FULL MANUAL CONTROLS THE REAL SIMULATION

Farat
48 posts Park Captain
HI MY PS4 ID: GabrielFarat
I played fifa using full manual controls since Fifa 08, and i can say, is the real simulator.
But with assisted controls is a waste.
if you wanna play in Full manual controls in PS4 add my id.
there are also several communities of manual controls inside PSN, just take a look.


Comments

  • Farat
    48 posts Park Captain
    Old however Gold:


    [
  • Farat
    48 posts Park Captain
    [
  • Farat
    48 posts Park Captain

    Icking up on a point which was glossed over in my first blog post but is in itself worthy of review; Manual vs Assisted Controls. Beyond my own opinions on this debate I would love to read some feedback from the WordPress community. This is a subject that I feel quite unnecessarily strongly about.

    I will lay it out nice and early here that I am a manual controls user. I am strongly in favour of anyone that is good at FIFA using manual controls. Being able to tell if someone is an accomplished FIFA player while watching them use assisted controls is another matter entirely, but it is possible. People that use assisted controls still have to have a decent game awareness to be able to play a pass. They must be able to see runs happening and select the type of pass which they want to play and to which player they wish the ball to arrive. Regarding shooting, the assisted controls user must still power the shot and select their corner of the goal. Often there is a decision between power and finesse. The player must make this decision. However beyond this decision-making there is no skill in the execution of the action.

    The closest comparison I can think of to assisted controls is safety wheels on a bike. They are a valuable tool to increase your confidence but when you become competent they are really just limiting you from doing anything drastic. I started using manual controls during FIFA 12. I had become tired of not being able to hang onto the ball for long periods and always being pushed forwards against my will. With video games I am always the same, I need complete control. Any auto-aiming or target assistance I immediately disable. I don’t want to be controlled by a computer I want my actions in the game to be mine, and so this carried to FIFA. Initially when people change to manual controls they get a shock. They will under-power passes and apart from the basic North, South, East and West passes it seems difficult to control the minute changes in direction. Once you get the power of passes correct then direction is the only issue. You eventually learn North-West, South-East, North-East etc. After basic directions you soon find that you have a full 360 degree range of passing control. With this new ability you can control the tempo of the game. Passes do not always have to be in front of players anymore. The players run does not dictate where you pass the ball. Now where you play the ball dictates the movement of the player. You can now play the ball in front of a static defense and wait for an opening instead of being forced to constantly play forwards. Playing an absolutely wonderful through ball over the top of the defense to set your striker loose is now a moment of brilliant execution more than just a decision that you have made. The delicate little flicks and chips also become a point of pride and a moment to savour.

    The most difficult feature to master in manual controls is crossing. It is the one aspect of manual play where initially you are so far off where you imagine you should be that you know there is a long road to improvement. Since the primary control for both the movement of the player and the direction of the ball is the right analog, crossing can be quite complex. Essentially after pressing the button to cross you must adjust the analog to face into the box even if your player is facing parallel to the box. Gamer’s initially find that they just press the cross button and don’t adjust the analog, leaving the ball to loop straight out for a goal kick. However, once you can get control of your crosses it is all the more satisfying to know that you have placed a cross onto your strikers head for a simple header. Being able to whip in a curving cross from a deep position is even more fulfilling still.

    Shooting would be the last area to get used to. On assisted controls people aim their analog far beyond the corner which they mean to aim for, this is classified by the game as a shot into the corner of the goal. Once you put these same people on manual controls they find that their shots are closer to the corner flag than the goal and promptly complain; “the game is bust man! Look at my shots!”. To which the only response I can offer is; “how is the game bust? You are aiming there so that is where the ball is ending up”. Hitting the goal is the first thing that you must try and do, so inevitability there is a lot of shots which go straight at the keeper. Eventually though, you do develop a sense of control and can pick out the corners of the goal, both from close range and from distance. When you do score a goal from 35 yards out though it is a rarity and something to treasure. Shooting from distance even becomes less common when you realise that the error involved is so high.

    Can I see the obvious advantages of assisted controls? Yes. If you were a novice FIFA player who showed little sign of improving, or a casual player, then yes assisted controls is the only way forward. However if you have become a very good player using assisted controls then why not challenge yourself? I understand the appeal of less forced error and quicker reactions. Personally quicker reactions is the only true advantage that I see to assisted controls. Having to charge your manual passes in a high intensity game can become difficult, but at least this puts you in a situation where you have to make decisions as to whether to shorten the length of your passes to overcome the opposition. The game becomes more scrappy, more of a battle. The game seems pure because of a lack of error on automatic controls. In reality playing on manual I probably make over double the amount of passes because I’m not always seeking to cut open a defense.

