THE CROSSING/DIRECT FIFA PLAY APPRECIATION THREAD. BANNED IT'S A WIPEOUT.

jordlfc1993
426 posts Sunday League Hero
edited December 2016
This is a thread for those who like to play a very physical and direct game which mainly relies on persistent crossing on FIFA. We can discuss and share tactics and teams that are working well or could potentially work well. This is also a thread to post your game clips of you putting nice crosses in or just some nice direct FIFA play. 332cc1v.png

The following is mainly just my opinion and how I operate whilst playing FIFA.

THE CROSSING FORMATIONS

When you want to put in good quality crosses, you ideally want 2 big skyscrapers waiting in the box ready to gobble up your delicious crosses(you can have bungalows, but they need to have high jumping). Therefore, the ideal formations are 352, 4411 and the beautiful 442. The reason I favour 2 striker formations is because crossing becomes easier when you have two big lads in the box to aim for and if you put in a terrible cross it can sometimes find the opposite winger. 2nngwx.jpg

IDEAL PLAYERS

Goalkeepers: This is not the most important position, you can generally use any type of goalkeeper, small or big, but if you are like me and like to intimidate your opponent, go for a big geezer like Fraser Forster.

Fullbacks: This is an important position, if your wingers aren't putting the crosses in, the fullbacks will be instead. Important attributes are crossing, height, pace and strength. I use Christian Fuchs and Michel Antonio because they both have the giant throw in trait, this causes mayhem for the opponent if you have big tall strong skyscrapers in the box.

Central Defenders: Pace is not the key here, instead we look for strength, height, and heading ability. Jumping and good pace is a bonus. I personally like Matip and Big Mert.

Wingers: These are your entertainers and your opponents worst nightmare. Important attributes are crossing, pace, curve and dribbling. Generally you want left footers on the left and right footers on the right unless your right footed left winger has 5 star weak foot and so on. If your winger has 5 star weak foot and good crossing, you can dazzle and confuse your opponent by whipping them in with both feet.

Central Midfielders: These are your warhorses, their job is to destroy your opponent and to basically work their bollocks off. If you go for small players, make sure they have high stamina and tackling. Think Kante and Naingolen. I personally prefer to have players like Matic, Cattermole and Fellaini in the middle of the park. I have one playing box to box and one just sitting in front of my defence breaking up the play and destroying my opponents.

Strikers: Not much needs to be said here, you want big strong strikers based on height, heading ability and strength and jumping. Think Big Sllim, Carroll and Mandzukik. Pace is NOT important. You will not be trying to dribble past your opponent with your strikers, their main job is to hold the ball up, wait for the winger to come along and then wait for the cross to come in. Rinse and repeat. I will now post a suggested team to start with, this is the team I currently use.

2hxwn4n.png

THE IDOLS/ICONS

The following managers have styles that we should try to replicate in FIFA. They all like their teams to put as many crosses in as possible.

v75zxy.jpg
s3pxn9.jpg
5l7y36.png
33azyo6.gif

If you throw enough ****, eventually it will stick. This should be your mentality to crossing on FIFA. Basically just bombard your opponent with crosses, giant throw ins, set pieces etc. Eventually he will cave in to your aerial superiority. Now for some game clips which show best my play style.
vdzj0x.jpg

http://xboxclips.com/jordlfc1993/c73147bf-a148-4a42-8a2f-54d9c5e81e48(who said direct play can't be beautiful)
http://xboxclips.com/jordlfc1993/795bde5c-2a5b-4587-ae08-ffa5b564403e(lovely cross)
http://xboxclips.com/jordlfc1993/d99ae3e0-6775-44e3-a2b4-6eb3c2bd282d (long ball+cross)
http://xboxclips.com/jordlfc1993/0f2f8ce8-4eee-402d-9f69-bf656ade67e2(wingplay+cross)
http://xboxclips.com/jordlfc1993/7dd564b2-d032-4929-8146-9aeb74a6e787(the cross dazzles and confuses the goalkeeper)

http://xboxclips.com/jordlfc1993/81079de0-143f-4271-8a87-0994a3cce2b3(this highlights the importance of getting the ball back into the mixer ASAP)
http://xboxclips.com/jordlfc1993/97de508b-c8a6-4962-9b6c-090b21ffeff6(the benefit of two big skyscrapers in the box)
Post edited by jordlfc1993 on

Comments

• ImbongofromtheCongo
    808 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2016
    Best Goals:
    Quick build up beauty goal
    Cross of Gods
    This is what it's all about!
    Skills to the back post
    Smash it home
    Game saving pump into the box

SgoizbU.jpg
    6JlgE3D.jpg

Road to 1000 goals. Had to switch up clubs. In 14 only took me about 600-650 games to get 1000
    Post edited by ImbongofromtheCongo on
  • jordlfc1993
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd3VC1Vc6BrKSvDIVo8ooDT8C3Q-jgq4YD9WpyuwnQsJceSan_R5uLHmc4

A cracking player. Legend for me on FIFA 14.
  • ImbongofromtheCongo

Dont forget this chap

1VTNoaz.jpg

yes crouch FIFA 14 is by far the best/most OP card in FIFA history
  • jordlfc1993

Dont forget this chap

1VTNoaz.jpg

I do like Arry but we disagree on the fact he likes a big man and a small man up top, think Crouch and Defoe. I like two big lads up top.
  • ImbongofromtheCongo

Dont forget this chap

1VTNoaz.jpg

I do like Arry but we disagree on the fact he likes a big man and a small man up top, think Crouch and Defoe. I like two big lads up top.

