The patch destroyed Pro clubs!

Limpo
27 posts Last Pick at the Park
I am not talking about the reduction of players stats when I say this. My player went from 89 to 87 and thats not a big of a jump so that should not be the reason why it feels bad. 87 is still a good player. I am talking about the overall gameplay of pro clubs after the patch. Everything feels different.

The player feels sluggish. And I say this is not because of connection/input lag. Because I feel the connection/input lag has decreased as I had some problems pre-patch. But the player feels not as agile as before even when I had some connection issues. You don't have good ball controll anymore, you can't pass, you can't score, you can't cover the ball as effectiv anymore. The defenders has become extremely good at defending which makes you have less time to do anything when you are going to recieve a pass. Especially with the terrible ball control. You can't even try to fight physically with a defender anymore. Now they just tackle you away.

At the same time the defenders can't pass the ball themselves either. They can't find a way to find a solution to play so they don't get pressed and ends up losing the ball alot instead. We played 8 games today and every match ended 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1. Nobody that we played against good play good. There were so much misstakes in every game. We have gone from lowest division up till now div 4 and played really good. Now it feels like I am playing a different game.

Me and my friends have played Pro Clubs since FIFA 11 and this is the first time since like Fifa 13 we were really excited to play Pro clubs because FIFA 17 Pro clubs pre patch was really fun. There was so many ways you could play to win. Before the patch I felt that pace wasn't as effective as it used to be. I hadn't even used a Pace boost before the patch. Now after the patch I feel Pace is essential again and I had to put acceleration boost on to be able to do anything. The matches we played was pace and crossing all over again. Not fun...

I really don't like where this is going. And like I said I don't think it's the reduction of pro players stats. It is something else. Like I mean, the difference between a 87 and 89 player is the same as the difference of 89 and 91 player. 89-87 = 2 = 91-89. I should be able as an 87 player to cover the ball from a 89 player (or whatever) as 89 player would to a 91 player. It's not that. It's the overall gameplay changes.

Please FIFA revert the changes for pro clubs or something. I am so disapointed right now.

Comments

• Kitchmix
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    We feel the complete opposite.. it now feels like a fair game again. I would of stopped playing if this wasn't patched.
  • Limpo
    How? Why? WHat is more fair now than before?
  • Spamming over the top balls and unplayable gameplay. Played clubs for years. What a joke! reset it before the patch or kiss goodbye to people playing.
  • PureFramez
    3628 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2016
    I kinda like it, but I must say I always was a Big guy so i can't really Talk about Dribbling. But my passing finally feels as good as it should be.
  • chancy319
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The computer is so much more improved. Their defending is much better now.
  • Limpo
    edited October 2016
    PureFramez wrote: »
    I kinda like it, but I must say I always was a Big guy so i can't really Talk about Dribbling. But my passing finally feels as good as it should be.

I play as a midfielder so I am averge size too. The passing is worse. A player can't handle a pass from a teammate too.
  • Limpo wrote: »

The AI aren't **** zombies anymore?
    Sure they still make stupid mistakes but they have improved since the patch and its only made games fairer. I feel the only people complaining about the improved AI are the ones who just try to run and take on a whole team.

Judging by the scores you posted, they look like close games to?
    Looks more like real fair football scores to me.

I hate EA, but for me this patch has improved pro clubs and game feels more stable.
  • Limpo
    edited October 2016
    MrJigglyBa wrote: »
    Limpo wrote: »

The AI aren't **** zombies anymore?
    Sure they still make stupid mistakes but they have improved since the patch and its only made games fairer. I feel the only people complaining about the improved AI are the ones who just try to run and take on a whole team.

Judging by the scores you posted, they look like close games to?
    Looks more like real fair football scores to me.

I hate EA, but for me this patch has improved pro clubs and game feels more stable.

The AI were never bad at defending. And now they play like zombies WITH the ball. They say they up'ed the AIs but they are much worse with ball. We have never been a pace team. We are about possession, but that is so hard now when the passing and the ball controll when recieving the ball is ****. Even for the AI! If you read my first post you see I never felt the need to use a pace boost. My player was agile so I didn't need pace. Now after the patch I feel I do.

And playing more people than 2-3 did gain you an advantage. Like it should. You should not be able to trust the AIs defending and just stay upfront. We usually play 6 people in a 433 with false 9. And when we were like only 4 people playing we left the wingers to the AI and played 3 midfielders and one false 9. So just pace has never been our thing. Build up is where it's at. Now every other team is gonna play ultradefensive 532 with two humans up top waiting.

The first two games we played were so boring. Nothing literally happend the entire games. One of our guys started trolling because it was so bad/boring so he actually ended up getting a red card when he was gonna do a cross. The next three we were the better team with 2-3 times the scoring chances for us agaisnt the oppenents. But the end product was so bad. Either we couldn't shoot or the goalie kept making ridculus saves (Which I actually do like) or we couldn't make the last key pass to the right adress.

After this everyone left except me and another guy and we actually scored our first playgoal off the night. The other goals we did before then was one penalty and one corner. We were only two people! It should be harder then. We played a 3511 formations with us two up top. Which has been ridiculuosly good in the last two fifas. The goal we scored were after 5 mins. Then we lost the game 1-2 because the AI could not play like they did before patch and gave them two goals.

I do agree though that the game has been more stable after the patch. I had so connection/input lag issues in both Pro Clubs and FUT. They have yet to occur after the patch. Which is good. BUT still my Pro clubs player feels more SLuggish than before!