    To give an example, I very recently played against a friend using assisted controls. For a while he had converted to manual controls on my behest. At first needless to say, but I whooped his ****! He did gradually begin to adapt and improve and really only my superior use of formation and tactics was keeping me ahead of him. Last week he decided to revert to automatic controls. He narrowly won the first two games and left me infuriated. Most of this anger was directed at one statistic after the match. Our possession was nearly even, but I had made 12 tackles and he had made 2. This showed the complete lack of any allowance for error on assisted controls. It was not a case of my team not exerting enough pressure on the ball to force mistakes, it was more a frustrating reality that him tapping the button to pass meant that the ball was auto-guided past defenders from almost any angle. I was forced to tackle more than him just to regain possession. The way which he most commonly regained possession was through misplaced passes. I had managed to hold possession as much as him and had played more passes so the chances of this happening were increased. This must be how the game should be played, not every exchange of possession is down to a tackle, mistakes are made.

    This is essentially what the whole debate comes down to; taking control and human error. I chose to play on manual controls because I wanted control. Whenever a mistake was made I wanted it to be my own responsibility. How you can feel any responsibility for a video game is another debate entirely and a question of ones own mental health. I must not be the only one who is frustrated that the majority won’t take the step-up to manual controls and continue to feel that a 50% control over the game is enough. Beating a defender with a pass should be a skill not a computer calculation. It is often said in football that the team that makes the least mistakes win. If the computer removes the ability to make basic mistakes then that point is almost irrelevant. Anyway this is just what I think, I am open to explanation or argument. I look forward to having this debate once again.


    [https://sceivious.wordpress.com/2013/09/21/manual-vs-assisted-controls-fifa/#comments]
  • Amicus83
    477 posts Sunday League Hero
    That's quite the essay.
  • Trux
    74 posts Park Captain
    I'd love to play manual but I play career mode and a big part of career mode is attributes.
    If I have full control over passing or shooting then my players attributes for those categories are meaningless.
    So whether I am playing with Ronado or a youth player it doesn't matter on his passing or shooting attributes because it's me that has full control on strength and direction.
    That's a game breaker for career mode in my opinion.
  • GoonerSoldier
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Trux wrote: »
    I'd love to play manual but I play career mode and a big part of career mode is attributes.
    If I have full control over passing or shooting then my players attributes for those categories are meaningless.
    So whether I am playing with Ronado or a youth player it doesn't matter on his passing or shooting attributes because it's me that has full control on strength and direction.
    That's a game breaker for career mode in my opinion.

    That's easily debunked. You can say the opposite about playing the game with auto controls. You can ping pong your way around like Barcelona with any team which is unrealistic. Playing on manual only means you have to aim and weigh your pass. All other attributes like balance, first touch, body position, pace, acceleration, shot power, pass power, etc etc... Are taken into consideration. Ask any manual player and he would agree that a good manual player (using Real Madrid vs a good manual player 3 star team) can easily win because of all the other attributes that a 5* team possess.
  • Trux
    74 posts Park Captain
    It's not debunked mate it's a fact.
    A player with 80 rated passing vs a player with 40 rated passing means absolutely nothing if I'm in control of both the pass strength and direction because I'm playing full manual.
    This can be proved by using a junk player and pulling off a defence splitting pass because it's me in control and not the game.

    It takes away the fact that one player is supposed to be able to pass the ball twice as well as the other and is therefore a game breaker if using full manual.
    Attributes mean nothing if you're in full control.
    So in career mode or UT all you need to do is look at a few other key attributes such as pace, balance etc pass speed and direction plus shot speed and shot strength are all user controlled.

    If your saying that attributes are still having an effect, modifying button presses then it wouldn't be full manual would it because the game is applying a modifier.

    Full manual means just that. Therefore attributes mean jack, therefore game broken.


  • Dfmr1983
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Amicus83 wrote: »
    That's quite the essay.

    Dude you're everywhere you're that annoying bug on a perfect sunny afternoon... you're on every thread.. nobody likes you ball boy... no wonder why you suck at fifa... you spend more time on the forum than playing the game... you're a f $_*#& joke.. loser
  • sonofocelot
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Trux wrote: »
    It's not debunked mate it's a fact.
    A player with 80 rated passing vs a player with 40 rated passing means absolutely nothing if I'm in control of both the pass strength and direction because I'm playing full manual.
    This can be proved by using a junk player and pulling off a defence splitting pass because it's me in control and not the game.

    It takes away the fact that one player is supposed to be able to pass the ball twice as well as the other and is therefore a game breaker if using full manual.
    Attributes mean nothing if you're in full control.
    So in career mode or UT all you need to do is look at a few other key attributes such as pace, balance etc pass speed and direction plus shot speed and shot strength are all user controlled.