cant disagree with the playing style of direct quality football though. although his direct kind of football means hoof knockdown while yours is more like a pump and score
  • ImbongofromtheCongo
    Lets talk chemistry styles because im people want the best heading experience with their players. for me ive noticed strength is the most important part by far because the challenge im facing is getting a header never the less putting it in. so strenth>jump/heading (not sure which of those 2 is most important) and of course all this must be within the limitations of 6 feet and above. I like to say 6'3 and up is the perfect fit for this. but yea strength seems to be important to actually BEAT the defender and get a touch to it. do you think aggression plays a part?
  • ILBOMBA
    1039 posts Professional
    Nice Guide :)

Any instructions to Try it out ?
  • jordlfc1993
    Lets talk chemistry styles because im people want the best heading experience with their players. for me ive noticed strength is the most important part by far because the challenge im facing is getting a header never the less putting it in. so strenth>jump/heading (not sure which of those 2 is most important) and of course all this must be within the limitations of 6 feet and above. I like to say 6'3 and up is the perfect fit for this. but yea strength seems to be important to actually BEAT the defender and get a touch to it. do you think aggression plays a part?

Is your crossing assisted or semi/manual? I use semi and it helps me put in some delicious crosses. It's hard to help with your struggles without seeing you play and how you cross.
  • Boabdust
    4659 posts National Call-Up
    I'm proud to be a member of this thread. :'(
  • strings79
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is there a particular place to cross from as a lot of my crosses seem to get gobbled up by the goalie
  • jordlfc1993
    ILBOMBA wrote: »

Wingers- Stay wide, Balanced Defending and get in behind.
    Fullbacks- Always overlap
    Central Midfielders- One to stay back while attacking and man mark, the other as balanced but to get into the box.
    Strikers- Targetman, stay central, cut passing lanes.

With the interceptions, it's up to you whether you like to press aggressively or sit back and nick it.
  • ILBOMBA
    1039 posts Professional

Central Midfielders- One to stay back while attacking and man mark, the other as balanced but to get into the box.

With the interceptions, it's up to you whether you like to press aggressively or sit back and nick it.

Thx will give it a Try
  • ImbongofromtheCongo

Is your crossing assisted or semi/manual? I use semi and it helps me put in some delicious crosses. It's hard to help with your struggles without seeing you play and how you cross.

we'll have to play ;) yea i use semi. used auto for a year it was terrible

• jordlfc1993
    strings79 wrote: »
    Is there a particular place to cross from as a lot of my crosses seem to get gobbled up by the goalie

This happens a lot, but as I said throw enough **** and eventually it will stick. I like to run down the wing, fake shot a few times with my winger until the defenders and strikers are all in the box, then whip it in with my wingers strongest foot. I find if you just pelt it down the wing and whip it in first time the keeper claims it a lot.
  • jordlfc1993

we'll have to play ;) yea i use semi. used auto for a year it was terrible

I will play you soon if you want.

• ImbongofromtheCongo
    strings79 wrote: »

before you reach the 18 yard line you can hold LB and click X itll send a yummy cross sometimes. if you cut back and go diagonally backwards to the top of the box then cross it can work
  • ImbongofromtheCongo

Thx will give it a Try

with important players like CB's i put them on conservative so they dont just run up out of posistion
  • jordlfc1993
    Does anyone think I should make the best possible crossing team with 1.5m? Or should I just stick with my current team for FUT champions.
  • ImbongofromtheCongo
    Does anyone think I should make the best possible crossing team with 1.5m? Or should I just stick with my current team for FUT champions.

you are the cross man. worse comes to worse your high end players go up in price next week then you make profit.if you have coins sitting around then your dumb to not be doing this. or having a team in general so DO IT
  • jordlfc1993

you are the cross man. worse comes to worse your high end players go up in price next week then you make profit.if you have coins sitting around then your dumb to not be doing this. or having a team in general so DO IT

Looks like the Hoff is being bought.
  • Satch85
    994 posts Professional
    What formations suit this best? I'm guessing the 442 variants
  • ImbongofromtheCongo
    Satch85 wrote: »

442. 4411 if you want to play more technical and still be able to cross
  • ImbongofromtheCongo

442. 4411 if you want to play more technical and still be able to cross

41212 has also always been decent
  • Boabdust
    4659 posts National Call-Up
    Does this team qualify?
    Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=uJPuVsVf4NPqIJwL3MRKja4LEU3eoJQKd69PG52x3Rw%3D&st=2016-10-05T22%3A15%3A04Z&se=2016-10-05T23%3A20%3A04Z&sp=r&__gda__=1475709604_cbaab95cd793b4a549c4eaeb25bb87a0
  • jordlfc1993
    Boabdust wrote: »
    Does this team qualify?
    Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=uJPuVsVf4NPqIJwL3MRKja4LEU3eoJQKd69PG52x3Rw%3D&st=2016-10-05T22%3A15%3A04Z&se=2016-10-05T23%3A20%3A04Z&sp=r&__gda__=1475709604_cbaab95cd793b4a549c4eaeb25bb87a0

That's a cracking side m8. You should be proud of that one. I'd stick that on my bedroom wall I like it that much.
  • ImbongofromtheCongo
    Does this team qualify?

absolute quality. charlie adam have the hood trait?
  • jordlfc1993
    Does this team qualify?

absolute quality. charlie adam have the hood trait?

Look at this lovely set piece from Charlie. http://xboxclips.com/jordlfc1993/60fef5c0-3d14-4767-b96e-c62b720a1642
  • Satch85
    994 posts Professional
    Love this thread lol
  • jordlfc1993
    Love this thread lol

It's only going to get better as FUT progresses.
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    Nice! It's great having it back. It took awhile to get 16 down, now they changed it again. Anything similar to 16?

Any CT suggestions?

Thanks!