3-5-2 This year?

Painter753
8824 posts League Winner
For the people that have used it this year how is it? I haven't played since 14 and I used to use it then. Since defending is so easy this year I figured 3atb might be a better way to play for me as attacking is seeming to be harder than defending. Any help/ insight would be appreciated!

Comments

• kopking89
    913 posts Professional
    352 is great for me so far, wingers get so much space to make runs whilst your central players pass the ball around
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    kopking89 wrote: »
    352 is great for me so far, wingers get so much space to make runs whilst your central players pass the ball around
    Thanks for the input man. Think I'll try it out
  • Sean2On
    1166 posts Professional
    Hated it and 352 has been my favorite form for the past couple years.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4233 posts National Call-Up
    Played against it a handful of times and I'm yet to struggle against it, regularly put 3/4 past anyone using it, probably the easiest formation I've played against if I'm honest. Tempted to try it out myself though, with more defensive wingers.
  • LeBurr
    454 posts Sunday League Hero
    I tried it and struggled defensively (even with elite CBs like Boateng, Bonnuci).

I think it may work this year but you'll need to play around with the custom instructions I think, particularly on the wingers - Could be worth having a H/H LB and RB on the wings at 7 chem to be honest.
    You'll also want some defensive, good passing CDMs like Khedira, Matic and such.
  • I'm playing 352 with mixed success. I'd be keen to hear any instructions that help tweak what seems to be a semi nuked formation.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Yeah I was worried defense would be difficult with it but in this years game it seems like defending is rather easy, I rarely give up more than 1 goal a game the problem is I can never get more than one either lol. The nerf to dribbling is a big learning curve for me
  • Completely agree, I rarely concede but I'm finding scoring somewhat restrictive. I'm playing with Wilson / Gray and feeding with Erikssen, hardly world class which may be why the formation is struggling. They don't seem to make cutting runs even with 'run behind' instructions enabled.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Completely agree, I rarely concede but I'm finding scoring somewhat restrictive. I'm playing with Wilson / Gray and feeding with Erikssen, hardly world class which may be why the formation is struggling. They don't seem to make cutting runs even with 'run behind' instructions enabled.

Yeah I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong I just can't score to save my life. Defending is just too easy, my 87 pace striker will easily be caught up and bullied by a 68 pace CB. Not even to mention tackling/ intercepting is the easiest its ever been
  • Painter753 wrote: »
    Completely agree, I rarely concede but I'm finding scoring somewhat restrictive. I'm playing with Wilson / Gray and feeding with Erikssen, hardly world class which may be why the formation is struggling. They don't seem to make cutting runs even with 'run behind' instructions enabled.

Yeah I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong I just can't score to save my life. Defending is just too easy, my 87 pace striker will easily be caught up and bullied by a 68 pace CB. Not even to mention tackling/ intercepting is the easiest its ever been

Yeah I've struggled against narrow defenders with four beasts. The game
    Is so physical now, perhaps I need to switch to more PHY Strikers...
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Painter753 wrote: »

Yeah I'm about to buy Lewandowski and then hopefully ibra in a little while. Big strong strikers seem to be better than little fast ones for this year
  • SupaNoodle1990
    27637 posts Player of the Year
    I've comfortably beat everyone I've played who used 352, but it was in div 8,9 & 10 and they weren't very good players.
  • I've comfortably beat everyone I've played who used 352, but it was in div 8,9 & 10 and they weren't very good players.

352 once you've nailed defending can be really powerful.
  • Painter753 wrote: »
    Painter753 wrote: »

Yeah I'm about to buy Lewandowski and then hopefully ibra in a little while. Big strong strikers seem to be better than little fast ones for this year

Yeah. Have you seen the tutorials on shielding? Powerful players might actually be good this year.