Do Championship teams get Prem League badges?

Planoxetine
34 posts Last Pick at the Park
In FIFA 17, If I play as Aston Villa and gain promotion will their kits get Premier League badges on sleeves?

Comments

• Planoxetine
    Anyone know?

• Nope. Confirmed on PC, got promoted, no sleeve patches.
  • Planoxetine
    Nope. Confirmed on PC, got promoted, no sleeve patches.

Thanks. That's really poor :(
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Has always been this way I presume it's a licensing thing. They'll also continue to use the EFL fonts.
  • CosmicCoolA34
    10 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2016
    Licensing thing, unfortunately:/
  • Zaqattaq
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Has anyone from EA ever confirmed that this is a licensing issue? Every year this is such a major disappointment.
  • I think I saw it mentioned somewhere, yes.
  • Planoxetine
    It's annoying as I would love to take a team like Villa or Newcastle back to the Premier League but I just can't be doing with the wrong fonts and names on backs of shirts. It looks silly.
  • Once Moddingway figure out how to mod the frostbite engine they can patch it in, same as they did for FIFA 16.
  • It's unrealistic to expect Aston Vile to get promoted anyway. A bit is realism needed......
  • Technology is there, the sleeve patches change for FA Cup games. Must be a licencing thing.

HWickBluenose - just another illiterate bluenose.
  • flcinusa
    534 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Technology is there, the sleeve patches change for FA Cup games. Must be a licencing thing.

They change for FA Cup games? Never seen them change as the patches are part of the kit texture.
  • marcello_rj
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    In Madden the teams that play superbowl in FM have the sb patches applied, so there's not a tech problem i think, must be a licensing one, they could have a clausule in the contracts predicting these things, changing the patches according to tourneaments, relegation, etc...
  • flcinusa
    534 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its not a technical limitation, it's just lazy, the patches are not dynamic, they are part of the kit graphics. Same with the FIFA club world championship one on Barça kit, Italian scudetto on Juventus and so on
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2016
    Technology is there, the sleeve patches change for FA Cup games. Must be a licencing thing.
    Does this happen in FIFA 17?
    I've never seen it happen in older versions of FIFA (well, this sort of behaviour usually got patched in via RevolutionMod, but that's another issue).
  • Geefiasco
    92 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2016
    It's not a licensing issue, it's a laziness issue.
  • flcinusa wrote: »

They change for FA Cup games? Never seen them change as the patches are part of the kit texture.

Defo happens in FA Cup games, check next time you play career mode.
  • Geefiasco wrote: »
    It's not a licensing issue, it's a laziness issue.

100% agree. One of those minor changes which would add so much more to the game but gets overlooked every year because Ultimate Team.