People are really struggling with the new pen system aren't they?

1
Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
:joy:



Comments

  • v4vendetta1978
    2797 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes don't mock it awful lost a semi final by pee rolling 3 pens against the post fml
  • TheMeerkat
    589 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes don't mock it awful lost a semi final by pee rolling 3 pens against the post fml

    Loooooool, Fifa 17 is actually so funny
  • fluffymnuffy
    12518 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes don't mock it awful lost a semi final by pee rolling 3 pens against the post fml

    git gud
  • MR_AMAZiNG
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    Didn't even know those type of saves were possible on FIFA
  • Drade89
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I got a bug every 2 penaltys where my arrow is not showing up? The info is on but not the arrow...
  • Jason1986
    6918 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2016
    I missed two in the same game. Placed just to the left of the keeper both times, not sure my opponent even had to press anything to save them.

    Should really spend some time practicing!

    Edit; just watched the clip in the OP... Hahahahaha :lol: That's amazing!
  • I probably score 1 out of every 3 penalties I get. I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • aladdin
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    lol, i keep getting pens and wasting them. so annoying. not got a clue how to do it as the arrow appears sometimes then doesn't at all other times.
  • Xpglobe
    2216 posts Fans' Favourite
    i still haven't managed to score a pen xD they are indeed freaking hard
  • TitiCamara
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Takes no more than ten minutes to learn the angle and power to top corner them. Misjudge it an odd time and slap the crossbar or put it over but tbh, they're no more difficult than previous games.
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    beautiful!
  • Ishibum
    12156 posts Has That Special Something
    :lol: tremendous
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    Drade89 wrote: »
    I got a bug every 2 penaltys where my arrow is not showing up? The info is on but not the arrow...

    Only had the arrow in skill games
  • Gazza74
    1114 posts Professional
    Whats worse is when trying to save a penalty you dive left/right only for the ball to trickle down the middle.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3252 posts National Call-Up
    I don't see what was wrong with the old usual system of just picking a corner with the power bar and composure metre.

    They are unnecessarily difficult. It shouldn't be easier to score from open play than it is to score a penalty.
  • TheMeerkat
    589 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't see what was wrong with the old usual system of just picking a corner with the power bar and composure metre.

    They are unnecessarily difficult. It shouldn't be easier to score from open play than it is to score a penalty.

  • serefinowitz
    474 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I like them. Just do some practice in the mini games. You'll soon get the hang of it, and it's satisfying to get them right.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    I like them. Just do some practice in the mini games. You'll soon get the hang of it, and it's satisfying to get them right.

    I was the ones who saved it in the video. I'm doing a bit better with them than that guy.

    The new penalty system has meant I've changed my old technique for saving them too. With the old system I never used to dive, just move slightly to one side but stay standing (as people never had the bottle to go right for the corners). Now though, everyone seems to be coping by aiming low on the ground to one side or the other, so I just pick a side and dive low. That has worked a few times already.
  • xCOLLISx
    520 posts Sunday League Hero
    I seem to have a different problem to everyone else with penalties, my power is always fine and I can get height, but the accuracy is always way off and is more threatening to the corner flag or some chap sat in row Z.
  • CAVALLOIBZ
    488 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i m struggling like hell.
    need to git gud & practice in skill game.

    i lost final of tournament missing 3 penalty.
  • Sellish
    8605 posts League Winner
    Penalties are laughable easy when you get a hang of them.

    Hart with a quality save there.
  • Mivanpy10
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've got a system i stick to now and I've not missed for ages even in two pen shootouts but I'm not sharing. Or should I?
  • Jason1986
    6918 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone know if the angle of the run up actually changes anything?
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the angle of the run up actually changes anything?

    Haven't tried it much, but if nothing else it could help fool your opponent into guessing the wrong way. For example, when I used it, I brought my taker across a bit so he was running straight - so as a right-footer you'd expect him to aim left then, but I aimed right, and sure enough, it sent the keeper the wrong way.

