Why aren't auto buyers getting a permanent ban?

Mos
130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Why?

Essentially they are cheaters... I've been transfer banned for sniping legitamately, and the ban was like 1 hour (I don't snipe anymore, as it is frustrating) but how come Autobuyers don't get perm banned?

Comments

• RadioShaq
    17874 posts Moderator
    You put a stress on the servers too not just bots. Just like when we couldn't get on and everyone was sniping cards for the son sbc.
  • Mos
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    You put a stress on the servers too not just bots. Just like when we couldn't get on and everyone was sniping cards for the son sbc.

Ok, but why aren't Autobuyers getting permanently banned?

Because there is nothing to differentiate them to legit snipers?
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    The coders will always find new ways to avoid detection, so until the web app goes or they put it on a less exploitable platform it won't happen to be honest. Just gotta live with it. They are definitely more on it with banning accounts that have coins transferred from AB accounts though since last year so it's less prevalent but won't be eradicated entirely until they change something about the web app.
  • Mos
    Yeah.

Problem is, there's no perm ban for people using auto clickers.
  • Foldsea
    1279 posts Professional
    You can also get temp banned for bidding to much, is that also putting stress on the servers ?
    Maybe time to get servers that can handle bidding.

• JuvePerSempre
    829 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Most likely because the ones who were not good at it have already been banned thus leaving the ones who are skilled at it and know how to avoid detection. It is definitely annoying because there is no way to really compete with a machine, but that is just how it goes, I am afraid.
  • Foldsea
    1279 posts Professional
    Does anybody know what the "rules" or is it called Terms of service say about the transfer?
    I cant find anything about it .

Is there a rule that you can only buy X amount of players dayli , or you cant search more then 100 time a day.
    I am massbidding and get temp ban again and its getting annoying.

• RadioShaq
    17874 posts Moderator
    They probably won't tell you because people will make the bots to avoid the rules.
  • Springveldt
    5992 posts Big Money Move
    Foldsea wrote: »
    You can also get temp banned for bidding to much, is that also putting stress on the servers ?
    Maybe time to get servers that can handle bidding.
    Yes it is actually. It depends on how fast you are placing the bids as each account will get a limit to how many requests they can perform in X timeframe.

Bots are meeting this rule so don't get banned (and the bot owner will have multiple accounts to make sure each bot is within the limit but still maximise their chances of getting the good deals) while humans who "snipe" sit there and spam the search button as fast as they can, hit the request limit and get told to go sit in the corner for a while.
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    edited October 2016
    because they use vpns, the fix for autobuyers is adding a captcha to web app login but ea are lazy so....
  • Springveldt
    5992 posts Big Money Move
    racecar101 wrote: »
    because they use vpns, the fix for autobuyers is adding a captcha to web app login but ea are lazy so....
    If they were using commercial vpns then EA could block those IP ranges, same goes for AWS and Azure.
    Captcha can be solved programmaticly and would only annoy a human user.
    EA have went down the correct route imho with limiting requests and limiting accounts per PS4. The only way to truly get rid of them would be to shut down the web api. (get rid of the web app and companion app)
  • AMemi97
    416 posts Sunday League Hero
    I hate those bots, makes trading so hard for us, and they are cheating to gain a unfair advantage.