SO INCONSISTENT

FatZeddd
524 posts Sunday League Hero
It isn't just my connection either. Since release i can count on one hand the amount of smooth games where i felt in control and players and AI did as they should. Majority have been suffering delay, poor AI, deflections back to the other team blah blah all the usual ❤️❤️❤️❤️. I just want consistency like others i feel i win and lose dependent on connection favoring one person and AI...where one performs the other does not. May as well put the control down and watch.. How are people fooled or think its any better or different to 16..or 14,15. Same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ different smell, it just isn't enjoyable but at least would be bearable if i had control over my god damn team...

Comments

• DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    It's the best FIFA in years.
  • Olleman
    14597 posts Has That Special Something
    I have about one 1/4 lag free games and I'm on 100up/100down connection :/ I feel you, but I still realy enjoy the game even tho I find it a lot harder this year!
  • DunB
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    I really have to disagree in this.

FUT 17:
    day 1: you can play actually football, players make their runs and game feels fluently.
    day 2: the same players are walking in mud, just standing there looking at the ball going by. Can't intercept, can't pass, can't controll a single ball.
    day 3: go back to day one.

That's about it. Furthermore the stupid pressuring is actually worse than in '15 and '16 with referees doing absolutely nothing against that. Opponents just banging into your players, referee sees no fault, players got injured (all the time).

I really can't see how anyone can say FIFA 17 is better. I really don't.
  • FatZeddd
    I don't get how any lag and delay seems to affect the AI...

Even a second can be game breaking in a game such as fifa/ football. Trying to clear a ball is a chore..they head it out the opposite way to what you push disregarding timing or body position. Just had a game then giving away a goal due to lag/ delay instead of clearing it he attempted to head it stretching and bundles it in the goal. Since when are players faster than the ball, even using the driven pass? like others have pointed out there aren't just one or two minor issues after more games they pop to the surface...and any poor connections make them much worse as you cannot counter them

One game stats seem to matter, then they dont and your not being allowed to play or feel restricted, then the next you play someone who is poor yet struggle or you may play a decent player but feel everything go your way - just let the players duke it out themselves...no interference and if its lag related provide a platform that is even
  • M98H
    13913 posts Has That Special Something
    Do agree that it's the best FIFA in years, but the game has gone downhill in terms of gameplay since day 1, button lag makes the game unplayable at times
  • Breachyy
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    DunB wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    I really have to disagree in this.

FUT 17:
    day 1: you can play actually football, players make their runs and game feels fluently.
    day 2: the same players are walking in mud, just standing there looking at the ball going by. Can't intercept, can't pass, can't controll a single ball.
    day 3: go back to day one.

That's about it. Furthermore the stupid pressuring is actually worse than in '15 and '16 with referees doing absolutely nothing against that. Opponents just banging into your players, referee sees no fault, players got injured (all the time).

I really can't see how anyone can say FIFA 17 is better. I really don't.

100%
  • FatZeddd
    3 touches before my shots register with Coutinho, Depay and Rashford ran down by Henderson and co all match, my players cant pass, run into each other, always slow, out muscled no matter who...cant finish, don't mark or track AI runs but they are glued to mine, most tackles rebound right back to the opposition, my set tactics don't seem to do a thing and i honestly feel i'm just watching or my controller is fkn broken that's how bad it is..do the people who seriously like this just get the rub of the green/ connections and think the game is great blissfully unaware it has little to do with how good they are..

Whatever is going on at the moment i've had enough, sadly couldn't find an opponent on PES :/
  • DoD_Jester
    27290 posts Player of the Year
    edited October 2016
    Haven't had a jot of lag yet

Edit: seems pretty smooth too, had a couple games where my players seem sluggish but not unplayable
  • FatZeddd

Edit: seems pretty smooth too, had a couple games where my players seem sluggish but not unplayable

Mate i could only hope for that, don't know what it is...its not just lag or my net. I'm getting screwed every which way. Jag a win or draw here and there in my last 10-15 but its a joke how bad it is if i could be ❤️❤️❤️❤️ id video it and post but not worth my time. Sadly i don't see me playing it much longer unless it improves. The balance i'm getting and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is off the charts i literally feel i have less than 50% control of my team and what goes on. I am just really disappointed in the game at the moment barely an ounce of enjoyment
  • It's tiresome. You can't dribble and manoeuvre the way you want. You just have to pass and hope your players are in a good enough position. I play against guys and they seem to be controlling with ease.
  • Jack744
    482 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FatZeddd wrote: »

