The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Sky Bet Championship thread

Comments

• xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    stickey wrote: »
    Wolves going up would be fantastic. A good, honest side which plays decent football.

I hope they don't. their squad is only young and inexperienced and the owner doesn't really invest a lot of money back into the squad.
  • Handy Andy
    5839 posts Big Money Move
    Wolves going up would be fantastic. A good, honest side which plays decent football.

I hope they don't. their squad is only young and inexperienced and the owner doesn't really invest a lot of money back into the squad.
    Tbf a lot of that is to do with the double relegation, their owner couldn't really put a lot of extra money in, especially last year when they had a lot of high earners on their books
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Handy Andy wrote: »

Tbf a lot of that is to do with the double relegation, their owner couldn't really put a lot of extra money in, especially last year when they had a lot of high earners on their books

I mean when they first got relegated. Sold Jarvis and fletcher and didn't really spend that money replacing them I think sako was their biggest purchase at £2.2mill
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    what

• stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Rather Wolves than a club with an owner who owns two other clubs.
  • stickey
    Ash wrote: »
    what
    They're like Burnley v2. Absolutely fantastic side.
  • Handy Andy
    edited April 2015

I mean when they first got relegated. Sold Jarvis and fletcher and didn't really spend that money replacing them I think sako was their biggest purchase at £2.2mill

That is what relegation does mate. The parachute payments are not there to be used on getting new players in, and teams that do that (e.g us) can end up in trouble financially. The fact is when you go down you normally have to sell any high earners to compensate for the loss in revenue. It would have been very difficult to bring in similar quality replacements for the two you mentioned. The money from those two players probably was used to cover the costs of high wages e.g Doyle and o'hara on 75k a week between them

Also, the chairman would not have been encouraged to spend after the absolute shambles of a prem season they had. Instead, they built a team of low cost younger players, and that has worked.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Rather Wolves than a club with an owner who owns two other clubs.

True but I'd rather wolves not go up this season just to get hammered unless the owner does invest a good amount in getting some good players in

• Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    what
    They're like Burnley v2. Absolutely fantastic side.

what
  • stickey
    Destroying this Leeds side now, a Leeds side that has beat Derby, Ipswich, Middlesbrough and Bournemouth this season. :)
  • Dandingooo
    1128 posts Professional
    If Wolves don't go up this season we'll get our best players picked off. Sako would be off to some prem team, Afobe probably too. Now or never. Maybe Morgan would open his cheque book a bit, last time he could blame it on rebuilding the stand has no excuses now
  • Handy Andy
    Destroying this Leeds side now, a Leeds side that has beat Derby, Ipswich, Middlesbrough and Bournemouth this season. :)
    Couldn't beat us though B)
  • stickey
    83358299209e38682d8256fa53c83bf3.png
    you what
  • Handy Andy
    83358299209e38682d8256fa53c83bf3.png
    you what
    Meant wolves mate
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Everyone looking forward to Chesterfield in the Championship next season?
  • Handy Andy
    Lukas stop jinxing teams please
  • stickey
    First Forest and now Wolves, I am a living curse.

Great goal mind.
  • stickey
    Might as well throw these out there considering the run I'm on.

Would love for Middlesbrough, Watford and Derby to go up. Ideally QPR don't go down from the Premier League. Would be great if Burnley went down back to the Championship as well.
  • Handy Andy
    Why don't you like Derby lad?
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Dandingooo wrote: »
    If Wolves don't go up this season we'll get our best players picked off. Sako would be off to some prem team, Afobe probably too. Now or never. Maybe Morgan would open his cheque book a bit, last time he could blame it on rebuilding the stand has no excuses now
    Yeah, Sako will definitely move onto greener pastures, like last time you got relegated.
  • xXBarkleyXx

Nem wrote: »

So Whealan got in all that trouble to do with racist comments and left his role at Wigan just to end up with Malky sacked :joy:
  • stickey
    Don't really dislike them, would just prefer if Wolves went up instead.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Nem wrote: »
    Don't think he managed a home win at all, it's been coming.

• Handy Andy
    Wolves :)
  • stickey
    Love Wolves.
  • Handy Andy
    Everyone looking forward to Chesterfield in the Championship next season?
    of course pal

• Dandingooo
    1128 posts Professional
    Yeah, Sako will definitely move onto greener pastures, like last time you got relegated.

Contracts done at the end of the season. Surprised he stayed in League 1, no one really put in much of a bid but as a free agent he'll be worth the risk for any bottom half side.

Thank god for Dave Edwards
  • xXBarkleyXx

Contracts done at the end of the season. Surprised he stayed in League 1, no one really put in much of a bid but as a free agent he'll be worth the risk for any bottom half side.

Thank god for Dave Edwards

If wolves go up I can see sako signing a new deal. But if they do go up Morgan needs to invest heavy to get the players to keep them up.