Transfer Budget???

Hi guys, i remember in fifa 16 where you would win prize money for European competition, and the money would go towards your transfer budget esp. in the jan. market and it would help you buy players during that market. In Fifa 17 i won 18Mil. before jan. but then when i went to my transfer budget it wanst there, it appears in my earnings but nothing has gone to the budget???
How are you suppose to compete with the big teams if you dont even get your money towards your budget? anyone else has run into that problem??

Comments

• I also have this issue, is it part of the new game or a bug? Thanks
  • xSullx
    17 posts Ball Boy
    Same here.
    When I ended the season I won the Champions Cup (18mil) and finished 4th in the Premier League (107mil).
    When I checked my budget at the end of the season, it was still about 18mil.

But the interesting thing was, that the wage budget was astronomically big! When I had the Budget set to 50/50 between transfer and wage. I had around 8mil for transfers and 7mil (yes 7 000 000) for wage budget. Even If I set the transfer budget to maximum it was still 17-18mil and the wage of 1% only was a couple of hundred if I'm not mistaken.

It seems all the money either dissappears or goes to the wage budget without any real option to have it altered to the transfer budget.
  • Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2016
    Well winnings does not mean the board puts that straight into your transfer budget... Your budget at the start of the season is your budget for entire season.

They use the winnings you earn to finance other parts of the club. You can see this in the financial section I believe

But I think when a new season begins you are allocated a transfer budget, this should happen again for the Jan transfer window. They could take into account how good/bad you are doing, extra money you have earnt through the first part of the season etc.

Honestly though, I think its unrealistic if you ARE given all the prize money into transfers... at the end of the day you are the manager, not financial manager so you are not in charge of money. So I am glad they made this change personally. Although maybe for example, at beginning of jan, you earnt £20mil etc from europe, the board might put SOME of it to add to your current budget
  • How as a Exeter City am I meant to buy players, develop youth, achieve targets with £2 million in the premier league!!! I can barely get a top scout for that!!!

I'm all for realism but if I've won competitions and finished well in competitions... you can'5 set a player targets that they cannot possibly achieve... I'' going to lose my job because I cannot financially complete or achieve the youth targets...
  • Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2016
    Tornado3k wrote: »
    How as a Exeter City am I meant to buy players, develop youth, achieve targets with £2 million in the premier league!!! I can barely get a top scout for that!!!

I'm all for realism but if I've won competitions and finished well in competitions... you can'5 set a player targets that they cannot possibly achieve... I'' going to lose my job because I cannot financially complete or achieve the youth targets...

There is always a way although you probably won't want to do this but.. sell some of your first team players and invest in youth scouts/players to meet your targets.

Sure you are weakening the team but you are meeting the targets set by the club. You are the manager not the club owner so you have to play slightly differently when playing fifa before. Took me a while to adjust myself and get out of what I usually do in career mode to more aligning myself to meet the targets set by the board.

But yes some of the targets are ridiculous dependant of the club you are. For example I was supposed to earm £12mil profit from youth players within 2 seasons at coventry.. it is do-able but a bit of a stretch.

Edit: Just to add it is not too difficult to find good youth players with 2mil and train them enough to earn you good profits. It means making sacrifices but still achievable
  • amsemp
    12 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hate all this total club management. It's another half baked and poorly thought out 'feature' from EA.

I signed several players on pre-contracts in January and then got promoted to the Championship at the end of the season.

The board give me critical financial objectives of keeping salary growth under 20% and finishing the season with £2.5m in unallocated funds. I'm now in the Championship, I've got a budget of £1.8m and my pre-contract players have joined, pushing salary growth up to 98%. All of these transfers were made within budget, but I'm now being penalised and my rating has gone down to 62 in the red.

I can't spend any of my transfer budget otherwise I'm making it harder to meet the critical financial objective and I apparently can't strengthen my squad otherwise that pushes up salary growth. So all in all, there is no point the board giving me a transfer budget when I can't spend any of it.

Getting so fed up with this game. Every year EA just let us down. It seems if you're not a FUT player, you really are just cast aside.
  • Smushs88
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I have to agree, financial objectives are just broken, I trimmed my squad by not renewing a lot of contracts for players who were deadwood and didn't sell, trimming my wage budget in the process. All good.
    But the new season (High) critical financial budget is unobtainable in my eyes, I'm to make a profit of £17m.

I've calculated that if I were to sell all of my squad I'd make about £22m taking the surplus £5m plus my transfer budget of £4m means I could theoretically sell my whole team and buy a cheap team for under £9m but this is just complete balls and incomprehensible let alone taking in the other factor of only increasing wage budget by less than 15%!! I can't sign anyone as I won't make the £17m profit I'm somehow meant to pull out of nothing.
  • I was playing a career with West ham on professional difficulty,I won the league and all cups and ended with 180mil at the end of the season , I start the new season and it gives me 66 million :/ kind of a huge theft, the board expectations are easy for me to do but so unrelealistic ,it asks in 2 seasons to finish in a top 4 position , West ham could never finish in the top 4 and to be told that this is critical for a new manager with fairly average players against very high skilled teams is stupid , please fix board expectations