What's happened to the game

I had won most things as a starter career with United on world class so dropped a tier.

I was Cardiff and doing well....top after 8 games with an average team

Took Newcastle job and took from 18th to 2nd......

Now I can barely score a goal? Over passed two days the opposition just defend and are amazing at it?? They seem to keep doing perfect tackles... Most games now are 0-0 or 1-0 due to a cheap goal like a pen or corner?

Is this the patch? Because they have messed this right up

Comments

• Yup the update made ai defenders like fifa 16 again it's a shame, crazy interceptions and 60 pace defender catching your 85 pace player. This is what happens when people complain sadly they change things and ruin it for the people that were enjoying it.
  • Lee1979
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    With my Hartlepool team I'm 18 games in and have the best defensive record and the worst scoring record. Like you most of my games are 0-0.

I've even dropped it from Legendary to World Class but I have so much trouble scoring. Players won't make intelligent runs, 6 foot 5 defenders don't win headers, the new shielding feature is pointless as the AI can tackle you from behind. Their first touch is flawless mine is more often than not heavy, the threaded through ball is also now usless.

Game now feels like fifa 16 at launch. It's **** garbage in the lower leagues.

• Goldenear007
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I finished my first season with a score of 93. I'm on target with my board objectives yet by the start of September in my second season the score has dropped to 81.

I've just played four games including CSKA Moscow, West Ham and Crystal Palace and every opponent was identical. They all press high, they mark touch tight and their slowest players ( a centre half for CSKA with a speed of 50 ) are keeping pace with players with speed in the high 80s / low 90s.
    How can someone like Michael Carrick keep pace with or catch up with Promes ?!

Almost every ricochet goes to a CPU player. They disposses my players far too easily, often from behind, and players with low interception and strength scores are either tackling like Maldini or impossible to knock off the ball.

Too many well timed tackles result in a yellow card.
    Players take far too long to accelerate after you've switched to them.
    The Player Select / Switch Player is terrible. If i have a defender 5 yards from the CPU player and wish to switch to him, the Switch Player will choose a player 20 yards away. Everything seems geared to allow the CPU possession. Basically, the CPU / AI is cheating.

All this since the update

And this is on Semi Pro. I like to stay on Semi Pro because in FIFA 14 you could play some great " console football " and smash teams 10-0. It was fun.

This is just utter garbage.

The game is broke.
  • It appears the objectives in manager mode are just targets and have no real impact on your club which has proved disappointing.

As far as game play goes I am scoring goals the same way as I have been since fifa15 which makes me feel as though I have been playing the same game for the last 3 years.
  • Lee1979
    edited October 2016
    Just finished my Hartlepool career first season, ended near the bottom. Out of 48 games I drew 32. Most of which were 0-0.

I've tried god knows how many formations and tactics, but scoring by my opponents or me doesn't happen. Best defensive record and worse scoring record.

W- 7
    L - 7
    D - 32.

I dominate the ball, I have most of the chances, but the first touch is shocking, the final ball rarely goes in the direction I want it and many shots are either delayed so the defender can block it, or it's saved.

The goals I concede are against the run of play and are usually a bullet pass from deep in their own half all the way up to an attacker, who controls it perfectly and rifles it in the top corner, with Martin Tyler screaming "OH IT HAS BEEN COMING!!" I guess that's the. "Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly." from the update.

I even re-calibrated my controller, thinking it must be faulty.
    I'll give it another season and see if I can buy a striker that can actually put the ball in the net, but I should have scored more goals by accident than I have.

But it looks like Fifa 17 is just going to be from online play for me this year, which is a hacker fest on PC.
    Post edited by Lee1979 on
  • Yeah...i persisted but its not fun. Ai seems to keep poking ball away in every attack... I've stopped until patch.... I was hoping EA had mixed world class and legendary like last year...oh well
  • Was the same for me. Enjoyed the game very much before the Patch, playing 8 minutes om Professional. Scored in a lot of Different ways. Won many games but lost a lot too. After the patch nearly every game is the same. No headers, only 0-0, 1-0, had now seven games in a row without a goal from cpu. My shooting is awful now, no power anymore. Passing is the same. But now i tried to adjust some sliders. Reduced pass error and shot error to 45, increased shotpower up to 55 and reduced positioning marking to 45. For cpu and me the same. That was important for me to do the same for both sides. Have played now a few games and had a 1:1, a 3:0 victory and a 2:1 with a lot of luck. Gameplay feels a lot like before the Patch now. I even won some headers after corners. For every one who had the same Problems: change these 4 sliders for both sides and give it a try.
  • Goldenear007
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah...i persisted but its not fun. Ai seems to keep poking ball away in every attack... I've stopped until patch.... I was hoping EA had mixed world class and legendary like last year...oh well

The way the AI defenders can dispossess you is just ridiculous and often it's a player with poor interception or stand tackle stats.

