THE CROSSING/DIRECT FIFA PLAY APPRECIATION THREAD. BANNED IT'S A WIPEOUT.

Comments

• gresh1978
    2631 posts Fans' Favourite
    i think im putting my coat up

Why what's up?
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    2164 posts Fans' Favourite
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    i think im putting my coat up

Why what's up?

fifa isnt fun anymore. i prob need a break or something. the crossing being terrible doesn't help with it
  • Danz80
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    Danz80 wrote: »
    Hey again everyone, i put together a quick guide to 5ATB crossing playing style (original post: https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/195638/aggressive-counter-attack-football-mega-thread)

The Anti-Pace method (work the ball up and launch it into the box).

This similar method is based of the playing style above but with target men up top. This puts to use the great LWB/RWB's in the game such as dani alves, ect... Between the 5212 and the 532 its about getting the ball to your wing backs and launching early crosses 20 yards or so from the end line into the box with LR+X.

5212: With this formation the narrow midfield pulls the opponents team inside leaving the wings wide open for your LWB/RWB to run half the pitch to send a cross in. Its a very simple style of this kind of tactic.

8b91b3d75a6437277acb8fe6dac1cb76.png

pros:
    1. Consistent bombardment of crosses
    2. Simple
    3. Doesn't require much passing skill
    4. Lots of space/Easy to run

cons:
    • Uses a lot of stamina for your wing backs
    • 80% of crosses are early crosses (they're either a hit or a miss so i guess it's not a con)

532: With the 532 you're going to be seeing more casual style of football. With the 3 midfield you'll find it much more easier to keep possession. It will require more passing and slower build up play then the 5212 but also bring many more options on the attack. Problem with 532 for most people is they have trouble in the attacking midfield part of the game. But in this play style it eliminates that problem and puts this formation to great use.

(black box is the early cross zone/red box is the general cross zone)
    e83951187a186915889994efee50654b.png
    e19df6e7ee2dd947ceebda8864653f70.png

pros:
    • More attacking options
    • Can be used in the slowest team possible and STILL see success
    • Puts great use to the more tactical LWB/RWB's such as Baines/Lichsteiner
    • More types of crosses rather then just the early cross

cons:
    • With great possession comes great loss of possession. you will see yourself losing the ball slightly more often then the 5212 style
    • Slightly harder to put together crosses
    • Requires slower build up

I REALLY love these 2 kind of tactics and i hope you give them a shot if the main post doesn't help you. :)

Hey Man could I incorporate Zlatan into this method/set up?

abssaaaalutely

sweet what kind of team set up u reccomend round him mate?
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    Hey again everyone, i put together a quick guide to 5ATB crossing playing style (original post: https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/195638/aggressive-counter-attack-football-mega-thread)

The Anti-Pace method (work the ball up and launch it into the box).

This similar method is based of the playing style above but with target men up top. This puts to use the great LWB/RWB's in the game such as dani alves, ect... Between the 5212 and the 532 its about getting the ball to your wing backs and launching early crosses 20 yards or so from the end line into the box with LR+X.

5212: With this formation the narrow midfield pulls the opponents team inside leaving the wings wide open for your LWB/RWB to run half the pitch to send a cross in. Its a very simple style of this kind of tactic.

8b91b3d75a6437277acb8fe6dac1cb76.png

pros:
    1. Consistent bombardment of crosses
    2. Simple
    3. Doesn't require much passing skill
    4. Lots of space/Easy to run

cons:
    • Uses a lot of stamina for your wing backs
    • 80% of crosses are early crosses (they're either a hit or a miss so i guess it's not a con)

532: With the 532 you're going to be seeing more casual style of football. With the 3 midfield you'll find it much more easier to keep possession. It will require more passing and slower build up play then the 5212 but also bring many more options on the attack. Problem with 532 for most people is they have trouble in the attacking midfield part of the game. But in this play style it eliminates that problem and puts this formation to great use.