    If your saying that attributes are still having an effect, modifying button presses then it wouldn't be full manual would it because the game is applying a modifier.

    Full manual means just that. Therefore attributes mean jack, therefore game broken.


    Wrong. Stats do make a difference to how full manual plays, in terms of how quickly a player can shape up for a pass/shot, how balanced they are etc.

  • Trux
    74 posts Park Captain
    I didn't say they don't. Im talking about the strength and direction of a pass or shot. You have wrongly interpreted my posts.
  • Joonlar
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Trux wrote: »
    I'd love to play manual but I play career mode and a big part of career mode is attributes.
    If I have full control over passing or shooting then my players attributes for those categories are meaningless.
    So whether I am playing with Ronado or a youth player it doesn't matter on his passing or shooting attributes because it's me that has full control on strength and direction.
    That's a game breaker for career mode in my opinion.

    You have full 360 degree control of your movement/dribbling also. Why is that not gamebreaking too?
  • Trux
    74 posts Park Captain
    I didn't say it wasn't.
  • Joonlar
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Trux wrote: »
    I didn't say it wasn't.

    Well you said you play career mode so invariably you don't consider it gamebreaking

    So would you prefer to not have full 360 control over movement?

  • Trux
    74 posts Park Captain
    Yeah I play CM assisted and this is imo the best football game ever created.
    I would like to play manual but as attributes play a huge part of CM and it's a game breaker to play manual.
    A 40 rated passer is the same as an 80 rated passer if using full manual.

    Strength and direction of pass is completely user controlled if using full manual. Anyone saying otherwise is contradicting there own argument but saying they play full manual.

    The same for shooting.
    Pace, balance, physical strength etc still come into effect of course but the direction and strength of the pass or shot is user controlled.

    If I scout a player in CM I would look at passing or shooting attributes along with all the other attributes of course but if I were to use full manual a players passing and shooting attributes mean jack.
    Attributes are what give each player there individuality and going full manual dilutes this.
    It's a shame as I'd like to play with the freedom that manual gives me. But attributes play such a big part in CM and I can't get passed this.
  • Turf_Knights2016
    597 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2016
    Farat wrote: »

    Thread title - FULL MANUAL CONTROLS THE REAL SIMULATION

    Its not a Simulation nor is it eSports!

    EA FIFA Series is just an Arcade game and should be marketed that way.

    I explain more here:-

    Now I also have my controller settings playing with full manual control. I use "Full Manual Control" game-pad settings with "Auto Switch On" for better gameplay and realism from a PC standpoint!

    I'M NOT A XBOXY USER but the game is still an Arcade game not a Simulation of the "FIFA SPORT" its not by far even a eSport!

    Most of us do want a True Simulation of EA FIFA Series and eSport Events but the work is not in the programming its all predetermined movement in code its actually just "Cheat Code"!

    Also I have asked for this:- http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/176529/a-comprehensive-ea-games-fifa-football-soccer-manual-pdf-request-proposal#latest

    Not even a hint of discussion, nor a reply, not even a post, just nothing!








  • HaksiPirlo
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dfmr1983 wrote: »
    Amicus83 wrote: »
    That's quite the essay.

    Dude you're everywhere you're that annoying bug on a perfect sunny afternoon... you're on every thread.. nobody likes you ball boy... no wonder why you suck at fifa... you spend more time on the forum than playing the game... you're a f $_*#& joke.. loser

    LoooooooooooooooooolL
  • Auslo17
    1341 posts Professional
    Trux wrote: »
    Yeah I play CM assisted and this is imo the best football game ever created.
    I would like to play manual but as attributes play a huge part of CM and it's a game breaker to play manual.
    A 40 rated passer is the same as an 80 rated passer if using full manual.

    Strength and direction of pass is completely user controlled if using full manual. Anyone saying otherwise is contradicting there own argument but saying they play full manual.

    The same for shooting.
    Pace, balance, physical strength etc still come into effect of course but the direction and strength of the pass or shot is user controlled.

    If I scout a player in CM I would look at passing or shooting attributes along with all the other attributes of course but if I were to use full manual a players passing and shooting attributes mean jack.
    Attributes are what give each player there individuality and going full manual dilutes this.
    It's a shame as I'd like to play with the freedom that manual gives me. But attributes play such a big part in CM and I can't get passed this.

    So what you're really saying is you'd be a 40 rated passer without assisted ;)
  • Krazy21608
    218 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This thread is hilarious!! First the OP says he has played with manual controls since '08 in his first post. Then in his rant about how it is unfair that everyone does not use manual controls ( that and how good he is to play with manual controls is what I took from it) he states that he has been using manual since '12.

