Custom Tactics Glitch

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
Maybe everyone knows this already but I noticed a glitch in custom tactics last night. In the menu, let's say you set it to crossing 40, shooting 60 - if you then pause in a game and check your tactics it'll say shooting 40, crossing 60. Shooting and crossing the wrong way round.

Who do I tag for stuff like this, so they can pretend like they'll fix it at some point?

Just something bear in mind when you're doing your CTs anyway. I've no idea which way round to have them now in terms of which will be correct in game, so I'd better set them both the same. :lol:

Comments

• stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Maybe everyone knows this already but I noticed a glitch in custom tactics last night. In the menu, let's say you set it to crossing 40, shooting 60 - if you then pause in a game and check your tactics it'll say shooting 40, crossing 60. Shooting and crossing the wrong way round.

Who do I tag for stuff like this, so they can pretend like they'll fix it at some point?

Just something bear in mind when you're doing your CTs anyway. I've no idea which way round to have them now in terms of which will be correct in game, so I'd better set them both the same. :lol:

Yup... they've got them the wrong way round on the Squad Screen.
  • Orikoru
    stevvix wrote: »

So in my squad screen, I should put the numbers in the wrong way round to get the correct result in-game?
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

So in my squad screen, I should put the numbers in the wrong way round to get the correct result in-game?

Yes. I have 25 crossing and 70 shooting so I'd think I'd notice... I think!
  • Orikoru

I didn't realise the glitch until I actually paused a game and looked one time, and I was using 30 crossing, 65 shooting I think - so in actual fact I was on 30 shooting, 65 crossing, but never crossing it and shooting a lot. That's probably where I was **** going wrong!
  • dregana08
    3749 posts National Call-Up

I didn't realise the glitch until I actually paused a game and looked one time, and I was using 30 crossing, 65 shooting I think - so in actual fact I was on 30 shooting, 65 crossing, but never crossing it and shooting a lot. That's probably where I was **** going wrong!

I don't understand those settings... what happens when you have high crossing? Players make more runs into the box? What about the shooting?
  • Orikoru
    dregana08 wrote: »

I don't understand those settings... what happens when you have high crossing? Players make more runs into the box? What about the shooting?

If crossing is high, then players will run off you into the box when you have the ball out wide - when you have crossing low, they will run towards the winger instead for the cut back or short pass.

With shooting, it's a similar thing, if it's higher they will try and move into shooting positions, but if it's lower then will just stand square of him for a pass or something.

That's my understanding anyway. From what I've read of other people's understanding.
  • dregana08
    3749 posts National Call-Up

I'm not a reddit user - so thanks for bringing this to my attention!
  • bramveej
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Cmon you had 1 YEAR to optimize the game and you miss EASY **** like this spending millions on developing FIFA 17.. i have the feeling that EA has no clue whatsoever.. It seems that EA is not even capable of removing annoying stuff from FIFA 15/16... appaling really since it is the most played soccer game.. Guess it is developed quite cheap since the changes ingame arent HUGE in comparison to previous FIFA's.
  • RadioShaq
    14796 posts Moderator
    Think its fixed in the patch.