Youth Players - To train or not to train?

xSullx
17 posts Ball Boy
Hi,

Since training was introduced from FIFA 16, I've been seeing in the forums, that mostly the Youth Camp players should not be trained. Because then the physcial and mental attributes do not develop.
What is generally the best approach? And should I just keep the players as they are to wait for their attributes to develop? Should I loen them out?

I currently have 3-4 youth players, who had 80-94 potential in Youth Camp and now I've promoted them to the first team showing "Has Potential to be Special". As I understand, this is the highest possible potential showing. Currently after 5-6 months of their promotion from youth camp the overall has only raised by 2-3 points (to OVR 66-68 mostly).

Any way to make sure their potential will raise as quickly as possible?

Comments

• Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    Since I skipped 16 I don't have a clue. But I have trained youths that are already promoted who still grow in their physical stats. Last night I started training a CDM in my academy who is too young to promote. I will update to see what happens when I get round to this.
  • Trained two academy players that had 80-94 potential but like 48 overalls to +10 ovr (58) using gold drills and they still grew physically but definitely not as much as the rest of the academy players grew in physicals that season, they had like +2-4 growths in 3 physical stats each..they were both strikers, one physically strong and one technically gifted
  • Scoot
    Do you think it has something to do with since you are growing other stats more, its taking up the allocations of growth for the physical attributes?
  • xSullx
    17 posts Ball Boy
    I believe this was one of the theories in 16. If you grow the skills, which can be trained you reach the potential of the player more quickly. And then the physical stats don't grow as much, or at all (this was for 16 sometimes).

I'll do some testing myself as well and see how it goes.
  • xSullx
    17 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2016
    Well the Youth Camp goalies are doing well with training. Then again, there's very little selection of training drills to do.
    I have an 18yo with overall of 76 at the moment. 2-3 GK who are younger still being "molded", with potential of 80-94.

Still waiting for some midfield players to develop (potential 80-94). Currently 17yo and overall at around 68-69.
  • FBCgamingvideos
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Training works best when used in conjunction with actual gameplay, even if you bring them on as a sub in the 89th minute they will grow faster than if you just rely on training.

At least that is my experience; it also explains why EA have introduced their new criteria for youth players at certain clubs (I am playing using Ajax so are a great example) that promote youth players to the 1st team as a matter of course, i.e. it is 'critical' that these players play a certain number of games after being signed.
  • Scoot
    So for example, my youth GK's don't normally have high strength rating - should I allow natural growth for this before training?
  • FBCgamingvideos
    Scoot wrote: »
    So for example, my youth GK's don't normally have high strength rating - should I allow natural growth for this before training?

As you train them and play them their strength/stamina etc. will grow naturally.
  • Scoot
    edited October 2016

As you train them and play them their strength/stamina etc. will grow naturally.

I know they grow naturally anyway. My point is if I am training them, am I restricting the growth of strength etc since I'm allocating the growth points to other areas?

If so, should I not train and let the strength attribute (for example) grow enough until I'm satisfied before training?

Hope that makes sense
  • FBCgamingvideos

I know they grow naturally anyway. My point is if I am training them, am I restricting the growth of strength etc since I'm allocating the growth points to other areas?

If so, should I not train and let the strength attribute (for example) grow enough until I'm satisfied before training?

Hope that makes sense

No, your player's strength will grow the more you train your players - like in real life. NOT training will mean your players's strength will stay the same (unless you play them of course).

For best results, play them AND train them, and watch their strength and stamina improve along with their other attributes.
  • Scoot

Hope that makes sense

No, your player's strength will grow the more you train your players - like in real life. NOT training will mean your players's strength will stay the same (unless you play them of course).

For best results, play them AND train them, and watch their strength and stamina improve along with their other attributes.

Cool thanks. Will keep an eye on this as I go.