    If you put controls on manual it doesn't take away from the stats. A 90 rated passer will hit great passes whereas a 40 rated will not. You control where it goes and power but not whether the player can make the pass or not.

    Then this guy gets on here saying he wants it to be a simulation. Please nobody wants to spend and hour and a half playing a game to a 0-0 draw. With how much I am able to play I would only be able to play one game a night if it was simulation.

    I understand this is a forum and you are supposed to express your ideas. But come on guys you are talking just to talk. :)
  • GoonerSoldier
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The only reason the Fifa series has gone downhill is because of Tactical Defending. Which was sold to the fans as being "Manual" defending. It BROKE the game. Year after year they tried to fix it, patch after patch after patch. From Fifa 12 all the way down to this game. The balance has been wrong since Fifa 12 and the introduction of TD. The only way TD works is if the game is set to FULL MANUAL.

    I have been hitting up these forums since Fifa 12 to open up eyes but most players wanted the attacking game easy. I can't remember exactly which Fifa it was but there was one where the midfield did not even exist because of TD. I myself did not play full manual until Fifa 12. I thought it was difficult and overrated. The fact of the matter is TD opened up my eyes to the stupidity from EA. They forced TD on us without proper testing. And now the series has gone downhill and PES has been crowned king once again. Well at least in the gameplay department where it counts the most.

    All I'm saying is the balance of the game and the only way it plays the right way is when tactical defending (MANUAL defending) is played with tactical attacking (MANUAL attacking).
  • sonofocelot
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Krazy21608 wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious!! First the OP says he has played with manual controls since '08 in his first post. Then in his rant about how it is unfair that everyone does not use manual controls ( that and how good he is to play with manual controls is what I took from it) he states that he has been using manual since '12.

    If you put controls on manual it doesn't take away from the stats. A 90 rated passer will hit great passes whereas a 40 rated will not. You control where it goes and power but not whether the player can make the pass or not.

    Then this guy gets on here saying he wants it to be a simulation. Please nobody wants to spend and hour and a half playing a game to a 0-0 draw. With how much I am able to play I would only be able to play one game a night if it was simulation.

    I understand this is a forum and you are supposed to express your ideas. But come on guys you are talking just to talk. :)

    Don't say "no-one" because I would LOVE that to be an option.

  • nn92
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Me too !!!
  • Trux
    74 posts Park Captain
    Krazy21608 wrote: »
    If you put controls on manual it doesn't take away from the stats. A 90 rated passer will hit great passes whereas a 40 rated will not. You control where it goes and power but not whether the player can make the pass or not

    That's a huge contradiction. Of course it affects the attributes.
    On the one hand you say it's the user that controls the strength and direction of the pass and on the other you say it's the attributes deciding whether the pass is made or not.
    It's either manual or not, you can't have both because that would be assisted.



  • Farat
    48 posts Park Captain
    Even EA FIFA producer Gilliard Lopes plays in full manual:

    [
  • Joonlar
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Trux wrote: »
    Yeah I play CM assisted and this is imo the best football game ever created.
    I would like to play manual but as attributes play a huge part of CM and it's a game breaker to play manual.
    A 40 rated passer is the same as an 80 rated passer if using full manual.

    Strength and direction of pass is completely user controlled if using full manual. Anyone saying otherwise is contradicting there own argument but saying they play full manual.

    The same for shooting.
    Pace, balance, physical strength etc still come into effect of course but the direction and strength of the pass or shot is user controlled.

    If I scout a player in CM I would look at passing or shooting attributes along with all the other attributes of course but if I were to use full manual a players passing and shooting attributes mean jack.
    Attributes are what give each player there individuality and going full manual dilutes this.
    It's a shame as I'd like to play with the freedom that manual gives me. But attributes play such a big part in CM and I can't get passed this.

    You completely ignored the point I was making about 360 control over movement (not passing or shooting).
  • Trux
    74 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2016
    That's right, yes. Yes I did.
  • What about UT .. I hope EA add manual filter for it.
    I like to play with my build up team .. I do not like to face RM in every match in season mode.
  • Farat
    48 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2016
    Alza3eeeem wrote: »
    What about UT .. I hope EA add manual filter for it.
    I like to play with my build up team .. I do not like to face RM in every match in season mode.

    i don't play UT because the filter too :neutral:
    Post edited by Farat on
  • For what it's worth @Farat I 100% agree that Full Manual is the only way to go.

    Even better on Slow with slider tweaks: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1DnLkVpBqPuygiuyJKa9k7FT-9Jhb3NM4nFHklQ95tew/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false#gid=0

    20 minute halves and pretty close to a simulation. Grinding out a 0-0 draw is part of the sport. I'll add you on PS4 - where do you live?
Sign In or Register to comment.