How to defend against fut17 passing? Anyone else struggling?

TheBigLebowski
368 posts Sunday League Hero
Nobody misses a pass in this game, I can't understand that

Comments

• Lfcjamie9
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Happening to me to, around edge of box when get passed to opponents feet it's more or less a goal conceded each time yet when I do that they just step out and take ball easily. Can't get the hang of it at all. Was reasonably good at fifa16 to got to devision2 but could never win 1
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1282 posts Professional
    I did a fut champions run for the first time, had a goalscore of 15-1, of course that one goal i let in was in the final and i lost it.

But that being said, i find it easy to defend if you're just patient and have a solid wall back there.

Mine consists of
    Matic
    Rose - Vertonghen - Alderweireld - Walker

They basically snatch up anything, i'm also pretty good at defending so that might help, but still.
  • TheBigLebowski
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    mine is

matuidi
    alex sandro miranda thiago silva sagna

and

krychowiac
    tagliafico marquinhos thiago silva aurier

I think that's good enough, but I still can't defend when the opponent gets near my goal, they pass inside the box easily and never miss. I was in div1 playing full manual on 16 so I'm not so bad, but I don't know what to do, I even changed to semi-assisted on defense and it's the same thing, maybe the problem is me. How do you defend? @NickoSkyhoej

• NickoSkyhoej
    1282 posts Professional
    edited October 2016
    I see, those are indeed very solid as well.

Well it might be because i defend in a very unique way, there's the cover button and whatsoever, i don't even know what button does that, as everything i do while defending i do manually.. pressure, covering and tackling, which might explain why i'm usually good at stopping them from their tiki taka outside the box, because it is very common that it happens to me as well, i just stop it in time mostly.

Although don't think this as i'm perfect at doing it either, i lost that final due to a missed tackle on Aubameyang in the box.

On a last note i've done this type of defending for years now, so it might just take a little getting used to for you.
  • bigpokey24
    4792 posts Big Money Move
    I did a fut champions run for the first time, had a goalscore of 15-1, of course that one goal i let in was in the final and i lost it.

But that being said, i find it easy to defend if you're just patient and have a solid wall back there.

Mine consists of
    Matic

They basically snatch up anything, i'm also pretty good at defending so that might help, but still.

so far when i use spurs in Season, that back 4 stops everything , with dembele and Sissoko in the middle..trying to get the same team in FUT..short on coins so far
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1282 posts Professional
    bigpokey24 wrote: »

Mine consists of
    Matic

so far when i use spurs in Season, that back 4 stops everything , with dembele and Sissoko in the middle..trying to get the same team in FUT..short on coins so far

Well my team looks like this
    Vardy - IF Costa (I'll get him soon!)
    IF Chadli
    Dembele - Kouyate
    Matic
    Lloris

I can easily say i've never felt safer than with this team, it is unbelievably secure defensivly, especially because of having a left and a right footed cb.