Transfer targets

Banno89
704 posts Semi-Pro
Hello

Can people help me? I'm Blackburn Rovers on my career mode and sitting 5th in the Championship on world class. I'm looking for a CM and another decent ST to push my up the table in the 2nd half of the season.

Any suggestions? I have about 12 mill to spend but don't want to over pay for a player if you know what I mean.

Thanks

Comments

• hedop
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Well maybe you should give a bit more feedback. Do you need a CM that is defensive minded (like Tolisso, Goretzka or Koziello) or more the basically CAM type but a bit deeper lying (say Delle Alli or Youri Tielemans typewise)? What about the striker? What skills do you value/what formation does he need to function in?

Since I don't employ CAM's I can't really comment on them too much but Josh Onomoh is a very good young player that should be rated around a 72 or 73 during the Winter transfer period and should be available for 3-5 Mio depending on his stat growth. He is 19 with a potential to reach 85. Viktor Kovalenko is in the same mold althought slightly more expensive since he starts at a 75. He should be between 5 and 10 Mio. For a mix of both go for Matheus Pereira (the one without pic) he is 18 and 70 rated and can climb to an 85.

If you are looking more of a defensive CM take Timothy Fosu-Mensah. Basically a mini Pogba who isn't as full of **** as Pogba himself, 71 rated with a potential to go to 87, available for either loan or probably around 3 Mio from ManU. He is very, very decent for a small EPL side so he should have no problems dominating the Championship midfields. Similar is Ruben Neves who will probably cost around 6 Mio since he is 75 rated but can also grow to an 85. Lewis Cook is smack in the middle of both being a 71 with an 85 potential and available for around 3-4 Mio from Bournemouth plus he is a good English player. All of them have very good workrates to dominate defensively and enough skill to actually move the ball or move with the ball as well and none of them is slow as hell. Adam Nagy from Bologna is another very good player in that mold rated at a 73 and with a potential of 85. He should be available for around 5 Mio. The last one is Pablo Galdames. 19, 72 rated, 85 potential, incredible interception rating and available for between 4 and 5 Mio.

Strikers like I said depends on what you expect from them. If you can forego the CM then go for Rashford or Iheanacho. Those two should score bucketloads in the Championship and should be 82 or 83 rated after the season plus both are on the fringes of their squads. If you can get a good deal for them you might get one of them for 8-9 Mio leaving you enough to sign the likes of Lewis Cook or Timothy Fosu-Mensah. It might be tight but you'd get an incredible package. Otherwise:

Tammy Abrahams, 69 rated initially, good speed, good finishing, good header, good size, 85 potential should be available for 2-5 Mio depending on his growth at only 18 years old and again: English.

André Silva, 75 rated, lacks passing but otherwise the complete package, 20 years of age, available for between 5 and 8 Mio, 85 potential.

Timo Werner, initially lacks heading and strength, 75 rated, 85 potential, lightning quick, good passing, good finishing betweem 6 and 8 Mio.

My advise? Try get Rashford and Fosu-Mensah or Iheanacho and Cook. Or a mixture of those 4. Cook is decent enough defensively off the bat but is more of a forward player and Fosu-Mensah is more raw when it comes to going forward but a beast on defense and can basically play any position on defense (CDM, LB, RB, CB, CM) plus he has good height and a decent header if that is important to you. Rashford and Iheanacho are basically the same player. Quick, good finishing, good dribbling and close enough to have a good header that you will only need to spend a couple of sessions on heading to have them hit 75 and be lethal, especially since both are tall.
  • Banno89
    704 posts Semi-Pro
    Cheers for the info pal, very in depth!! I already have Josh Onomah on a years loan at the start of the season. Yea i'm looking for CM/CAM with a good distance shooter stat, i play with Evans and Chalobah which are two CMs but not with very good attacking stats. I have villalba from valencia who seems to be too lightweight and his stamina is not the best at the minute so looking for a 'proven' goalscoring CM.

Striker i have Chupa Akpom, Marvin Emnes and Danny Graham but looking for a small quick ST to partner Danny Graham as Emnes is on his way back to Swansea soon.
  • hedop
    Well I'd still get Cook. He is a Tweener and it's basically up to you in which direction you develope him as he has 14 points to grow and he is dirt cheap for what he brings but like I said he is a 71 and basically decent at most stuff but not great.

Marc Stendera isn't slow but he isn't exactly fast but he might be just what you are looking for. 72 Finish and 76 shot power, natural CAM, 20 years old 76 rated, Potential of 85 BUT he will probably cost anywhere from 6 to 10 Mio.

A mix would be: André Filipe Luz Horta Good speed, good passing, bit of defense, good strong shot but rubbish finisher... so basically up to you. 76 rated, 85 Potential and around 6 to 10 Mio.

Strikerwise you'll have to take what there is which isn't much because apart from the wingback position the striker position is the most devoid of young hopefulls. José Manuel García Naranjo might be something for you but his balance is **** and he is 6'0 so not exactly small. He is lightening quick but his balance rating seriously **** up his being a small agile player, furthermore he just got transfered and has a 5 year deal so you might be looking at 10 mio and for that: get Iheanacho or Rashford... I mean if you have 10 mil and need a striker that is yours... get them.

You could try Alex Iwobi or Robert Kennedy for around 5 mio and a 72 or 73 respectively but they are more natural wingers and their finishing is seriously lacking.

Maxwell Cornet might be a really nice possibility if you can get him cheap (cost me usually 10 mio to get him). Natural winger but very good shot power and finishing and might be really good teamup with a larger player who can lay the ball off or be in position for the pass. Incredible workrates as well. 19 years, 75 with an 85 Potential.

Mikel Oyarzabal Ugarte is another more natural winger but with good finishing and speed and decent workrates. Good dribbling, good passing, good crossing so perfect for a 2 man striker system. Might be out of your reach financially though. 77 rated, 85 potential, probably around 10 mio.

Corentin Jean is the last possibility. Very small, very quick, good shot, good finishing, attrocious passing. 72 rated, 84 potential, probably between 3 and 5 mio.

In the end your best bet is to put the stats you want into sofifa.com's search engine and have a look.

• Banno89
    704 posts Semi-Pro
    Signed a guy called Mickaël Le Bihan from Nice hes 26 and has decent stats so took a gamble on him. Have Iwobi on loan and I've just signed Rolando Aarons for around 4 mill
  • hedop
    I don't really bother spending millions on guys that age with that little potential... just not worth the money especially since you could have gotten the same stats with any of the guys I proposed who are 6 years younger and have 10 points more potential ;). Aarons is okayish as a winger but shittish for a CAM. Lacks in passing and vision, shots are bad and long shots are worse... but it's your career mate.
  • Banno89
    704 posts Semi-Pro
    Lol i signed him for the fact that i had kaputska on loan from Leicester and sold Craig Conway so i only have Alex Awobi as an LM