Park the bus

KingLionel10
14977 posts World Class
Why is this even in the game man. So frustrating to play against especially with the blocking this year.

Just lost the qualifying final against a bus parking bulb with attribute cards on the front 3. I just couldnt break him down.

Stormed the first 3 games but the last 1 was a mare, dont think I'm gonna qualify this weekend :'(

I need to git gud

Comments

• Pugzilla
    15569 posts World Class
    There really is no easy fix bud. I wish I knew how to go about beating it. Best method I have found so far is to use the default "High-Pressure" tactic and try and win the ball back as early as possible limiting their space as they try to get clear of their half. Having them pinned in should in theory give you more chances.
  • Jackk102
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I lost two games in a row from it being tied, then in the second half they would score and go to the corners and hold lt. sold my club and just have been trading for the past week...
  • Th3 UK Smurf
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why is this even in the game man. So frustrating to play against especially with the blocking this year.

Just lost the qualifying final against a bus parking bulb with attribute cards on the front 3. I just couldnt break him down.

Stormed the first 3 games but the last 1 was a mare, dont think I'm gonna qualify this weekend :'(

I need to git gud

I often find with these people playing posession and knocking round in midfield forces their players to rush out and opens gaps. Be more patient in your attack against this system and you will create chances with the attacking intelligence this year. I always have a CAM on free roam so he is my go to guy when trying to find space. Hope this helps a little mate
  • RandomLhama83
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    only way is to score first. hold up the ball and look for some openings on the wing. Its in the game because its a legit tactic in the game in real.
  • McNasty
    90 posts Park Captain
    Stick two monster strikers up top and bombard him with early crosses. These noob cakes usually have some scrawny CB's like Otamendi and Bailly who simply cannot defend a high cross.
  • Addicksfan
    3241 posts National Call-Up
    What did you expect, people want to qualify for the weekend, playing on PTB gives you a better chance of shutting down your opponent and springing a counter that you'll score from....until EA nerf it the WAC mentality players will play this style.

As above, try and be more patient, do not rush the ball forwards and play the odd pass backwards to draw players out of position.
  • Mutu10gol
    2457 posts Fans' Favourite

I need to git gud

this ptb must be removed,ok i understand this exist in real life but in game is to much,score one and then ptb,easy win :smiley:
  • Dodds
    7649 posts League Winner
    It's generally not PTB that gets me it's the counter attacking tactic, when all the players sit on the edge of the box.

Unless you have someone that can smash a long ranger it's so bloody hard.
  • Addicksfan
    3241 posts National Call-Up
    Ashamed to say this but I normally play on balanced 4-3-3 (2) or (4) and the other evening decided to give ultra defensive and counter a go and went 5 wins and no losses......it comes as no surprise that people decide to play on PTB when an average player such as myself can go 5 wins in a row. Fifa rewards the really sweaty players.....
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    What came first though? The PTB or the overpowered striker? Previous years included Doumbia, The fella from Dortmund who's name I can't spell, Sturridge, Remy Miss from Leicester.
    When you've got those monsters running at you like a freight train, you cant afford to push your defenders up high.
    I don't play on PTB, because i can't get out of my own box when I try, but I do get it.
    If you don't want to face PTB maybe you should look to run a different striker or two?
  • Voodoo_Monkey
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA needs to remove this option from the game. Sick to the back teeth of these PTB/Counter attacking/slide tackling ****!

It's the same tactic every bloody match!
  • Dodds
    7649 posts League Winner
    Just played against PTB and counter in draft final, won 3-0.

Giving Bale 30 yards of room, TC ;)
  • Xaini29
    1994 posts Fans' Favourite
    get a player with good long shots, unfortunately those are expensive-
  • FLASHFLUSH1
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    Just made a thread about a PTB solution. Let me know what you think!
  • Cadey 5
    10366 posts Has That Special Something
    @Th3 UK Smurf out of interest what team did you use last week and
    @KingLionel10 should be removed I play against it last night so for once I thought screw it il go ultra D to so I can't get counter attacked, 0 clear cut chances where created and I lost on pens was a great game. :/
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17021 posts World Class
    PTB will continue to be an over used tactic until EA nerf the AI auto containing and auto tackling.

User controlled defenders should have increased accuracy when tackling, while AI defenders should have decreased accuracy.

This would encourage people to manually control defenders, thus increasing skill gap.
  • Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    I said it the minute they introduced it that its just plain silly because it's something they manually added to the game and you could see it a mile away that it's going to get exploited.
  • Th3 UK Smurf
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    @Th3 UK Smurf out of interest what team did you use last week and
    @KingLionel10 should be removed I play against it last night so for once I thought screw it il go ultra D to so I can't get counter attacked, 0 clear cut chances where created and I lost on pens was a great game. :/

@Cadey 5 i used 4321

Nani, Benzema, Bale
    Hernanes, Kroos, De Rossi,
    Alex Sandro, Chiellini, Bonucci, Florenzi
    Handanovic