Why are certain teams' players consistently over/under rated?

iBaIIeR
494 posts Sunday League Hero
For example, Everton and Tottenham (minus Lloris) are usually underrated while teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, and Arsenal are consistently overrated.

Comments

• TacoDaPug
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    History
  • Reus
    23519 posts Club Captain
    Everton were utter crap last season why would they have high ratings
  • WFCBagnall
    79558 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Reus wrote: »
    Everton were utter crap last season why would they have high ratings

giphy.gif

;)
  • NotFromSomerset
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I build and use a Tottenham team every year and dont think they are underrated. This year I think the ratings are bang on, the team plays well together. I will agree with overrated arsenal and man u players though, every year
  • MO11AS7
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Consistency I guess, you can just upgrade a whole team by 10-15 overall can ya
  • Benjog88
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    With the exception of Rooney and Smalling who is overrated in that United team?
  • MO11AS7
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Can I just ask what Arsenal players people believe are over-rated?
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    How are 'Pools players overrated lmao

Coutinho being the exception
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    For the same reason you pick up a national newspaper and it's full of United, Liverpool, etc, even when both are slogging it out in mid-table with Leicester and Tottenham top of the league.

Money.

Sports games, newspapers, TV channels, they'll always favour the clubs with the most supporters because weight of numbers drives sales.

There's less Everton fans in the country, they don't need to be appealed to in the same way Liverpool fans do because there's millions of the latter all round the world.

Sad but true. That's football, it's life.