(black box is the early cross zone/red box is the general cross zone)
    e83951187a186915889994efee50654b.png
    e19df6e7ee2dd947ceebda8864653f70.png

pros:
    • More attacking options
    • Can be used in the slowest team possible and STILL see success
    • Puts great use to the more tactical LWB/RWB's such as Baines/Lichsteiner
    • More types of crosses rather then just the early cross

cons:
    • With great possession comes great loss of possession. you will see yourself losing the ball slightly more often then the 5212 style
    • Slightly harder to put together crosses
    • Requires slower build up

I REALLY love these 2 kind of tactics and i hope you give them a shot if the main post doesn't help you. :)

Hey Man could I incorporate Zlatan into this method/set up?

abssaaaalutely

sweet what kind of team set up u reccomend round him mate?

tall players
  • Furrag85
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    Anyone tried IF Terodde?
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    Furrag85 wrote: »
    Anyone tried IF Terodde?

nope
  • protzbischof
    3314 posts National Call-Up
    Immobile SIF is amazing for me. Double tap crosses are working best for him :)
  • DSD27
    5709 posts Big Money Move

and it will work even better for him if don't cross at all :joy:
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    DSD27 wrote: »

and it will work even better for him if don't cross at all :joy:

lol wise words. anyone intersted in a cross abuse club for the new XB1 chat rooms?
  • Yhea crossing is dead, using L2 is the new crossing.
  • gresh1978
    Yhea crossing is dead, using L2 is the new crossing.

Expand?
  • DanCJ
    561 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Why was I an absolute master at the ground cross now it goes a million miles away :s
  • KirchhoffTheGod

Expand?

does he mean shielding/ holding LT/L2 when heading? didnt help me
  • gresh1978

Expand?

does he mean shielding/ holding LT/L2 when heading? didnt help me

I know at one point you could use LT and B but don't think it's relevant to this year's copy.
  • Smoothino84
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Any tips for crossing lads as I play 4231 2 with a target men yet I've only scored one header in around 15 games?
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    Any tips for crossing lads as I play 4231 2 with a target men yet I've only scored one header in around 15 games?

pass around then cross. i use 442 for that but ide just pass around until you get a chance. cross directly parallel to you
  • Smoothino84

pass around then cross. i use 442 for that but ide just pass around until you get a chance. cross directly parallel to you

I do its just I never score from crosses. Is it less effective post patch?
  • KirchhoffTheGod

ever since the first big patch (keep in mind they apply small patches every 3-6 days) crossing has been ****
  • Smoothino84

ever since the first big patch (keep in mind they apply small patches every 3-6 days) crossing has been ****

This probably explains why I never score.
  • KirchhoffTheGod

This probably explains why I never score.

i made a statistic sheet back when i had my crossing team. keep in mind i was crossing to andy carrol MOTM aduriz(best heading ive used) and vieri and bierhoff who are the 2 best heading legends

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/198847/mathematical-statistics-on-heading-201-crosses-6-goals
  • Smoothino84
    I was using mandzukic mate. Got zaza currently and still no joy @DSD27 seems to score constantly with Mandzukic
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    I was using mandzukic mate. Got zaza currently and still no joy @DSD27 seems to score constantly with Mandzukic

honestly i feel the only way to score crosses is a direct parallel cross from the side edge of the 18. in which you do like 1 1/2 bars of power to the striker. ill find a video of someone doing it. its pretty much like this but you can cross from the edge of the box more. ive been doing this before the video was posted the guy just happened to make a vid about it after

• Smoothino84

honestly i feel the only way to score crosses is a direct parallel cross from the side edge of the 18. in which you do like 1 1/2 bars of power to the striker. ill find a video of someone doing it. its pretty much like this but you can cross from the edge of the box more. ive been doing this before the video was posted the guy just happened to make a vid about it after

Thanks mate
  • KirchhoffTheGod

Thanks mate

no problem!
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    while we're at it. quick shout out to 2 gems that have popped up in the past TOTW's no one has yet to mention due to crossing dying a slow painful death

1858bc3680dff6e4e15defc381049772.png
  • Smoothino84
    dyzuba looks great
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    dyzuba looks great

the other guy has some height to him and great overall heading stats. can't wait to make the russian league lounge!
  • Smoothino84
    are you still scoring headers then mate? like i said im crossing every game and have scored maybe 3 headers in 20 games
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    are you still scoring headers then mate? like i said im crossing every game and have scored maybe 3 headers in 20 games

i pace abuse now. its fun for me!
  • gresh1978

i pace abuse now. its fun for me!

Not used my 442 crossing teams for a while, but when I did I noticed my forwards were very slow at getting in to position for the cross. This mainly be my fault as I try to get the crosses in early. They just didn't seem to keep up with the play.

Now using a pace team too, if you can't beat them then join them.