    If you move him too far he might take it with his wrong foot though. I dunno. Or an outside of the foot penalty?? Haha.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    I did that twice already :joy:

    First time I thought I didn't pressed the shoot button enough, second time sent to me to penalty practice.

    This happens when you press shoot before starting the run-up. During practice it felt fine but after that I had one penalty which I fired high over the bar.

    Still haven't scored a penalty in 17
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    I did that twice already :joy:

    First time I thought I didn't pressed the shoot button enough, second time sent to me to penalty practice.

    This happens when you press shoot before starting the run-up. During practice it felt fine but after that I had one penalty which I fired high over the bar.

    Still haven't scored a penalty in 17

    I'm doing ok with it, think I've had one or two saved but scored but often than not. Thing is, I was playing two player on my console with a mate and the aiming arrow still came up when I got a pen, so he knew where I was aiming and obviously saved it. I think there might be a way to turn it off, but god knows how you're supposed to aim it accurately if you can't even see that arrow! Minefield.
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    I did that twice already :joy:

    First time I thought I didn't pressed the shoot button enough, second time sent to me to penalty practice.

    This happens when you press shoot before starting the run-up. During practice it felt fine but after that I had one penalty which I fired high over the bar.

    Still haven't scored a penalty in 17

    I'm doing ok with it, think I've had one or two saved but scored but often than not. Thing is, I was playing two player on my console with a mate and the aiming arrow still came up when I got a pen, so he knew where I was aiming and obviously saved it. I think there might be a way to turn it off, but god knows how you're supposed to aim it accurately if you can't even see that arrow! Minefield.

    The arrow is never on for me, maybe I did turn it off somehow, who knows. I've missed most of my pens though so I wouldn't recommend doing it even if I knew how.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    ASH32 wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    I did that twice already :joy:

    First time I thought I didn't pressed the shoot button enough, second time sent to me to penalty practice.

    This happens when you press shoot before starting the run-up. During practice it felt fine but after that I had one penalty which I fired high over the bar.

    Still haven't scored a penalty in 17

    I'm doing ok with it, think I've had one or two saved but scored but often than not. Thing is, I was playing two player on my console with a mate and the aiming arrow still came up when I got a pen, so he knew where I was aiming and obviously saved it. I think there might be a way to turn it off, but god knows how you're supposed to aim it accurately if you can't even see that arrow! Minefield.

    The arrow is never on for me, maybe I did turn it off somehow, who knows. I've missed most of my pens though so I wouldn't recommend doing it even if I knew how.

    Try L3 to get it back on? Or R3? Next time you have a pen obviously. Mine has been on for all my penalties.
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't see what was wrong with the old usual system of just picking a corner with the power bar and composure metre.

    They are unnecessarily difficult. It shouldn't be easier to score from open play than it is to score a penalty.

    While I agree the issue before was that you could go 10 players deep before someone won the game. It was dumb, though I will agree, this is worse.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Orikoru wrote: »
    ASH32 wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    I did that twice already :joy:

    First time I thought I didn't pressed the shoot button enough, second time sent to me to penalty practice.

    This happens when you press shoot before starting the run-up. During practice it felt fine but after that I had one penalty which I fired high over the bar.

    Still haven't scored a penalty in 17

    I'm doing ok with it, think I've had one or two saved but scored but often than not. Thing is, I was playing two player on my console with a mate and the aiming arrow still came up when I got a pen, so he knew where I was aiming and obviously saved it. I think there might be a way to turn it off, but god knows how you're supposed to aim it accurately if you can't even see that arrow! Minefield.

    The arrow is never on for me, maybe I did turn it off somehow, who knows. I've missed most of my pens though so I wouldn't recommend doing it even if I knew how.

    Try L3 to get it back on? Or R3? Next time you have a pen obviously. Mine has been on for all my penalties.

    After saying this, I got a penalty last night and the aiming arrow was suddenly gone. Luckily I scored it but only because their keeper went the wrong way. If he'd have gone the other way he'd have saved it (since I had to aim it low to be safer, like most people seem to do). Anyone know why I suddenly lost the aiming device??
Sign In or Register to comment.