My worst FIFA ever

FIFA Dad
261 posts Sunday League Hero
I have to say after years of playing the game and spending money on packs I will not be anymore, quite clear higher rated players make no difference at all this time. Yes, I can hear some saying they never have if you are excellent at the game they can play with any card.
I am as some of you know an older gamer but the enjoyment is fast disappearing this time, usually it does take time to get used to the new mechanics of the game but this time I fear not. I for one have done spending as I said before and will enjoy other parts of the game like the journey and in my own way just feel disappointed at the this FIFA and consider if I will continue with FIFA next year now.

Sorry if this seems a rant (guess it might well be) but I am sure others feel the same way re game play this time and my Stoichkov and other early legends are up for sale. I will try to master the game as I hate being defeated but little hope of succeeding. Cheers EA for killing my enjoyment

Comments

• Absting159
    8075 posts Moderator
    I'm with you man. I'm really struggling this year; it just seems like defense is so random and finishing is ridiculous.
  • Andybelfast
    11040 posts Has That Special Something
    Struggling too mate I think most on here feel your pain
  • Quinn87
    1898 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think for the first time in many years, higher rated players feel better in game.
  • FIFA Dad wrote: »
    I have to say after years of playing the game and spending money on packs I will not be anymore, quite clear higher rated players make no difference at all this time. Yes, I can hear some saying they never have if you are excellent at the game they can play with any card.
    I am as some of you know an older gamer but the enjoyment is fast disappearing this time, usually it does take time to get used to the new mechanics of the game but this time I fear not. I for one have done spending as I said before and will enjoy other parts of the game like the journey and in my own way just feel disappointed at the this FIFA and consider if I will continue with FIFA next year now.

Sorry if this seems a rant (guess it might well be) but I am sure others feel the same way re game play this time and my Stoichkov and other early legends are up for sale. I will try to master the game as I hate being defeated but little hope of succeeding. Cheers EA for killing my enjoyment

Isn´t that contradictory?

I am pretty sure you will find enough people who say that high rated players this year make more of a difference than ever, it´s like this yevery year one half says "finally they make a difference" and the other half is like "stats don´t mean sh*t this year, you ruined it EA".

Personally I think that it´s all depending on how you wanna play the game. If you only do the OP stuff (like near post finish last year) then stats barely matter as Gorilla showed when playing with a 50 rated bronze team or so. Those broken mechanics work with nearly every player, so you don´t need the best of the best. But if you wanna play beautiful, scoring longshots, skilling and whatever you need better players, because those mechanics aren´t totally broken and OP, so for having success at them you need the stats :)
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Give it some time bud .. If you liked last years there's no way you won't like this after getting used to it.
  • Cadey 5
    14691 posts World Class
    I've loved it so far :) 6 clean sheets in 8 games but I am sure I will come crashing down soon.
  • SurferDude
    1756 posts Fans' Favourite
    Give it time I've just clicked after a run of losses - traded Messi back to the market and picked up bale and Neymar and it's all up hill now
  • mjs4p
    12305 posts Has That Special Something
    Far too many of these threads for there not to be some truth to it. It certainly worries me as someone who hasn't really played any games yet.
  • Hallucination
    97 posts Park Captain
    Cry baby
  • ImbongofromtheCongo
    808 posts An Exciting Prospect
    fifa 16 is the worse. this is close behind
  • Scousekingy221
    603 posts Sunday League Hero
    This could be the year I may be able to do well with a bronze team
  • Absting159
    8075 posts Moderator
    I'm trying to figure out what to spend the grand I waste on this game on this year because it sure as heck won't be Fifa points.

Maybe take an extra vacation? Thanks EA for freeing up some cash for me with this putrid game!
  • Fireknight726
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    fifa 16 is the worse. this is close behind

FIFA 16 was easy to get used to though, i can tell FIFA 17 is going to be harder because i feel the gameplay is more inconsistent
  • Sakyo_
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    Give it some time bud .. If you liked last years there's no way you won't like this after getting used to it.

• Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    3 days
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Far too many of these threads for there not to be some truth to it. It certainly worries me as someone who hasn't really played any games yet.

Having played you a few times last year, I'm pretty sure you'll like it. The way I remember you playing will suit this years game down to the ground. It's definitely not a 100mph like previous years.

Drop me a message when you get on to FUT. I properly enjoyed the friendlies we had last season :)
  • Thomas
    3044 posts National Call-Up
    Yet to try fifa 17, and nothing against you.

But it seems that every year when a new fifa comes out, people rant about how they don't enjoy the game etc, and most of the time is because they can't abuse same flaws as efficient anymore, or something else is op, and they struggle with the change.

And in my experience, high rating means nothing towards a player. It all depends on your playstyle, and how you use the player.

I often ask for suggestion for players that are good, and people suggest decent players that are quite bad for me.

And when I mention players that was great for me, others call me on it, and tell that for them, the player was bad.

