First thanks so much to Aias87 for this original post of the very frustrating problem I and many other have experienced with this game starting around Fifa13. I am including a link to it so that you can read it. It details all the problems many of us experience making our favorite game unplayable. I will copy some of the article because it is so well written and explains things very well. My goal for this post is to provide a place for all of us who are having these problems. A place where we can be united in our frustrations and hopefully the problem fixed so we can all return to our favorite franchise.https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/62785/the-big-latency-ping-input-problem-thread/p1
Hi guys. Since I've been seeing so much threads popping up in which people claim the experience unexplainable problems with their online game play, I'd thought I try to write some of my thoughts down. For our beloved moderators, this discussion will not be about scripting/handicap/momentum or any other unproven theories. In my humble opinion these concepts are all myths and directly related to a problem I refer to as 'input lag'. This type of lag creates the illusion of the game being against you as the delay in input makes AI and controlled players act extremely unpredictable. My intentions are to steer discussion away from the handicap claims, and to focus our energy on the possible underlying causes of input lag.
Now, as a disclaimer I do not see myself as a fantastic FIFA player, I have won several Div1 titles and was even ranks in the top 2% in the world at times. That being said sometimes I end up playing in Div5; its hard to play with the input lag, very hard as most of you know.
IN GAME EXPERIENCES
- Framedrops. Most well know form of latency issues, stuttering imagery. Strangley this occurs not too often.
- Short passes are too soft. Most likely due to too little button input. This makes possession play really hard.
- Close range finishing doesn't work. Shots can't be aimed at the goalcorners, but go straight at the keeper.
- Players use the 'Stretched first-touch' animation for balls that are 100% placed at their feet.
- AI never intercepts the ball. Even when it practically runs over their feet. They never come to the ball.
- Players fail to accept a pass. Making the ball ricochets towards an opponent. (no animation)
- Players turn extremely slowly. Best example of button lag, players respond too late & feel like glue.
- Timed headers that jump to early or too late. Mostly hard on defending corner kicks.
- Well timed tackles that never obtain possession. They just bump the ball over the side-lines. Completed tackles most always end up with the opposing team recovering the ball without issue while your player falls over himself or AI doesn't react to regain possession.
- Loads and loads of fouls Mostly with players that bump into other opponents (not carrying the ball.) Loads and Loads of injuries usually 1-2/game.
- Player switching becomes really hard. I use both manual and L1 for player switching, which can become random.
- Random passes and shots aren't executed. Instead players keep walking in a straight line.
- Conceding a lot during the final third.
Among others....Players are always outpaced by opponent no matter the situation, won't show replays when you want to see the rediculousness of what just happened, opponent receives tons of corners and always ends up the with possession...and more
My current setup.
Comcast Internet (Cable DL 120 mb/s UL 12 mb/s hardwired. ASUS RT-AC87R router, motorola SB6121 modem,Ports Forwarded, tried DMZ to no avail, UpnP off, Ipv6 disabled, QOS modified, static IP to PS4, NAT2, wired controller)
I am located in Denver, CO.
I have just tested Samsung KS8000 with an input lag of 20ms. This is a great gaming TV but did nothing to solve these problems.
My UO trace is around 78-80ms to EAServers but usually to my ISP its less than 20ms
What have i tried?
Different PS4, different FIFA disc, XboxOne, different ISP, ISP replaced cable lines to house, (I have moved to a new house now), different routers, different modems, different PSN, Different origin ID, Different EA account.
I have been escalated many times with no solutions from EA. I have broken two coffee tables and a couch haha hence my sn.