The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Why are my players chesting it when i try to head the ball?

samthederbyram
1229 posts Professional
Any idea attacking or defending when i power up to chest the ball with the worst touch known to man

Comments

• Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    Bro I know what you mean. It lost me a big game a couple days ago in the 90th and I was seconds away from a major controller spike.
  • Scousekingy221
    603 posts Sunday League Hero
    My defender chested it in box and it fell to there striker and I lost 1-0
  • Quinn87
    1898 posts Fans' Favourite
    It also happens when trying to header the ball back to your keeper.. The players just doesn't react at all
  • Kloral
    3716 posts National Call-Up
    Agree. You mash pass or clear and the defender chests it down.
  • Reus
    23227 posts Club Captain
    Don't think your pressing it early enough
  • Frankenberry
    10215 posts Has That Special Something
    When you hold LT this year, your player attempts to chest control the ball (which is different from previous FIFAs). If you're very used to holding down LT to clear space on headers, try letting it go when you're ready to jump.

Basically, use LT only until you're ready to win the header, then let go of it and hit A/B/X/Y and your player will jump to head it (and not awkwardly jump up and chest it).
  • samthederbyram
    1229 posts Professional
    When you hold LT this year, your player attempts to chest control the ball (which is different from previous FIFAs). If you're very used to holding down LT to clear space on headers, try letting it go when you're ready to jump.

Basically, use LT only until you're ready to win the header, then let go of it and hit A/B/X/Y and your player will jump to head it (and not awkwardly jump up and chest it).

wise advice @Frankenberry will give it a try buddy
  • Frankenberry
    10215 posts Has That Special Something
    Jumping up to chest the ball is a nice adjustment from previous FIFAs. Last year, you could lob it up to Ibra, and if you want to control the ball without passing it off to a teammate (by not pressing any buttons while the ball is in the air), then literally a 5'2" bronze CB could jump over Ibra's shoulders to win the header.
  • Peter69hc
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's the button delay, at least you defender didn't volley it in his own net in the box with nobody around him, just before your centre back tackled your other which cost you a place in the final
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    still does it without LT

just tested on a corner. didnt press anything except shoot.

he chested it down.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    I thought chest control was double maye triple tapping B. Dont know if that is the problem but I havent had the issue that I have noticed
  • BackDaddy
    3281 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2016
    Hey lads I made thread about this the other day... My only solution so far is to quickly tap the b button,(b b b b b b) not sure how is supposed to be timed but at least they attempt a header
  • Face
    5 posts Ball Boy
    Having the same issue! I've heard hold the button down, and tap a bunch of times. Neither is working for me
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1914 posts Play-Off Hero
    Recardo wrote: »
    still does it without LT

just tested on a corner. didnt press anything except shoot.

he chested it down.

yea doesnt matter if i press lt or nor my players still chest the ball unless i tap the button 4 times

• SupaNoodle1990
    26474 posts Player of the Year
    It's all about timing.