Why do you not go to the next round when someone DC's/quits?

RealM
5298 posts Big Money Move
So I played against someone the other day in the FUT champions. Before he even kicked off, he quit the game. I didn't advance through to the next round despite getting a win/coins.

Now I have just been in ET 2nd half with the score 0-0, and the guy disconnected. I am still in the same round. I lose contracts and fitness for nothing :(

So why don't you go through?

Comments

• ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    You only get a win and go through if you are in front, it's always been this way.
  • Nate
    2149 posts Fans' Favourite
    I understand why they don't do it I guess, it would encourage those booters to kick people from 0-0 games for free wins.

But it is quite frustrating when your opp gets a red card and they can instantly quit out instead of playing a man down and you don't get anything for it when it was obvious they quit because of that.

I've seen instances of players being on a breakaway 1v1 and the opp DCs befoe they can score as well lol, meaning once again, game doesn't give you anything.
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nate wrote: »
    I understand why they don't do it I guess, it would encourage those booters to kick people from 0-0 games for free wins.

But it is quite frustrating when your opp gets a red card and they can instantly quit out instead of playing a man down and you don't get anything for it when it was obvious they quit because of that.

I've seen instances of players being on a breakaway 1v1 and the opp DCs befoe they can score as well lol, meaning once again, game doesn't give you anything.

Yes it's sad when people do this but whatever the system in place someone will exploit it to win or even just to stop their opponent winning.

• RealM
    5298 posts Big Money Move
    ASH32 wrote: »
    You only get a win and go through if you are in front, it's always been this way.

I actually did not know this. Thanks!