New SBC Gareth Barry not worth!

The packs from doing the challenges are not as great imo.
I rather save all the bpl players for potm players

Comments

• bollard80
    1037 posts Professional
    What rating is the gareth barry you get
  • What rating is the gareth barry you get

• Jason1986
    7085 posts Big Money Move
    I'm happy EA are updating the SBC's regularly, but if much rather see less and have them available for a longer time.

I'd like the chance to gain each special card without resorting to buying FP's.
  • PD93
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    40 pace... no thanks
  • Once I saw it go live, went to check market. They are price fixed as usual
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    People underrate the value of gold players packs. They're worth a lot in the sense that they're very helpful towards future sbc's and can hold a good bit of value if you're to pull non rares that are used in current builders.

I've completed it for around 7k in buys, rest was club inventory from previous builders and daily knockout rewards.
  • Jason1986
    People underrate the value of gold players packs. They're worth a lot in the sense that they're very helpful towards future sbc's and can hold a good bit of value if you're to pull non rares that are used in current builders.

I've completed it for around 7k in buys, rest was club inventory from previous builders and daily knockout rewards.

Yeah so buying FP's and opening many packs is beneficial to these SBC's. It's also very beneficial to EA's turnover.

But some of us shouldn't be "priced out" of being able to complete these challenges.
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    edited October 2016
    Jason1986 wrote: »

Yeah so buying FP's and opening many packs is beneficial to these SBC's. It's also very beneficial to EA's turnover.

But some of us shouldn't be "priced out" of being able to complete these challenges.

I've dropped only £10 on FP's, and haven't opened packs from anything other than SBC rewards, pre-order drafts and 2 daily knockout wins. If you're around at 6pm and act fast, they're easy to complete on the cheap. I bought Mccormack, Jedinak and Adomah at 600 coins each max.
  • Azablucky
    4137 posts National Call-Up
    5k for Villa players :lol: Blimey.
  • Drade89
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thatswhy all my mcarthys are insta binned at 2.2k:) 7 sold ^^
  • PD93
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    Sold mccormack and adomah instant for 5k :)
  • axan
    695 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Generally SBCs not worth anymore because of all the price fixers...
  • xCOLLISx
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have a few Villa players I think, used a lot in SBC too though, wasn't really expecting something requiring a lot of Villa players, typically :lol:
  • jamcd
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    axan wrote: »

I'm hoping they keep bringing enough out so that they can't possibly price fix all of them. For example, I fully expect all the prices of the players that match the other SBCs to fall now, as the general public will be more interested in getting players for the new Barry one.
  • indcolts18288
    4536 posts National Call-Up
    Price fixing is terrible. How could EA not see that coming? Wait, dumb question.
  • Sandell85
    7582 posts League Winner
    axan wrote: »

yeah a bit crazy to see how fast them price fixers are ;/
  • Morrissey
    239 posts Sunday League Hero
    Very disappointing to see pricefixers ruining it for everyone else
  • Jason1986
    The price fixing is ruining the fun of the squad builders.

Don't even know what EA could do to prevent people doing it, other than limit how many of one card each person can have. Then that kind of spoils the trading and investing.
  • Sandell85
    7582 posts League Winner
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    The price fixing is ruining the fun of the squad builders.

Don't even know what EA could do to prevent people doing it, other than limit how many of one card each person can have. Then that kind of spoils the trading and investing.

yeah true, but max of 5 should be enough to trade and invest with :)
    But not fun to have a BPL SBC when Sterlings SBC is still live.. BPL prices never going down :/
  • nka99
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    lol just sold richards for 6.7k.
  • CaptainDan-
    1540 posts Play-Off Hero
    Price fixing makes the sbc pointless hope they limit the number of the same cards you can own
  • nka99
    Price fixing makes the sbc pointless hope they limit the number of the same cards you can own

that would kill trading entirely.
  • BrieMine
    5700 posts Big Money Move
    I got nothing in my packs but made about 10k profit in the end from the challenge by just buying lots of players i knew would be needed
  • GeorgeyBoy93
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    nka99 wrote: »

No it actually wouldn't, traders would have to vary their methods as opposed to outright price fixing.
  • Liam
    629 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I managed to get in early. So it cost me about 15-20k to get Barry and the 2 packs, which I will open in a sec.
  • Jason1986
    Could really do with EA handing out the Weekend League packs to help lower the prices! Flood the market.
  • nka99

No it actually wouldn't, traders would have to vary their methods as opposed to outright price fixing.

lets say you could not have more than 5 of each card. what methods would be left other than long term investing?
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional

Mass bidding would absolutely die. Sniping is already harder due to the number of requests being limited, even on console. Investment opportunities would lessen. It's all about not being late to the party on these things,
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something

lets say you could not have more than 5 of each card. what methods would be left other than long term investing?

For example buying shitloads of different players and listing them up for more than you paid. Super simple. Ever heard of NIF trading? Works like charm.

For example I have sold today a handfull of players for 1-3k profit per card. Sold bloody nonrare Djourou for 1.9k. :)
  • DadTbx
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    People do have to understand that, the goal of SBC for EA is to raise the price of lower rated player, right?

Previously, after a couple month into the game, most players (> 95%) costs around 1k. The only time player price raise is when there is a tournament coming up (ex. St Patrick Day).

So when people open packs, the only player they aim at is the top players, which usually (> 99% time) disappoints people.

With SBC, some lower rated player rise in price. So when people open packs, they are not that easily disappointed ( the chance of packing a 5k+ player raised from <1% to <5% lets assume).

When people gets happy opening packs, EA earns money.

So do you really think EA wants the price of certain players to go down?

It's just a game, and you pay for what you get, either cash for EA or your own time to trade.