THE CROSSING/DIRECT FIFA PLAY APPRECIATION THREAD. BANNED IT'S A WIPEOUT.

Comments

• KirchhoffTheGod
    2164 posts Fans' Favourite
    yep. especially the one with come out for crosses trait. its so overpowered
  • Gzapper
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    It's not necessarily that crosses/headers got nerfed--the whole physics engine is out of whack.

Just played the Mexican national team with my benteke squad, and got bodied/muscled all over the place. It's laughable when a 5'9" Mexican right back physically dominates Big Ben. Granted, he was a good player, but it can't be that little dudes are are both faster and more nimble, and also able to rag doll my 6'5" strikers.

Side note on crossing: the go down the wing, stop, then cross back into the box with the off foot (right foot for a LW) has been better than the down the line. Seems to be consistent with the "even with the target" type thinking.

Keep doing god's work, gents. Until next time.
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    this is my target man squad , Mandzu is a beast. You might be able to get him for 20k
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    Gzapper wrote: »
    It's not necessarily that crosses/headers got nerfed--the whole physics engine is out of whack.

Just played the Mexican national team with my benteke squad, and got bodied/muscled all over the place. It's laughable when a 5'9" Mexican right back physically dominates Big Ben. Granted, he was a good player, but it can't be that little dudes are are both faster and more nimble, and also able to rag doll my 6'5" strikers.

Side note on crossing: the go down the wing, stop, then cross back into the box with the off foot (right foot for a LW) has been better than the down the line. Seems to be consistent with the "even with the target" type thinking.

Keep doing god's work, gents. Until next time.

OF COURSE KEEP ON CROSSING!
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    MisterJV wrote: »

absolute quality side. i love me big manduzik
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    Well boys. Crossing ain't working for me. Honestly came to the point of 201 crosses and scoring 6 goals. I made a thread about that and everything. I made this team that is currently 23-1-1 (250k)
    90595340f9e4ddc239b900f17a384133.png

even paid so much for positions and chem styles. I was destroying. Brought a little bit of fun but its not what i wanted.

Honestly. I never missed crossing more in my life. Sold this team after. lost money. Played 1 game with my crossing team and lost. But when i scored my first goal i haven't felt happier in days. I stuck to crossing in down times and crossing has always shined light through. its always there for me. and for you.

Crossing is a passion. You live by the cross and die by the cross. Our leader @jordlfc1993 Is taking a well needed break from FIFA that we all need sometimes. It's up us, NOT ME but US to keep this alive. Keep the spirits up boys. Keep sticking crosses in. I miss looking for little **** gems with amazing crossing stats. And you always look forward to the TOTW for that 20k heading GEM of a god who has crazy stats. You always want to try new guys out. Its a life style. Crossing is fun. I'll enjoy it no matter how bad it is or no matter how high of a division i get relegated to. In spirits of our beloved @ImbongofromtheCongo. Lets score 1 for him and keep this **** alive. Do it because you love it. Not because you love FIFA. And as always i love my crossperts here on the thread. Keep on crossing! for imbongo!

#INFORM AL SOMA INCOMING
  • Gzapper
    Physics engine is out of whack again for me after a good couple of days of mice responsive gameplay. Fellaini muscled off a corner by Oscar of all people and gave up a power header to a 5 foot nothing, 150 lb weakling. Came back and scored a beaut of a near post with Benteke to win and make it to div 5.

Finally had to give up on IF Mandzukic though. 8 goals in 28. Ouch. Compared to 35 in 45 for IF Benteke. Keeping the BPL squad--Sissoko has been awesome for me instead of IF Walcott. You cannot stop that man from getting down the wing, he just tosses off defenders and gets to his spot and gets it in there.

So, looking for a new squad. After Mand sells and some other will easily have 75k or so. @KirchhoffTheGod, got any new bright ideas?
  • Gzapper
    Forgot to mention I have an untradeable Leno, so a German defense would be good. Have tah and Bruma, both of whom fit our philosophy also. Tah is going to be incredible in a few years when his physical stats get upgraded.
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    Physics engine is out of whack again for me after a good couple of days of mice responsive gameplay. Fellaini muscled off a corner by Oscar of all people and gave up a power header to a 5 foot nothing, 150 lb weakling. Came back and scored a beaut of a near post with Benteke to win and make it to div 5.