Mate i could only hope for that, don't know what it is...its not just lag or my net. I'm getting screwed every which way. Jag a win or draw here and there in my last 10-15 but its a joke how bad it is if i could be **** id video it and post but not worth my time. Sadly i don't see me playing it much longer unless it improves. The balance i'm getting and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is off the charts i literally feel i have less than 50% control of my team and what goes on. I am just really disappointed in the game at the moment barely an ounce of enjoyment

Agreed. And when a game goes well/feels smooth/players do what I ask - I just wonder how screwed over the other guy is getting! @CAG_Villain if you're not getting any lag and feeling smooth, I'd wager the guy on the other end is really suffering!
  • FatZeddd
    Jack744 wrote: »
    FatZeddd wrote: »

Mate i could only hope for that, don't know what it is...its not just lag or my net. I'm getting screwed every which way. Jag a win or draw here and there in my last 10-15 but its a joke how bad it is if i could be **** id video it and post but not worth my time. Sadly i don't see me playing it much longer unless it improves. The balance i'm getting and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is off the charts i literally feel i have less than 50% control of my team and what goes on. I am just really disappointed in the game at the moment barely an ounce of enjoyment

Agreed. And when a game goes well/feels smooth/players do what I ask - I just wonder how screwed over the other guy is getting! @CAG_Villain if you're not getting any lag and feeling smooth, I'd wager the guy on the other end is really suffering!

Yep, over the years i cant say too many games (even when i'm winning) have felt too even for both. Of course there is the odd terrible player but game to game the AI and other aspects fluctuate way too. Ended up selling off my more expensive players last night at slightly inflated prices, will build something else and hope for a bit of decent game play later. Like others it is weird how only fifa seems to have these problems, more so than others. You cant keep blaming peoples connections..a lot of the time it is clearly just the game, coding and way it plays. They concentrate on adding typically useless features that become abused instead of improving the actual core game and gameplay
  • Sounds like it is consistent, just consistently bad. I haven't experienced inconsistent, almost 'artificial' lag this year, at least, the button delay is consistent and seems like both guys experience. On last years fifa, my only complaint was that it seemed like I was being given artificial lag that was nothing to do with my connection, like the game itself had imposed some sort of sluggishness on em.
  • FatZeddd
    Sounds like it is consistent, just consistently bad. I haven't experienced inconsistent, almost 'artificial' lag this year, at least, the button delay is consistent and seems like both guys experience. On last years fifa, my only complaint was that it seemed like I was being given artificial lag that was nothing to do with my connection, like the game itself had imposed some sort of sluggishness on em.

Mostly yes. That's it, weirdly enough i remember years ago i used to get less lag when i was using a connection through my USB broadband plugged into my laptop haha as my connection has gotten better the game seems to screw up more. And like you said sometimes there isn't so much lag or delay, just overall sluggish response, concrete boots which somehow also seems to dumb down my AI and alter my players stats..to me that isn't lag but game related as i'm not just dealing with a delay but other game changing behaviour 'in game'
  • SupaNoodle1990
    30419 posts National Team Captain
    It definitely wasn't as fluent tonight, I've been cruising last few days and tonight I struggled, maybe it's just an off night but I wasn't doing anything different, just nothing was working for me.
  • NornIron
    14440 posts Has That Special Something
    MH1203 wrote: »
    Do agree that it's the best FIFA in years, but the game has gone downhill in terms of gameplay since day 1, button lag makes the game unplayable at times

Exactly the EA access was brilliant day 1 was very good but EA keep blaming other people's connections its never anything to do with their servers.
  • FatZeddd
    So jump on tonight to try again, changed the team up a bit got half a game that was 'ok' at least had some response etc was up 2-0 then second half everything slows down and i cant do anything again. Try the cup next and although the connection shows green i'm met with severe slow down, massive feeling of concrete boots and pushing my control stick to the full with no response! like pushing the stick against a brick wall...passing goes everywhere, wrong person, power button doesn't register, tackles rebound back constantly and i lose 3-2 in extra time because although holding the power button for a long throw my keeper throws it short and they bomb one in. This game is impossible to play i may as well have bronzes or just sit and watch the computer play it is the most unresponsive piece of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and i a lose to bad players because i can't do a thing about it while my players and AI stand and watch or scratch their fkn nut sack!

It isn't my connection so what the eff is it...match making, servers?? it is an unplayable joke!