THE CROSSING/DIRECT FIFA PLAY APPRECIATION THREAD. BANNED IT'S A WIPEOUT.

Comments

• SJR440
    4455 posts National Call-Up
    Very random but just wondered if anyone had tried this - 5212? Was watching a series by SonageGaming on YouTube and he uses a few targetmen in his team but scores an absolute bundle of crosses.

If anyone wants the video link PM me as I'm just about to come off my lunch break aha.

Just some food for thought though :)
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    2164 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2016
    SJR440 wrote: »
    Very random but just wondered if anyone had tried this - 5212? Was watching a series by SonageGaming on YouTube and he uses a few targetmen in his team but scores an absolute bundle of crosses.

If anyone wants the video link PM me as I'm just about to come off my lunch break aha.

i made a guide on this kind of tactic.

The Anti-Pace method (work the ball up and launch it into the box).

This similar method is based of the playing style above but with target men up top. This puts to use the great LWB/RWB's in the game such as dani alves, ect... Between the 5212 and the 532 its about getting the ball to your wing backs and launching early crosses 20 yards or so from the end line into the box with LB+X.

5212: With this formation the narrow midfield pulls the opponents team inside leaving the wings wide open for your LWB/RWB to run half the pitch to send a cross in. Its a very simple style of this kind of tactic.

8b91b3d75a6437277acb8fe6dac1cb76.png

pros:
    1. Consistent bombardment of crosses
    2. Simple
    3. Doesn't require much passing skill
    4. Lots of space/Easy to run

cons:
    • Uses a lot of stamina for your wing backs
    • 80% of crosses are early crosses (they're either a hit or a miss so i guess it's not a con)

532: With the 532 you're going to be seeing more casual style of football. With the 3 midfield you'll find it much more easier to keep possession. It will require more passing and slower build up play then the 5212 but also bring many more options on the attack. Problem with 532 for most people is they have trouble in the attacking midfield part of the game. But in this play style it eliminates that problem and puts this formation to great use.

(black box is the early cross zone/red box is the general cross zone)
    e83951187a186915889994efee50654b.png
    e19df6e7ee2dd947ceebda8864653f70.png

pros:
    • More attacking options
    • Can be used in the slowest team possible and STILL see success
    • Puts great use to the more tactical LWB/RWB's such as Baines/Lichsteiner
    • More types of crosses rather then just the early cross

cons:
    • With great possession comes great loss of possession. you will see yourself losing the ball slightly more often then the 5212 style
    • Slightly harder to put together crosses
    • Requires slower build up

I REALLY love these 2 kind of tactics and i hope you give them a shot if the main post doesn't help you. :)
  • SJR440
    4455 posts National Call-Up

This similar method is based of the playing style above but with target men up top. This puts to use the great LWB/RWB's in the game such as dani alves, ect... Between the 5212 and the 532 its about getting the ball to your wing backs and launching early crosses 20 yards or so from the end line into the box with LB+X.

5212: With this formation the narrow midfield pulls the opponents team inside leaving the wings wide open for your LWB/RWB to run half the pitch to send a cross in. Its a very simple style of this kind of tactic.

pros:
    2. Simple

cons:
    • 80% of crosses are early crosses (they're either a hit or a miss so i guess it's not a con)

532: With the 532 you're going to be seeing more casual style of football. With the 3 midfield you'll find it much more easier to keep possession. It will require more passing and slower build up play then the 5212 but also bring many more options on the attack. Problem with 532 for most people is they have trouble in the attacking midfield part of the game. But in this play style it eliminates that problem and puts this formation to great use.

pros:
    • More attacking options

cons:
    • With great possession comes great loss of possession. you will see yourself losing the ball slightly more often then the 5212 style

I REALLY love these 2 kind of tactics and i hope you give them a shot if the main post doesn't help you. :)

@KirchhoffTheGod Genuinely didn't realise you'd posted that anywhere man, cheers for putting it here! I noticed that you listed that slower players would work in the 532 formation but do you think they'd also work in the 5212? :)
  • KirchhoffTheGod

pros:
    2. Simple

cons:

pros:
    • More attacking options

cons:

@KirchhoffTheGod Genuinely didn't realise you'd posted that anywhere man, cheers for putting it here! I noticed that you listed that slower players would work in the 532 formation but do you think they'd also work in the 5212? :)

yea i use to play 5212 with fellaini at cam and benteke and carrol up top. no pace what so ever. only the fast as ell wing backs did all the work
  • DSD27
    5712 posts Big Money Move
    Can we all agree that Umtiti socred one goal and made one assist? http://plays.tv/video/5838c06f85d04f839d
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    DSD27 wrote: »
    Can we all agree that Umtiti socred one goal and made one assist? http://plays.tv/video/5838c06f85d04f839d

lol rekt
  • protzbischof
    3354 posts National Call-Up
    Im playing 4-3-3(3) and have the CM (Witsel) on "get into the box for crosses". I wish I could tell my ST the same thing. Any advice what instruction to run on striker? I have stay central and target man, and he isnt making as many runs as my CM..
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    Im playing 4-3-3(3) and have the CM (Witsel) on "get into the box for crosses". I wish I could tell my ST the same thing. Any advice what instruction to run on striker? I have stay central and target man, and he isnt making as many runs as my CM..

Try get in behind
  • protzbischof

Try get in behind

TY will do that now. Im trying Dzyuba IF, anyone tested him?
  • KirchhoffTheGod

Try get in behind

TY will do that now. Im trying Dzyuba IF, anyone tested him?

when i make a crossing team again im getting him no doubt
  • Bigbody12341
    75 posts Park Captain
    I play on assisted crossing . Much better success
  • DSD27
    5712 posts Big Money Move
    I play on assisted crossing . Much better success

with assisted you can't aim to the player you want..
  • jordlfc1993
    426 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lads, the crossing guru is thinking about making a grand return. How's crossing these days? It's been a while.
  • harryburke14
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    crossings atrocious. besides, one of the big crossing fanatics has been murdered in a discriminatory assault by a judas **** of a mod.
  • jordlfc1993
    crossings atrocious. besides, one of the big crossing fanatics has been murdered in a discriminatory assault by a judas **** of a mod.

I've been whipping them in on h2h seasons and found it to be good. Has crossing on UT got worse then? Who got banned this time?
  • harryburke14
    its not as good as it was but still possible but it feels forced. KirchoffTheGod got banned. God rest his soul.
  • jordlfc1993
    its not as good as it was but still possible but it feels forced. KirchoffTheGod got banned. God rest his soul.

What did the good lad do this time?
  • harryburke14

What did the good lad do this time?

rightly pointed out EAs poor priority ranking. I will say no more as I am more than likely already on the hitlist for the judas mod. Guilty by association...
  • protzbischof
    It makes me kind of sad that this thread is dead. Can we bring it back? Where is everyone?
  • harryburke14
    It makes me kind of sad that this thread is dead. Can we bring it back? Where is everyone?

Im still here. I think its awareness...
  • It makes me kind of sad that this thread is dead. Can we bring it back? Where is everyone?

It just doesnt work anymore.
  • protzbischof

It just doesnt work anymore.

I disagree. I am playing 4411 and I am scoring plenty of headers with the right striker. Lately had a lot of success with kamara ( MLS )
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Love getting games started off in this manner :smiley:
  • protzbischof
    juniorcbr wrote: »

I love how he is "standing" in the air. Just pulled the big boi Benteke ouf of my TOTW Pack, hope I can make him work this time. How do you get along with playiers having the "Target Forward" trait? For me they all basically dropped deep and havent been in the box many times..
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    juniorcbr wrote: »

I love how he is "standing" in the air. Just pulled the big boi Benteke ouf of my TOTW Pack, hope I can make him work this time. How do you get along with playiers having the "Target Forward" trait? For me they all basically dropped deep and havent been in the box many times..

I absolutely adore players with the Target Forward trait. IF Džeko and IF Dzyuba are my two of my favorite strikers that I have used in this game. You just need to be able to read their runs in the box and if you do scoring is so simple.
  • jordlfc1993
    I feel like I need to get this style and thread up and running again. I haven't been playing UT for a few months now, but I'm thinking about making a new club, going back to basics and streaming it all on twitch. Who reckons I should do this?
  • gresh1978
    2664 posts Fans' Favourite
    I feel like I need to get this style and thread up and running again. I haven't been playing UT for a few months now, but I'm thinking about making a new club, going back to basics and streaming it all on twitch. Who reckons I should do this?

Be great to see some footage mate.
  • jordlfc1993
    I will probably be streaming tonight sometime.
  • jordlfc1993

Streaming now. Have to build the club up again. I'm going to have to find some bargains as I'm on a budget. I feel like David Moyes right now.
  • Gzapper
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    How was the stream? Put this together after some time off, ready to get back in the crossing game. Haven't added Chem styles yet.

03C830EE-7987-4A0D-A438-365B537686CC_zpsth6til6q.png