OT looking to buy an original Bob Ross

ImbongofromtheCongo
808 posts An Exciting Prospect
So i'm currently looking to collect some art pieces and id be willing to dish out a good amount on an original Bob Ross but i'm unsure on how to go about doing this. I have contacted the seller of this http://www.ebay.com/sch/juggler6699/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
about authentication and trying to arrange a meetup with a collector i know who id be paying to authenticate this piece. Does anyone have any art experience when it comes to buying in selling art, or what i should do when it comes to this kind of trade. I've only ventured into securities and I've made a decent amount for myself to start collecting. I'm just trying to predict how this will go in the long run 20 years up the road in case of personal financial failure and how much id be able to sell it for or if it will even be worth anything. Only information I was able to receive on auctions were past Bob Ross's selling from anywhere in the 400$-7k. If i do go through with this i'm probably only going to offer up to 6k tops.

Comments

• Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Can't set a price on the works of such artist. Priceless imo
  • ImbongofromtheCongo
    Snipguy wrote: »

he's got a name for himself from the meme. live the meme die the meme. prob will die out slowly but surely but his pieces are rare enough as it is
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something

he's got a name for himself from the meme. live the meme die the meme. prob will die out slowly but surely but his pieces are rare enough as it is

Ngl i've watched his rebroadcasts a few times on twitch, unreal stuff :joy:
  • ImbongofromtheCongo

Ngl i've watched his rebroadcasts a few times on twitch, unreal stuff :joy:

was the best for like first 1/2 weeks. then the guy killed it. if it was an annual thing then the meme could live forever
  • maymanpele
    14520 posts Has That Special Something

You've got it backwards. The reason he is a meme was because he was a popular artist on tv.
  • ImbongofromtheCongo
    maymanpele wrote: »

You've got it backwards. The reason he is a meme was because he was a popular artist on tv.

yea essentially but wouldnt really be how he is if it wasnt for the twitch stream
  • Xmrburnzo
    686 posts An Exciting Prospect