ST Embolo

Zuka_Zama
1488 posts Professional
I'm surprised there's not much talk about what an amazing investment this card is.

1. Position change cards to a Striker/CF/CAM always sell for way more than same-position IF cards.
2. The Striker version has only been in packs like 2 or 3 days so it's going to be alot more rare than a normal TOTW card.
3. It's an early TOTW card still (Week 3)
4. His stats are amazing (aka he's fast and strong). Pairing him up with Auba is going to be ridiculous.

And, no, this isn't a hype thread. Just trying to help out anyone that's looking for a sound investment opportunity. You just have to keep tabs on how he's performing and sell off if he gets a SIF (at Striker). His OTW card will never be a different position other than RM.

Comments

• allLuckNoSkill
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    hes a 160k 81 rated striker... thats why, hes overpriced
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional

Haha. Like overall rating means anything in this game.

Your loss. Shaqiri was similarly rated when he switched positions. Pretty sure he ended up selling for 300k+.
  • allLuckNoSkill
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2016
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »

Haha. Like overall rating means anything in this game.

Your loss. Shaqiri was similarly rated when he switched positions. Pretty sure he ended up selling for 300k+.

Lol if overall means nothing why dont people go and bronze squad it up? are you talking about shaqiri from two years ago when he was on bayern cause i dont recall him getting a striker card last year markets changed buddy

in the meantime good luck with your investment if your hoping for him to rise to 300k i wish you the best lol
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    So then why does a 78 rated Renato Sanches go from under 20k to 60k just because he's out of packs? I mean, he's ONLY 78 rated, right? ;)
  • allLuckNoSkill
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    So then why does a 78 rated Renato Sanches go from under 20k to 60k just because he's out of packs? I mean, he's ONLY 78 rated, right? ;)

because hes one of the most hyped youngsters playing for one of the best teams in the world so people with excess coins just dont care? Embolo is not in the same boat bud... dont get me wrong if you buy him now you probably will make coins its the inform investment method its pretty much a guarentee but to make crazy 100 percent influx youve lost your mind lol, and the reason no one is hyping him up is because hes Embolo lol.

Think about it like this. Ronaldo came out today. Golds will go down. Aubamayeng is like 300k. He will progessively drop probably from now on while also taking a massive hit for this week to make the drop a little faster...

no one is going to spend 180-200k on a card when they could probably get a better version/ more popular version of a striker for 20-30k more. unless you are a schalke fan...
  • Parejo_1611
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I packed him this morning and fel in love with him, if you buy him as an investment, please consider to play with him.
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional

because hes one of the most hyped youngsters playing for one of the best teams in the world so people with excess coins just dont care? Embolo is not in the same boat bud... dont get me wrong if you buy him now you probably will make coins its the inform investment method its pretty much a guarentee but to make crazy 100 percent influx youve lost your mind lol, and the reason no one is hyping him up is because hes Embolo lol.

Think about it like this. Ronaldo came out today. Golds will go down. Aubamayeng is like 300k. He will progessively drop probably from now on while also taking a massive hit for this week to make the drop a little faster...

no one is going to spend 180-200k on a card when they could probably get a better version/ more popular version of a striker for 20-30k more. unless you are a schalke fan...

I'm not expecting a 100% profit. Embolo is young and hyped as well. We'll just have to agree to disagree then. :)
  • El_Catafia
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Picked one up on bid with hunter for about 10k lower than lowest bin, lets see how this goes! Going to use him in my team and list at 200k while im not playing in case he sells
  • Sandell85
    7668 posts League Winner
    you can get Robben and IF Hernandez for cheaper and better option imo
  • El_Catafia
    Already sold hernandez for 20k profit i reckon embolo has more potential to rise
  • some1
    10 posts Ball Boy
    He is really something.. hoped to pick one up cheap during the ST Ronaldo but he only went up.. bit the bullet and bought a fresh one for 180k now. I think he has potential to rise, those 4* make him unique among the likes of Auba or Lewa and his stats speak for themself
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    Already going for 190k after just a couple of hours out of packs. I bought 4 for 160k each. Not bad so far. I expect him to go way higher at this point, though.
  • El_Catafia
    Already sold him for almost 200k
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    El_Catafia wrote: »
    Already sold him for almost 200k

Not so sure that was the best move, but profit is profit i guess. :)

If he's gone up that much in just a matter of hours, who knows where he'll end up at.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    His OTW is surely a much better investment as he's guaranteed more IFs. If he gets another IF at striker the IF will tank while the OTW will just keep rising.
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    edited October 2016
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    His OTW is surely a much better investment as he's guaranteed more IFs. If he gets another IF at striker the IF will tank while the OTW will just keep rising.

Not necessarily since this one is a Striker. That's why this card is actually selling for quite a bit more than the OTW. As far as i know, this is really the only case of that happening. All other OTW cards are going for more than the IF version.

There are plenty of instances from previous FIFA's where the position card switch IF sold for more than someone's SIF or TIF.

Ooop, i mis-read the part about the SIF @ Striker. Yes, that would make the first IF irrelevant. It doesn't really have much bearing on the OTW card still. That card will never see a position switch.
  • Razovar
    2086 posts National Call-Up
    He plays as a lone striker, his next IF will be a striker
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    Razovar wrote: »
    He plays as a lone striker, his next IF will be a striker

Yeah, that's why it's important (as with any IF) to pay attention to what your investments are doing in real life. Definitely want to sell this one up if he's in line for another IF down the road.

As long as he remains a Striker, though, i don't think the OTW card will ever cost more than his IF cards at ST.