Penalty kick arrow online?

SAMIUL1995
783 posts An Exciting Prospect
I just took a penalty and the directional arrow wasn't on my screen. How do I get it up?

Comments

• Mathew1606
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    press up on the dpad
  • pumavii
    1709 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mathew1606 wrote: »
    press up on the dpad

i did that and it didnt come up
  • Biglij
    79 posts Park Captain
    i lost a draft because the arrow wouldnt show up/ i pressed up on the d pad it just show the instructions on how to run
  • Biglij
    79 posts Park Captain
    2 games later the arrow was there...
  • hayhor1
    13485 posts Has That Special Something
    Biglij wrote: »
    2 games later the arrow was there...

Yeah for me it seems quite random. It seems like when you hit a couple terrible ones the game feels you need help again.
  • Acker
    1099 posts Moderator
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one to notice this
  • Orison
    42718 posts International Superstar
    I think the plan was to never show it online, but they messed that up completely. On PC you can always press UP and let it show the arrow, on XBOX you can never do that and on PS it seems quite random :D

I thought they would definetely hide it for online, so I always deactivated it while learning pens on the demo, you don´t need it once you mastered the pens, so get practicing and not blaming a loss on pens on a missing arrow
  • SAMIUL1995
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've never been great a pens, some how scored that one without a pointer but I feel I need it lol
  • I had the arrow while doing drafts, but once I reached the final, it's gone. Maybe it's their mechanics?
  • InfernaL
    1446 posts Play-Off Hero
    I like this new way of taking penalties, but it is unbelievably hard, I guess it only gets easier with more practice.
  • Hi, how do you turn off the arrow on ps4? Sometimes it's there in multiplayer and i would like to turn it off completely since we already mastered it.
  • AMemi97
    416 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its a known bug
  • Deviladvent
    431 posts Sunday League Hero
    just lust a game toa **** afeter missing a penalty and loosing to a mentaly challenged player **** EA ! FOR **** SAKE
  • bulldogubld
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    they didn't fix this thing with the missing arrow....or maybe it's an "update", to be more realistic??? -pc user-
  • Daarky
    218 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    am i the only one that never saw that arrow online ?
  • druppel
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2016
    Unbelievable that no one from EA reacts to this question.
    For me it was the same: i play an online womencup game. During the 90 minutes my arrow was visible. During penalty shoot out it suddenly wasn't there.
    i lost to someone who won division 1 5 times and last year 78 times. Coincidence?

Btw, i messaged my opponent, and for him the arrow was visible.
    So how come?
    I start to believe it isn't random on my ps4 fifa, but it is there to be part of scripting.

if it's a bug, they would have fixed it. If it's part of the mechanics, they would have explained it.
  • C4rt
    77 posts Park Captain
    Daarky wrote: »
    am i the only one that never saw that arrow online ?

Nope. Same for me
  • wayneyb1980
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    druppel wrote: »
    Unbelievable that no one from EA reacts to this question.
    For me it was the same: i play an online womencup game. During the 90 minutes my arrow was visible. During penalty shoot out it suddenly wasn't there.
    i lost to someone who won division 1 5 times and last year 78 times. Coincidence?

Btw, i messaged my opponent, and for him the arrow was visible.
    So how come?
    I start to believe it isn't random on my ps4 fifa, but it is there to be part of scripting.

if it's a bug, they would have fixed it. If it's part of the mechanics, they would have explained it.

See its this type of garbage that EA need to fix.

No way is it fair that one player has the penalty arrow visible and not for the other player in the same shootout.
  • Susie_Lund
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Have they made a fix to this? anyway to get the bar showing up
  • Huxx
    2925 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've still never seen it. I think I'd find it distracting now.
  • Away Casual
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    Never seen it and would never use it. never missed one this FIFA
  • Springveldt
    4181 posts National Call-Up
    I never get it as the away team but get it about 80% of the time when I'm the home team.
  • Bueller769
    831 posts An Exciting Prospect

See its this type of garbage that EA need to fix.

No way is it fair that one player has the penalty arrow visible and not for the other player in the same shootout.

This.

On or off, don't mind; just needs to be the same for both players.

• To get the arrow to pop up at least on Xbox One you need to turn on the trainer. That works for me while taking the kick. Think it's click on the left or right analog stick. Worked in pro clubs as of Feb 14 2017
  • Deviladvent
    431 posts Sunday League Hero
    hahah yeh beend there forever and they cant fix it hahahaha
  • Winkelmann
    1021 posts Professional
    If I use the arrow, will my opponent see where I am aiming?
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    Winkelmann wrote: »

No
  • Winkelmann
    1021 posts Professional
    sounders3 wrote: »
    Winkelmann wrote: »

No

Holy **** so I missed my penalties for nothing
  • C4rt
    77 posts Park Captain
    Only heard about the arrows in the forum, never saw them in-game :sweat_smile:
    I'm curious, what was your longest shoot-out? Yesterday a played a game that ended 10-9 for me, it was really intense.
  • I have never had the arrow in ultimate team neutral: I'm just lucky my SIF Lukaku has 99 penalties... <3