I am so disapointed with the change.
  • MaximSVK
    70 posts Park Captain
    Everything you wrote in OP is how I felt the pre-patch gameplay in Clubs was like .. strange.
  • Limpo
    The way it is now just promotes pace and lobbed through balls :(
  • Limpo
    I am about to start saying cusswords to EA. IT'S THE SAME **** TONIGHT!!!
  • Limpo
    The first touches in Pro clubs is so bad right now!
  • Kitchmix
    adapt. Use ball control trait.. shield the ball more. Just suggestions
  • Limpo
    OMG #adapt... Shield the ball doesn't work as good as it did before the patch. Have ball controll trait. Seriously what division are you in?
  • I also feel like the patch made things worse! The original post by Limpo says it all! But I would like to know why my pro overall dropped from 91 to 88?!?
    Please EA, please revert gameplay back to pre-patch and stop messing with it as it was finally fun again after many years of rubbish
  • Kitchmix
    OMG #adapt... Shield the ball doesn't work as good as it did before the patch. Have ball controll trait. Seriously what division are you in?

Hey, I'm not the one bitching like a little girl
  • Limpo
    Utunko wrote: »
    I also feel like the patch made things worse! The original post by Limpo says it all! But I would like to know why my pro overall dropped from 91 to 88?!?
    Please EA, please revert gameplay back to pre-patch and stop messing with it as it was finally fun again after many years of rubbish

It's because they have made the XP bar to reach higher lvls bigger. Meaning it takes longer to get good. Which is fine by me. It's the balanced in the gameplay they have screwed up with this patch.

Kitchmix wrote: »

Hey, I'm not the one bitching like a little girl

Have you even read what I have written? I have made two long posts in this thread about why I feel what I feel. Seriously what division are you in?

• Rdb
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2016
    I dont notice any difference in gameplay since the patch.

The things they changed in patchnotes are not affecting the overall gameplay that much.

AI fkups just happen. U get unlucky at times.
    AI defenders are a lot better tho compared to fifa16. Park the bus stops of most thru ballls however it gives space for long range shots.
    Play balanced and you are taking risk to get broken.

Im playing in div1. 1 league title so far.
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    yeah, compared to Fifa 16 AI is better .. well, ok .. if you dont mind the blackouts :D

all in all if you play nice passing football, i like pro clubs more than in 16

just toning done speed for big players i dont like too much, because in reality they are not slower, but this is not about the patch, i guess this is changed by silent updates
  • Dutchieeee
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I agree. Instead of patching the wrong things, how about you block upfield position players from selecting the GK slot in drop in matches?? The other most annoying thing besides BALLHOGS are Strikers picking the GK slot when they cant get their position. Running up the field like idiots and/or scoring in own goals and spamming the A-button.
    Is that too much to ask? Selecting a GK SLOT as a upfield player wasnt allowed 2-3 FIFA's ago, so I know it can be fixed.

To go back to original post, EA did the same thing to FIFA 16, ruin the already broken game even more with their first patch. Ridiculous!
  • nixdrauf
    Dutchieeee wrote: »
    I agree. Instead of patching the wrong things, how about you block upfield position players from selecting the GK slot in drop in matches?? The other most annoying thing besides BALLHOGS are Strikers picking the GK slot when they cant get their position. Running up the field like idiots and/or scoring in own goals and spamming the A-button.
    Is that too much to ask? Selecting a GK SLOT as a upfield player wasnt allowed 2-3 FIFA's ago, so I know it can be fixed.

To go back to original post, EA did the same thing to FIFA 16, ruin the already broken game even more with their first patch. Ridiculous!

problem is ... people who wanna troll will just select keeper pro ... and run around the field ... the only solution for this is ... kick a keeper out of the game, if he is out of the box more than a keeper usually should
  • The Game
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Since the game obviously can detect when you are "out of position" why can´t it be that a GK get´s removed from the game automatically as soon as this stat rises to certain amount ?
  • Dutchieeee
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I agree with both, but in this case at least if the troll quits the game, the cpu gets to control a legit GK with GK skills instead of a STriker with no goalkeeping ability. Know what i mean?
    Both suggestions are good. The reason why i mentioned mine is because I know that it has been done before in previous FIFA games.

Now, thr other thing that i feel personally needs to be patched is the lobby. Why does the guy who doesnt pick a position before timer runs out get to be the GK??? Thats the dumbest **** ever.
    We wait for 2 - 4 mins in thr lobby and get punished with a GK because he didnt pick a position?? How about he gets kicked out!?!?! Makes no sense EA.

Why people need to have the time run out beats me, There is nothing you can do in the lobby other than pick a side and press A. But yet there are dummies who either just sit there and wait on purpose or are not even near their xbox, yet decided to search for a lobby. Those are 4 mins of our lives we are not getting back..

If anyone just like to enjoy the game regardless of records, win, losses, which are part of the game anyway, feel free to join my team. Im 40yrs old, play the game for fun and enjoyment. Dont care about stats or records. As long as youre mature and play the game the way the sport is played.
  • nixdrauf
    true .. easy solution for this lobby blocking guys: let more people in the lobby .. and when the slots are full start

and yeah, at least block gk position for only gk pros
  • Limpo
    edited October 2016
    I have to say, something has change now again. For the better. The game has better flow now for some reason. It is possible to pass, to dribble, to shoot again. Have they done an update after the first or what has happend? Either way it feels okay now. :)
    Post edited by Limpo on
  • Kitchmix
    I have to say, something has change now again. For the better. The game has better flow now for some reason. It is possible to pass, to dribble, to shoot again. Have they done an update after the first or what has happend? Either way it feels okay now. :)

It'll change again...
  • The Game
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Dutchieeee wrote: »
    Now, thr other thing that i feel personally needs to be patched is the lobby. Why does the guy who doesnt pick a position before timer runs out get to be the GK??? Thats the dumbest **** ever.

Spot on !

I wouldn´t be surprised at all if they aren´t aware of this @ EA Sports