Contracts - Packs or Removal!

Dizzy Bala
3628 posts National Call-Up
The premise for the post is really simple, its about contracts.

I dont feel like they honestly add anything to the mode apart from eating into your coin purse if you havent got super pack luck, played twenty games a day or acquired them by more nefarious means. No one is sitting playing FIFA thinking 'Hey, the contracts feature is really cool. '

You have already bought the player. His soul is yours. He cant decide because ten games has elapsed. Loan players I can understand it but not ones that you own. If you happen to get disconnected early on, you get next to no coins and it still takes a contract off you so even if your internet didnt give out, you still lose out.

The only way they could really improve the contracts is by adding Contract Packs to the store, so like 12 contracts in a pack for 1500c so you kinda get two for free.

Comments

• Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    People trade them for small profit, they're fine.
  • xxFifaLegendxxx
    1861 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2016
    Contracts are okay imo, they do it to make it a bit more realistic in the sense that you still have to renew your players contract after a while and also to eat away at your coins as you said above, which may make them a bit of extra $$$. However, I can see where you're coming from and it would be nice when opening packs knowing that none of your rares are going to be used up by contracts.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Contracts are dumb. Not because they eat into your coins...that mechanic is fine. It's just the execution is terrible.

Why does a 350 coin nonrare 75 rated player cost the same in contracts to put on the field as Ronaldo or Messi? That's silly. Why do I have to individually apply contract cards to each player? So much time wasted. The whole thing is just clunky and annoying.

If you want to model player wages, make it both simpler and more sensible. Instead of showing how many contracts a player has, show me how many he /costs/ to put in for a game. Make that scale with rating (an 85 costs more than an 80 or 75). Show me how much the current team costs to start a match, and show me how many contracts I have in my current "pile." When I start the game, spend the contracts. Let me spend less time futzing with menus. Automate it.

Contract cards can simply add to your pile. Gold more than silver more than bronze.

You could just get rid of that layer entirely, and make the cost in coins. But make no mistake, they're gonna give you less cards in a pack or more consumables. The price of a gold rare player isn't going down. Still, less time wasted applying consumables is still a win.
  • BYourLord
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Contracts are dumb. Not because they eat into your coins...that mechanic is fine. It's just the execution is terrible.

Why does a 350 coin nonrare 75 rated player cost the same in contracts to put on the field as Ronaldo or Messi? That's silly. Why do I have to individually apply contract cards to each player? So much time wasted. The whole thing is just clunky and annoying.

If you want to model player wages, make it both simpler and more sensible. Instead of showing how many contracts a player has, show me how many he /costs/ to put in for a game. Make that scale with rating (an 85 costs more than an 80 or 75). Show me how much the current team costs to start a match, and show me how many contracts I have in my current "pile." When I start the game, spend the contracts. Let me spend less time futzing with menus. Automate it.

Contract cards can simply add to your pile. Gold more than silver more than bronze.

You could just get rid of that layer entirely, and make the cost in coins. But make no mistake, they're gonna give you less cards in a pack or more consumables. The price of a gold rare player isn't going down. Still, less time wasted applying consumables is still a win.

• Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something

Agree with all this.
  • Martythedoc
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    You all miss the point

It's not about realistic or about you the consumer.

It's about pack filler. The more junk they can put in packs the less chance of good players, same goes for fitness cards,
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    Havent had to buy any this year.. And i dont use any real money on fifa.. Just sbc and fut champions packs.. And i play maybe like 40-50 matches/week, if I play the weekend league
  • Gromit
    3356 posts National Call-Up
    Keep.

However I would like to see Single Matches change so that they

1. Use no contracts
    2. Lose no fitness (ie drain in game but restore to 99 for next game)
    3. But in return get no coin reward to make it fair.

Single matches should be a free mode for fun.
  • xxFifaLegendxxx
    1861 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2016
    Gromit wrote: »
    Keep.

1. Use no contracts

They could make an online friendlies game mode for this and also no win or loss on your record, would be great for casual players or experimenting with teams/players, but of course this would mean changing the name of friendlies season to something else.
  • Gromit
    Keep.

1. Use no contracts

They could make an online friendlies game mode for this and also no win or loss on your record, would be great for casual players or experimenting with teams/players, but of course this would mean changing the name of friendlies season to something else.

Isn't that what single matches are already, Online friendly games?

I'd love to see them change as I explained above, when I make a good team I just want to keep using it not have to change to a second team for fitness. I'm not bothered about coins, records, rewards. I just want to play.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    You all miss the point

It's about pack filler. The more junk they can put in packs the less chance of good players, same goes for fitness cards,

Sure.

But my suggestion keeps that aspect, and merely makes it less of a hassle and more balanced for the player.
  • xxFifaLegendxxx
    1861 posts Play-Off Hero
    Keep.

1. Use no contracts

Isn't that what single matches are already, Online friendly games?

I'd love to see them change as I explained above, when I make a good team I just want to keep using it not have to change to a second team for fitness. I'm not bothered about coins, records, rewards. I just want to play.

Pretty much since you're not playing for any kind of reward, but you still get a win or a loss and such.
  • udbdevo
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Be good if i could combine my 200+ bronze contracts into larger ones...just wasting away in my club cos its not worth the time to apply them for +1 game for golds!!
  • Martythedoc
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    You all miss the point

Sure.

But my suggestion keeps that aspect, and merely makes it less of a hassle and more balanced for the player.

Not saying it's not a good idea,

I read it as a contract pack and removing them from other packs. If I'm mistaken then it would be nice. Luckily this year I'm getting all my contacts from WL packs
  • RandomLhama83
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2016
    its not up for debate. EA decides whats in the game, not us. period
  • Gromit
    joe666 wrote: »

Yes but a lot of changes come from suggestions on here. So EVERYTHING is up for debate...period.
  • KOSTAFI
    1607 posts Play-Off Hero

Yes but a lot of changes come from suggestions on here. So EVERYTHING is up for debate...period.

period is not needed. period.
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    They fill packs.

The frustrating thing is when I have a player that is worth 750 coins and he gets an injury. The injury card if it's foot can cost 900-1200 coins to heal.

Meanwhile I have thousands of normal bronze contracts but it would take me forever to give them to players. It would be nice to somehow speed this up.
  • RandomLhama83
    10090 posts Has That Special Something

lol... goodluck with that.