And my first game after loading up, the weather is nearly always Rain.
  • Even the earnings you make throughout the season don't carry on to your next season. I cant believe how many reviewers are duped in giving this game a 8 or 9. It might be a good football game for the uninitiated but its utter garbage if you consider the journey, pro club and career mode is the same. FUT is just a repeat and re-rinse each year.... worst grinding experience ever. Sad to say cause i love football, i will still buy this garbage each year haha.
    seriously hope a new publisher gets some of the rights and create a decent football game. Scary how rocket league felt more like a game of football than either PES or Fifa do.
  • Webdizzle
    82 posts Park Captain
    I finished my first season with a score of 93. I'm on target with my board objectives yet by the start of September in my second season the score has dropped to 81.

I've just played four games including CSKA Moscow, West Ham and Crystal Palace and every opponent was identical. They all press high, they mark touch tight and their slowest players ( a centre half for CSKA with a speed of 50 ) are keeping pace with players with speed in the high 80s / low 90s.

Almost every ricochet goes to a CPU player. They disposses my players far too easily, often from behind, and players with low interception and strength scores are either tackling like Maldini or impossible to knock off the ball.

The Player Select / Switch Player is terrible. If i have a defender 5 yards from the CPU player and wish to switch to him, the Switch Player will choose a player 20 yards away. Everything seems geared to allow the CPU possession. Basically, the CPU / AI is cheating.

And this is on Semi Pro. I like to stay on Semi Pro because in FIFA 14 you could play some great " console football " and smash teams 10-0. It was fun.

The game is broke.

Could not agree more. The game is a joke and shielding from the CPU is the worst they just run the line holding you pathetic player at arms length.

I hate the game now absolutely dross and a bore to play.

I'm level 91 and I've never been so sadden by the lazy EA developers.
  • Cooler08
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2016
    Im playing on Professional as Middlesbrough. In season 5, im currently top of the Premier league after about 10 matches. If anything, im getting less 0-0 draws after the patch. The only 0-0 draw so far this season was a home match against Man Utd.

Fifa seems to be programmed so the CPU team will defend like a brick wall in certain matches, so the explanation might be that you are in a period of those such matches.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Even the earnings you make throughout the season don't carry on to your next season. I cant believe how many reviewers are duped in giving this game a 8 or 9. It might be a good football game for the uninitiated but its utter garbage if you consider the journey, pro club and career mode is the same. FUT is just a repeat and re-rinse each year.... worst grinding experience ever. Sad to say cause i love football, i will still buy this garbage each year haha.
    seriously hope a new publisher gets some of the rights and create a decent football game. Scary how rocket league felt more like a game of football than either PES or Fifa do.

Don't see how just because you love football you have to buy the game.
  • samlemahoney
    58 posts Park Captain
    I thought before the patch it was worse. In three seasons with Hull I only ever scored 2 or more goals on five occasions with only one of those being a 3 goals scored. All my results were either 0-0 or 1-1 draws with the rare 1-0 victory. Literally my second season in the league I had 40 points, 0 goals conceded, 37 draws and 1 win. 2 goals scored. That's how frustrating it was before the patch for me.
  • Lee1979
    On Legendary I've found the higher leagues easy, but the lower leagues frustratingly hard even on World class. A 60 rated player from my team seems to play a lot worse than a CPU's 60 rated player.

I like doing a RTG career mode in Fifa, starting in League 2 and very rarely start in the Premier League. But as many have been pointing out how easy the game is and I'm having a very difficult time, I started a Watford Career, to see how it is. And it is a lot easier than it should be. Maybe the scaling of players is off.
  • The Ai opposition just do nothing in attack and are happy to just sit in so the games are just a matter of if you can score really. They need to sit in less and be more attacking because the game isn't as exciting of an experience for the player if the game isn't as tense.
  • rjhsteel
    34 posts Park Captain
    Glad its not just me then!

Like to echo the same. Pre patch the games were fun, now its boring as hell.

Please change it back!!!!
  • Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    If offline, have you tried playing around with the sliders? Can change the game completely in a good way!
  • MuzzaLUFC
    1240 posts Professional
    Went on the game the other day in my Bournemouth career, in my 2nd season on World Class.

Sunday I think I played it, I won my CL game 4-0 v Zenit, my next league game 3-0 v Watford. Today, I beat Fulham 3-1 in the League Cup and followed that with a 5-0 win at Manchester United (was only 0-2 after 80 mins, I scored 3 late goals as they pressed hard to get a goal back).

I genuinely have not noticed any difference at all since I started the game last month...
  • Webdizzle
    82 posts Park Captain

The game is broke.

So true, I can't believe how I have the exact same issue as you yet there are people saying legendary is too easy. I play world class and find it a complete bore draw or stupid AI GOAL every match.

This game is pure **** now
  • Lee1979
    People find Legendary easy because of wing play being very easy to pass players with 1-2s. Also you can cut in from the wings and run across the box without the CPU putting a foot in giving you the time to find the gap to pass to a striker or to shoot yourself.

Like most Fifas, there is a sure way of scoring. Fifa 14 was crosses and headers, Fifa 15, 16 and 17 seems to be cutting in with wingers. People are frustrated with Legendary because they were doing this last year so there is no learning curve, it's instantly easy for them.