How to unlock Driven Free Kick and other traits for your Virtual Pro

I SiR MartY I
5199 posts Big Money Move
Jonagravy found this yesterday, so I recorded some Xbox Clips (explains the poor quality :D ) and put them together to help show you how to unlock Driven Free Kick, Outside of the foot trait and all the other traits you SHOULD have for Fifa 17.

If you don't want to watch the video and listen to my horrible accent :D

Customize
Delete
Delete Online Pro
Reboot
Re-create Pro
Done.

Comments

• AriGold
    12 posts Ball Boy
    Thanks mate, its working!
  • I SiR MartY I
    AriGold wrote: »
    Thanks mate, its working!

No worries, glad I could help.
  • Will you have to rejoin club your in?
  • does this reset all the skill points earned from b4?
  • the old traits don't show up to be purchased with skill point do we just have them now?
  • I SiR MartY I
    Will you have to rejoin club your in?

Nah.
    aheeah wrote: »
    does this reset all the skill points earned from b4?

No, but you have to rebuy the Fifa 17 traits again as it de-selects all them and gives you your points back.
    GiJose wrote: »
    the old traits don't show up to be purchased with skill point do we just have them now?

Watch the video and you'll see the traits and how to find them.
  • Rdb
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2016

And does it work on ps4?
    Post edited by Rdb on
  • Rdb
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tried and yes confirmed for ps4
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nice stuff. Does this also help with the bug that you dont see the edited face of your pro? :o
  • I SiR MartY I
    nixdrauf wrote: »
    Nice stuff. Does this also help with the bug that you dont see the edited face of your pro? :o

I think it does as my pro looked different when I used him after doing this.
  • nixdrauf
    so you didnt edit you pro much? because i can see a big difference between the generic face you start with from scratch and the one i have edited (not talking about teint & hair) ... and in the game and in the arena, only the generic is shown
  • I SiR MartY I
    so you didnt edit you pro much? because i can see a big difference between the generic face you start with from scratch and the one i have edited (not talking about teint & hair) ... and in the game and in the arena, only the generic is shown

I never edit my pro's face, default face, change hair, remove facial hair then add accessories. Been that way since Fifa 10. Sorry.

But when I played a proper game after doing the steps in the video, he did look slightly different. Maybe its all in my head :D
  • jonagravy
    68 posts Park Captain

That's a known glitch for fifa 17 as your inmatch face is default even if you edited it ea will fix this in the future.
  • nixdrauf
    edited October 2016
    this stuff works like a charme

just the face bug is still there

well, the traits stuff also was a bug or glitch .. so ..

any idea about the face bug? maybe also can be solved by cleaning up some settings, because 3 guys that dont have the problem told me, they uninstalled the demo before installing the game ... i could imagine this is just some data adressing problem probably caused by some temporary data overwriting or something like this ... as not all have it, this should be not too hard to find out what´s the difference
    Post edited by nixdrauf on
  • The Game
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 2016
    Is it 100% safe that you don´t lose your progress (I´m not talking abou skill points but the actual player stats) if you follow this procedure ?

Before I installed FIFA 17 on my PS4 I already had the Demo & FIFA 16 uninstalled btw...
  • I SiR MartY I
    The Game wrote: »
    Is it 100% safe that you don´t lose your progress (I´m not talking abou skill points but the actual player stats) if you follow this procedure ?

Before I installed FIFA 17 on my PS4 I already had the Demo & FIFA 16 uninstalled btw...

Yes. Watch the video. You see I create my pro again and I'm an 86 overall RF straight away.
  • The Game
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 2016
    Yes. Watch the video. You see I create my pro again and I'm an 86 overall RF straight away.

OK, many thanks SiR MartY !

• D4L3
    12 posts Ball Boy
    Anyone confirm this works for PC ?
  • nixdrauf
    yeah i did this on pc, works .. did a backup of the mydocuments folder (fifa17) before ... but was ok anyway
  • CocoKof
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    What a fanboy! "Love EA" i see how you rank up your VP in Pro Rank matches eh?

Thanks for the video. :)
  • AIeks
    4965 posts National Call-Up
    Can anyone confirm if this includes the fancy passes trait? The flair trait in-game is not working properly.
  • I SiR MartY I
    CocoKof wrote: »
    What a fanboy! "Love EA" i see how you rank up your VP in Pro Rank matches eh?

Thanks for the video. :)

First time I've gone into a drop in match in about 9 months :D
  • I SiR MartY I
    MaTaDoRz wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if this includes the fancy passes trait? The flair trait in-game is not working properly.

Unfortunately, its bugged. Even with Flair and doing the steps in the video, Pros can't fancy pass.

AI players can but a 90+ rated player can't...
  • AIeks

Unfortunately, its bugged. Even with Flair and doing the steps in the video, Pros can't fancy pass.

Surely they'll patch it right? Just tell me what I wanna hear, lie to me!

• I SiR MartY I

Surely they'll patch it right? Just tell me what I wanna hear, lie to me!

I don't know but I assume it has to be somewhere on EA's to do list. It can't be left like this. I'm struggling without being able to flick the ball.
  • MaximSVK
    70 posts Park Captain
    Guys, how does the power/driven FK work for you?

For me it is reduced to a mere low driven shot no matter how much power I put into it. This is very disappointing for me because I used to score a lot of power FKs in previous FIFAs. This was my speciality and now it looks like it's gone :neutral:
  • AIeks
    Anyone tried removing the flair trait from 17, double check that you've got fancy passes on 16 and then re-download your pro? Maybe they won't work together.

I just deleted and re-created my pro, and sure enough, no backheels, I'd try the aforementioned, but haven't got 16 installed anymore.
  • sharmaz
    231 posts Sunday League Hero
    scripting doesnt exist