Finally had to give up on IF Mandzukic though. 8 goals in 28. Ouch. Compared to 35 in 45 for IF Benteke. Keeping the BPL squad--Sissoko has been awesome for me instead of IF Walcott. You cannot stop that man from getting down the wing, he just tosses off defenders and gets to his spot and gets it in there.

So, looking for a new squad. After Mand sells and some other will easily have 75k or so. @KirchhoffTheGod, got any new bright ideas?

yea BPL is quality. they perfected tthe tactic for years. micheal antonio on RM is a MUST. but if u want a nerw team just throw in aduriz somewhere. or IF al SOMAAAAAA will be today!
  • Colmmc
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Ive done a formation guide on 352... If anyone wants to look at it and give me some feedback id really appreciate it
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    edited November 2016
  • DerbyRam99
    65 posts Park Captain
    @KirchhoffTheGod interested to see how you get on with Vieri, he was ok for me but not as good as I had hoped. The patch didn't help. Felt Mandzukic was often the better player so sold mine and might buy back when price is lower. Thinking about trying Shearer in the meantime.
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    DerbyRam99 wrote: »
    @KirchhoffTheGod interested to see how you get on with Vieri, he was ok for me but not as good as I had hoped. The patch didn't help. Felt Mandzukic was often the better player so sold mine and might buy back when price is lower. Thinking about trying Shearer in the meantime.

2 goals by half time for me
  • DerbyRam99
    65 posts Park Captain
    headers?
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    headers?

yeeeea
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    headers?

yeeeea

my **** ing aduriz and now vieri win the most headers
  • DerbyRam99
    65 posts Park Captain
    consistency was problem for me...he would be unstoppable some games and crush defenders...other games he would disappear. Might buy him back though if you persuade me after a few more games.
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    consistency was problem for me...he would be unstoppable some games and crush defenders...other games he would disappear. Might buy him back though if you persuade me after a few more games.

cant say much. only used him 1 half before EA dc'd me. beirhoff is very good for me. seems fairly consistent
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    442 or 442(2)
  • DerbyRam99
    65 posts Park Captain
  • DerbyRam99
    65 posts Park Captain
    Anyone had much success with IF Mitrovic? Tried him early on but didn't think he was great. Was maybe going through a bad patch. Tempted to try again and use a Serbian triangle with Kostic and Milinkovic-Savic in support.
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    if u know the keepers going to catch the ball. HOLD B PULL POWER. it should make him punch the ball
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    i know this sounds silly but bierhoff is class on the ball. dribbling running. just solid
  • Gzapper
    Al Soma is absolute class. Hammered home a header from Candreva, and also drew a pen, even though the button lag was horrible and I was getting outmuscled everywhere except up top. Fetfazidis chipped in a surprise header. Dzeko a bit ponderous, but tough to tell completely given the gameplay.

B09ADEFC-91DD-4A44-BDF9-8E939CCA6A83_zpsqjkyh2tp.png
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    Al Soma is absolute class. Hammered home a header from Candreva, and also drew a pen, even though the button lag was horrible and I was getting outmuscled everywhere except up top. Fetfazidis chipped in a surprise header. Dzeko a bit ponderous, but tough to tell completely given the gameplay.

B09ADEFC-91DD-4A44-BDF9-8E939CCA6A83_zpsqjkyh2tp.png

dezeko is meh but al soma is a god. i used the silver with 90 long shot in the saudi league. he gets like 6 chem but whatever. ALSO theres a silver on al somas team with crazy well rounded stats he's just short
  • DerbyRam99
    65 posts Park Captain
    I've been bringing Al Soma on at half time for Benteke....think he has scored in 7 out of 8 halves.
  • gresh1978
    2682 posts Fans' Favourite
    @KirchhoffTheGod What's the best triangle to create to fit Al Soma in?
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    gresh1978 wrote: »

triangle? like RM/CM/ST?

i use little aseri on RM (89 pace 4 star skills and weakfoot)

then i use ayala at CM cus 90 long shot and 88 shot power but al jassim has GREAT stats on a silver if you're looking for that chem!
  • gresh1978
    2682 posts Fans' Favourite
    gresh1978 wrote: »

triangle? like RM/CM/ST?

i use little aseri on RM (89 pace 4 star skills and weakfoot)

then i use ayala at CM cus 90 long shot and 88 shot power but al jassim has GREAT stats on a silver if you're looking for that chem!

I was thinking LM, CM and ST, that way I could use them in a hybrid with Aduriz.