Thought on Squad for new Weekend League?

therealmerk33
1749 posts Play-Off Hero
442 flat
Niang Benzema
El shaarawy Asamoah Iniesta I.Williams
Evra Barzagli Umtiti IF Sergi
Sirigu

Already have the complete right side and benz is untradeable so would like to get good squad built around them and thought serie a to be most balanced to link up and provide support to Iniesta at cm

Comments

• Matt_Cornwall
    3952 posts National Call-Up
    First thought is the midfield is attacking, although Asamoah has HH. Both CM's are also very short.

Personally I wouldn't used Umtiti either because of his HH.

Possibly a more defensive mid like De Rossi.

Haven't used Benz but Niang is very good. Also El Sha has 5* skills his year which I only found out a day or two ago.
  • Olleman
    15193 posts World Class
    Have you tried 442 before? And if so, how is it?:)
  • therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    First thought is the midfield is attacking, although Asamoah has HH. Both CM's are also very short.

Haven't used Benz but Niang is very good. Also El Sha has 5* skills his year which I only found out a day or two ago.

Played 50+ games with OTW Umtiti and have not had issue yet with H/H, actually prefer to have one step up with H/H and Barzagli with L/H to stay back more but could always swap in varane and danilo if that becomes issue, De Rossi may be worth a shot and would open up more options at CB besides straight Juve
    Olleman wrote: »

Have not so will try it out with this, if not working will probably switch to 41212 in game

• Matt_Cornwall
    3952 posts National Call-Up

Played 50+ games with OTW Umtiti and have not had issue yet with H/H, actually prefer to have one step up with H/H and Barzagli with L/H to stay back more but could always swap in varane and danilo if that becomes issue, De Rossi may be worth a shot and would open up more options at CB besides straight Juve

Have not so will try it out with this, if not working will probably switch to 41212 in game

That's fair enough if it's working in your teams. De Rossi's not a bad shout because he gets the perfet link with El Sha meaning you don't even need a Serie A Cb and LB.
  • therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2016

That's fair enough if it's working in your teams. De Rossi's not a bad shout because he gets the perfet link with El Sha meaning you don't even need a Serie A Cb and LB.

Panic Bought it haha, kept the LB and CB cause the new reqs only let 6 from same league I believe so with the current setup I can't be bothered to come up with anything else
  • LeBurr
    454 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2016
    442 flat
    Niang Benzema
    El shaarawy Asamoah Iniesta I.Williams
    Evra Barzagli Umtiti IF Sergi
    Sirigu

Already have the complete right side and benz is untradeable so would like to get good squad built around them and thought serie a to be most balanced to link up and provide support to Iniesta at cm

My main concern would be that midfield. Asamoah is a beast, don't get me wrong, but he's going to struggle to hold down that midfield on his own, all the rest of the midfield don't offer much defensively.

I don't know if you played last weekends league but it was brutal and most people would be on counter attack if 1-0 up, and in no time at all you will find yourself defending a 3 on 3 counter against Sterling, Martial, Rashford every other game.
  • Antiversum
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    Played Niang and Asamoah in my second team. Everyone says the're beast and Asamoah indeed looks like one but they were both underwhelming for me.