Why Weekend only?

FUT_Moe
1163 posts Professional
The FUT Champions is for those who have free time on the weekends, but not everyone is off. I understand that the majority of people are off on weekends, but I can't be the only one that works. To grind 40 games with work is almost impossible. I have yet to play in the league. I'm not complaining, as I'm enjoying the game, but I wish it was a level playing field and the FUT Champions was a weekly league where everyone has a chance at the great prizes.

Comments

• unklej
    1136 posts Professional
    edited October 2016
    Oh for gods sake, I've seen it all on here now.

Is it EA's fault you work weekends?
  • FUT_Moe
    1163 posts Professional
    unklej wrote: »
    Oh for gods sake, I've seen it all on here now.

Is it EA's fault you work weekends?

Take a chill pill buddy. I'm not blaming EA. I'm just voicing my wish.
  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    They can't cater to the individual needs of everyone.

If you don't have time to play it then play normal modes. Most of the top tier players aren't playing them and you can prosper from divisions and so on to make a lot of rewards.
  • TheNakedGod
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 2016
    No its not EA's fault he works weekends. Not their fault that I work weekends either.

However most games recognise that people work weekend shifts by making modes available at varied times. Forza has leagues daily at different times etc.

I'm not unduly bothered about FUT Champions (partly as I'm too crap to qualify) but OP has a very valid point and saying not EA's fault isn't really addressing his point at all.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    No its not EA's fault he works weekends. Not their fault that I work weekends either.

However most games recognise that people work weekend shifts by making modes available at varied times. Forza has leagues daily at different times etc.

I'm not unduly bothered about FUT Champions (partly as I'm too crap to qualify) but OP has a very valid point and saying not EA's fault isn't really addressing his point at all.

Yeah, his post was pretty reasonable.

It's tough to fix, though. You could run a midweek league (say, Wednesday and Thursday) with players only allowed to qualify for one or the other. But that's gonna split your playerbase, and still doesn't address people who are only off Monday and Tuesday. You can't please everyone, and sometimes you mess yourself up trying.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    It's a globally standard period where they can expect a vast majority of their player base to have the free time to play upwards of 40 games. And they've kinda made playing their game part of a weekly schedule for some people, so it's no longer "I'll play some video games this weekend" it's now "I have to play FIFA this weekend for the league rewards." If it was something they did at random or multiple days in the week in addition to the weekend they lose that sense of urgency and everyone goes back to just playing whatever whenever.

It's like football and soccer, the majority of the games are on the weekend and people can plan around that firm concise schedule, but basketball, baseball and hockey is practically every damn day it's nearly impossible for someone to watch all of it.
  • FUT_Moe
    1163 posts Professional
    Well, the mode itself still has the novelty of being new. I'm guessing eventually the hype will die down and EA will probably try something different to freshen things up, and who knows, maybe something on weekdays, otherwise, let's just say there maybe some "sick" days in future weekends for me :p