well previously with the CT on 1st post before moving to other formation. Anyone mind sharing your current CT and instructions?

+1
    4335.jpg
    can someone please post tactics and instructions? i normally use 4-1-2-1-2(2) or 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 so i guess tactics are quite different.

I used Gorilla's tactics on the first page and it worked well, I'm not using this formation anymore tho

• Beroe
    let's continue with my impression :) used it for the first time in WL, usually finished gold 2-3, never reach elitte, soo i did it, elitte 3, played good possesion football,that i really enjoyed it. So it will be my final formation in 17.
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional
    Beroe wrote: »
    let's continue with my impression :) used it for the first time in WL, usually finished gold 2-3, never reach elitte, soo i did it, elitte 3, played good possesion football,that i really enjoyed it. So it will be my final formation in 17.

Congratulations!
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional
    For people still trying the formation I use these instructions:

Cf - False 9
    LW - Get in behind cut inside
    RW - Get in behind stay wide

CDM - stay back and cut passing lanes
  • TVP161
    79 posts Park Captain

Cf - False 9

that's what i use too. for the 2 cm's you leave everything to default? what kind of players do u have there?
    same question for left and right back. imo i would tell em to stay back while attacking cause i always do on 3 striker formation since i don't want to get counter attacks from my opponent.
  • DonKing
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    Last weekend league I played someone who was using this formation, they were very good at the game, I ended winning 1-0 but it was my toughest game of the weekend. After the game I checked who I just played and of course it was a top 100 player by the name of Miss_TK or something like that. Might give this formation a go, loved this formation in fifa15.
  • Devers
    7429 posts League Winner

Cf - False 9

im using this formation all fifa the last 3 years. but this year i find it hard to be competitive in weekend league using it.

interested in using your instructions and custom tactics.

false 9 on your cf, does this make him drop deeper into the midfield to collect the ball? i use ibra and he already does that, the only instruction i use on him is stay central.

cdm, cut passing lanes, what exactly does this do? ive only ever used stay back while attacking(which never actually works)

with so many custom tactics in the op are these the ones you are using?

NEW TACTIC FOR NEW PATCH

Organised

Free Form

Cover

i have never been one to fullly understand or extensively use custom tactics, recently i started using cover on defence and dropped pressure and aggression to 40 each as i found my team stepping up far to often. but this is as far as i have ever got with the custom tactics.

are the ones posted above the latest ones you are using? going to try them out now.

cheers
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional
    BIG NEWS!!
    Sorry for the guide kind of taking a back step towards the end of FIFA 17. In truth I didn't have much time to play FUT Champs, which was my main goal, and therefore lost the determination to tweak and keep the guide updated. HOWEVER, we will be back for FIFA 18!! I am planning a rough guide before the game is released which I will then update as I play and learn the game itself. Big things are coming!!! The guide however, will be revamped,
    and will focus on a few formations designed for dominating the ball and frustrating the opponent.

Big thanks to all that read, contributed and left feedback on the guide over the last year. It's been great to revisit and see people are still having discussions/creating teams. Let's hope we can make Fifa 18 our year, i'm certainly hoping I can!!

Big up x

Started work.
  • Beroe
    @Fred is Bae waiting for your guide on 18 mate
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional
    Beroe wrote: »
    @Fred is Bae waiting for your guide on 18 mate

Testing the formation a bit more!
  • Beroe
    Let's us know when you are ready :)
  • Repenteris
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @Fred is Bae I am looking forward to your findings on FIFA 18. I am struggling a lot. It is so different from last year.