Honestly, just try to find a way to play for fun, and don't bother if you win or lose. Otherwise you'll get bored and annoyed of the game, and quit
  • Scousekingy221
    603 posts Sunday League Hero
    My record is like 8-0-9 if i lose I lose I just go to next game any weak links get changed till my squad is sorted
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    Just don't dwell on it too much if you start getting wrapped up too much in W/L and pack weight it will be too stressful.

I am sorry that you don't like it so far OP but I think there is a couple different ways to enjoy FIFA this year that isn't just grinding FUT seasons. Maybe try the Journey and then come back to FUT? Or find a crew and do Clubs? Clubs is pretty fun tbh.
  • FIFA Dad
    Thanks for the feedback apart from one post "cry baby" which I am certainly not! Some on the forum will no doubt having played me let you know I play the game well in the past and do not abuse the system. I like to play football and yes a passing game should work and suit the way I want to play so I will keep trying. Frustration got to me last night for sure, several beatings and coupled with tackles like Rambo not penalised then a soft tackle gets me a card and injures my player did the trick. I will log on soon and see what's left after my flash sale and take some advice re the team building. Any advice re formation would be appreciated but I do prefer 2 strikers. Thank you for the constructive comments.
  • RandomLhama83
    10108 posts Has That Special Something
    dude, the games been out like a week. Its a new game, so you have to learn how to play again. Adjust, to whatever the game demands. I haven't played this game yet, but from what im hearing it sounds like ea finally had enough of the sweatbags and cheese in fut, so I hear they fixed passing and improved it which is a step in the right direction. So do yourself a favor, try out some new formation, adjust your style and keep tryin to new things til you find a winning formua... So forget about 16, that game was trash.. so whoever was good on it means nothing. goodluck
  • MattDaddy V1
    1758 posts Play-Off Hero
    OP I truly feel for you. Every year I splutter & stumble my way through the first weeks. I always moan to myself that the changes have ruined the game. But then something clicks, maybe the formation, a new player or I just get used to the gameplay. Once it clicks there's no going back. It just depends on how long it takes to click. I wasn't going to bother with 17 but the moment they announced that Solskjaer legends card my wife insisted I bought it and traded up for him. Hopefully it all comes good and you can put this whole situation down as a learning curve.
  • FIFA Dad
    Thanks I am just about to try again this morning before going to watch the mighty Clarets v Arsenal ...... :)
  • JIMMY BA11BA65
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    OP, your title kind of sums this whole thing up, just because it is your worst FIFA does not mean it is the worst FIFA. Change it up, if you had a good record last year then that doesnt really mean anything because last year was an absolute mess of a game. I feel for you, but give this some time, the core of the game is there, and is good. If EA manage to do the unthinkable and make a few tweaks without doing anything major this could be the best FIFA in forever.

That said i do love how many people seem to say the game is bad because they cant win using the same old exploits they used the year before. I mean this with absolute sincerity, practically every year the "best players" with the highest win/loss ratios are simply the people who perfect all the exploits. I have an awful record, think i have won 2 more games than i have lost at this point, but that is not because the game is bad at all.

If you need to exploit to win, don't complain when it stops working. If you need to pay to win, don't complain if it stops working. Not aiming that last bit at OP by the way, just a little message to the countless people who still haven't quite got over the fact Ibarbo is no longer an option...
  • BigBadAl696
    1038 posts Professional
    I am probably (no doubt) classed as an older gamer at 37 and have played every FIFA since it began. Over the last few years it has started taking a while to get used to the new mechanics etc of the game and I always end up thinking could this be my last FIFA, not because I think the game is bad or anything like that but maybe I'm getting too long in the tooth to be able to compete with the young whipersnappers about, start thinking my reactions are getting slower, not quick enough in mind etc. But in reality I tend to find it just takes me a bit longer to learn the new way the game moves and the difference in the movement of players and so on. I personally think this year is pretty good and has the potential to be one of the best in years even though I'm still to master it I do like what I see (despite getting battered, at the moment, all time about 7-1).
  • High rated players only work with average players in your team if you make a team full of all high rated players they play awful happens every year
  • ukfrenchie
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    My big problem is that every one i play seems to be on defensive or ultra defensive, possession is proving to be the bane of me especially as come the 70th minute there striker thats sat on the half way line all game is at full fitness and just leaves every one for dead on the counter
  • FLASHFLUSH1
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    I got relegated from div 9 last night

chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

In seriousness though I am pissed that the game changed so much from the trial. The trial had me really excited and since the full release I've managed I think 1 win in 10 games in divs. Just doesn't have the same feel at all.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    I got relegated from div 9 last night

chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

In seriousness though I am pissed that the game changed so much from the trial. The trial had me really excited and since the full release I've managed I think 1 win in 10 games in divs. Just doesn't have the same feel at all.

How could it change? There qas no update.

On wednesday it would have been possible for people with the full game to play vs people with the trial
  • IDARYL
    5778 posts Big Money Move
    Your struggling because skill gap matters in this FIFA, people said FIFA 12 was the best and this is the closest its been apart from the skills. The games not bad and people who say its bad are just bad at the game...