What the Hell is going on?

stevvix
8968 posts League Winner
Here's a wee story.... I'm in Div 8. Lost one, won one. I lose the next 6 in a row to this kinda thing:

This leaves me with 2 games to get 5 pts to hold the div. My form is rubbish, my morale is low but, somehow, I win the the first 3-1 easily, despite my oppo being all over me. My players were all op.

So... one game to get 3pts to hold the div despite the fact that I'm obviously not Div 8 worthy due to me losing 6 on the trot... and then this happens in that last match:

At 3-0 down my oppo puts his controller down and I really don't blame him as the game is so incredibly sc*ipt*ed and stupid (sorry mods) it's ridiculous.

Questions: Why did I lose 6 in a row badly when I won the Div 9 titles easily?

How can I lose 6 in a row by at least 3 goals each time and then, unbelievably, win the last 2 to hold the div?

And the worse thing is, by engineering this utter [email protected], EA expect me to be satisfied?

Total bollocks!

Comments

• Meezymeez
    842 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So you're annoyed you achieved the 6 points from the last 2 games? Just to be clear.
  • Cahir85
    2491 posts Fans' Favourite
    I can't play this game at peak times the lag and button delay make it pointless. During the day I can win the FUT entry tournie no problem. At night I cant string two passes together.

Different Fifa, same ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Meezymeez wrote: »
    So you're annoyed you achieved the 6 points from the last 2 games? Just to be clear.

Yes.... very annoyed. Can you not see why?
  • JPRM71
    3713 posts National Call-Up
    Cahir85 wrote: »
    I can't play this game at peak times the lag and button delay make it pointless. During the day I can win the FUT entry tournie no problem. At night I cant string two passes together.

I think peak times are abysmal, due to work it's the only time I can get on.
    I've got a week off at the end of this month and I'm sure that'll be my best chance to qualify.
    All the youtubers are saying about the delay, it's just awful.
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move

Are you UK based? What times are you struggling with? Mine seems to be the opposite to yours!

@stevvix I've noticed that goalkeepers seem to have an ability to completely mess up a simple save on occasion. They're just so clumsy! I'm sure I've got a few clips saved already!
  • rapleton
    1385 posts Play-Off Hero
    I keep scoring own goals with m keeper from button delay
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    JPRM71 wrote: »

I've got a week off at the end of this month and I'm sure that'll be my best chance to qualify.

But I always play at the same times every night so why have got this unbelievable "luck" all of a sudden to let me hold that sacred Div 8? It's total BS of the worst kind... I don't mind going back down to Div 9 or 10 if I can get a decent and fair match but this game is sheer lunacy right now... imho :)
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Jason1986 wrote: »

Are you UK based? What times are you struggling with? Mine seems to be the opposite to yours!

@stevvix I've noticed that goalkeepers seem to have an ability to completely mess up a simple save on occasion. They're just so clumsy! I'm sure I've got a few clips saved already!

In my 6 losses in a row I've experienced the most bizarre play from all positions but keepers and def take the biscuit.

My main point is that this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ shouldn't happen. I hold the Div by the game giving it to me for whatever reason EA have programmed that in there. I really don't want that. It's the same as last year but far worse... is this really supposed to add excitement? I just want to play a fair game of footy but EA don't allow that.
  • Mizzle-Shizzle1
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    Played against a team on draft in semi. He had 451 with vardy up top barkley and erikson cams. Then random players throughout to get 80chem. I had a great team, couldn't get out my half barely. For most game, only on counters and managed to grab 3 goals still. But he beat me 4-3 with 3 lucky goals and the best passing I have seen so far, literally every pass around the box whizzed to his man. Then when I tried to break, both his cams ran back like bolt!
  • Cahir85
    Jason1986 wrote: »

@Jason1986 I'm in Ireland. Great gameplay during the day. Different altogether at night when I want to play, it's been the same the last three years.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Played against a team on draft in semi. He had 451 with vardy up top barkley and erikson cams. Then random players throughout to get 80chem. I had a great team, couldn't get out my half barely. For most game, only on counters and managed to grab 3 goals still. But he beat me 4-3 with 3 lucky goals and the best passing I have seen so far, literally every pass around the box whizzed to his man. Then when I tried to break, both his cams ran back like bolt!

Understood, but this is a different thing. I have 2 teams that lose 6 in a row, and just when I need it, they start winning to save my ❤️❤️❤️❤️. It's not natural...
  • Cahir85

Ruins what for me is an excellent Fifa game. Just annoying when your players cant control a five yard pass.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

Ruins what for me is an excellent Fifa game. Just annoying when your players cant control a five yard pass.

But my OP isn't about the lag... it's about biased gameplay and the game being fundamentally unfair/biased/scr!pted/whatever. It's a joke.
  • Cahir85
    stevvix wrote: »

But my OP isn't about the lag... it's about biased gameplay and the game being fundamentally unfair/biased/scr!pted/whatever. It's a joke.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. I was just saying that some of the fundamental issues with the game continue to go unaddressed. Such as lag and what you were talking about.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    stevvix wrote: »

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. I was just saying that some of the fundamental issues with the game continue to go unaddressed. Such as lag and what you were talking about.

Understood... apologies... I'm just so wound up by this. I have no idea what my poor oppo must be feeling. I'm disgusted.

On that happy note, I'm off to bed!
  • jamcd
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2016
    Might be worth going back to my thread that you commented on before and re-read everything I wrote, it pretty much sums up exactly what you are saying here (https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/184492/pissed-off-with-ut-already#latest).

I get the impression that a lot of people on this forum live in blissful ignorance of any kind of factors effecting how well their team plays. There are a lot more videos basically saying and showing the same thing as you on youtube, so you're not the only one.

I know how frustrating it is. The only thing I would say is keep improving your game regardless of results. That way when you do have the upper hand in a game you can make sure you win. Then when it's not on your side, you may still be able to scrape a draw or a win. It is possible, but you have to play a huge amount better than the other player to get anything out of the game at all in that situation. When that happens, you know you are a good player :)