Legendary is too easy.

Comments

• KBS_Blades
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Definitely broken. Today I played one of the worst games I've ever played.

I came up against Watford in the FA Cup final. I expected it to be a tough game since it was a cup final and Watford had a great team (Juanfran, Layún, Tielemans, Kane to name few).

Straight from kick off Watford had an excellent chance which hit the crossbar. Following this it was impossible to win the ball of them thanks to brilliant passing. This was exactly the kind of game I wanted.

Oh, how things change! In the 6th minute I won a throw in and launched it into the box. It was met by my striker who headed me 1–0 up. After 15 in game minutes I was 3–0 up.

The game ended 6–1 to me, Watford's goal coming from a penalty. What was most frustrating was the fact that whenever they had the ball I couldn't get it off them, but they never did anything with the ball when they had it. Not really the kind of football I want to play.
  • Cooler08
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2016
    Ohma wrote: »
    We can only hope that EA has noticed this large thread, and plan to do something about this problem in FIFA 18. If they throw FUT in the trash can, and focused solely on creating the ultimate fotball experience, we would have a simulation (no arcade) with realistic AI. The problem with that approach is that they will lose 90 % of their fans, who rather play pokemon (aka FUT) and score goals from 40 yards with Neymar. I blame the customers more than I blame EA. 99 % of the customers play with assisted controls and on semi-pro.

But the AI wasn't realistic even before FUT became a big thing. So im not convinced it would be even if FUT wasn't EA's focus.
  • Momalpas123
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    KBS_Blades wrote: »
    Definitely broken. Today I played one of the worst games I've ever played.

I came up against Watford in the FA Cup final. I expected it to be a tough game since it was a cup final and Watford had a great team (Juanfran, Layún, Tielemans, Kane to name few).

Straight from kick off Watford had an excellent chance which hit the crossbar. Following this it was impossible to win the ball of them thanks to brilliant passing. This was exactly the kind of game I wanted.

Oh, how things change! In the 6th minute I won a throw in and launched it into the box. It was met by my striker who headed me 1–0 up. After 15 in game minutes I was 3–0 up.

The game ended 6–1 to me, Watford's goal coming from a penalty. What was most frustrating was the fact that whenever they had the ball I couldn't get it off them, but they never did anything with the ball when they had it. Not really the kind of football I want to play.

Believe me it's not worth your time. Playing fm17 right now, miles **** better with an actual challenge.
  • I've just recently got fifa, and this is my first fifa since 13 back on my old 360 and I think I'm having the same problem.

Started off my career mode on world class 6 minute halves and was actually struggling a little, losing out of frustration or having very low scoring games, which I'm putting more down to lack of practice.

Eventually tweaked a few things so that I'm playing on legendary and changed a few sliders which are the same for both myself and cpu meaning no one should be at an advantage. I now I feel like im dominating most games, only conceding due to dodgy bounces off my own player gifting the other team chances, which is rare. I thought it was the team I was playing at first just being terrible but it turns out its every team that is this terrible.

I don't really play manual but have done in the past for a pro clubs team so have some experience with it and know it is quite enjoyable, but I don't see that helping me as defending will still be very easy, and i'd only expect more 0-0's if I was to try manual.

Really though this is quite poor I was hoping for more from cpu especially considering I haven't played fifa in such a long time. I'm going to have to tweak some sliders in cpu favour me thinks. :neutral:
  • KBS_Blades
    Narm34 wrote: »
    I've just recently got fifa, and this is my first fifa since 13 back on my old 360 and I think I'm having the same problem.

Started off my career mode on world class 6 minute halves and was actually struggling a little, losing out of frustration or having very low scoring games, which I'm putting more down to lack of practice.

Eventually tweaked a few things so that I'm playing on legendary and changed a few sliders which are the same for both myself and cpu meaning no one should be at an advantage. I now I feel like im dominating most games, only conceding due to dodgy bounces off my own player gifting the other team chances, which is rare. I thought it was the team I was playing at first just being terrible but it turns out its every team that is this terrible.

I don't really play manual but have done in the past for a pro clubs team so have some experience with it and know it is quite enjoyable, but I don't see that helping me as defending will still be very easy, and i'd only expect more 0-0's if I was to try manual.

Really though this is quite poor I was hoping for more from cpu especially considering I haven't played fifa in such a long time. I'm going to have to tweak some sliders in cpu favour me thinks. :neutral:

I think world class is the worst for low scoring games, so I would recommend changing the difficulty.

• ProJoe
    50 posts Park Captain
    I've been messing about with sliders to make legendary more challenging. I thought I had it almost perfect, losing games 2-0 3-0, while drawing and winning plenty, but it gets very boring quite quickly because the AI just lacks spark no matter what you do with sliders. The rubberband effect I suppose.

As I've said many times on this thread, the AI on FUT is perfect, they play with sharpness and intensity which makes it a real challenge. EA just need to transfer those levels to career mode, can't be that hard to do!
  • I am a real nerd on Career Mode, everything HAS to be realistic, I only make realistic transfers (Of realistic budgets or players linked with that team IRL), I heavily rely on youth players, etc.

But it's just too damn easy. In my first season, I won the La Liga title with Las Palmas after only making 2 transfers, plus we had the best defence in the league by a mile. The main thing that bugs me, is when you play Barcelona for example. Pique tackles you inside his penalty area.....and he just SMASHES it out for a throw in everytime, like 9 times per game, they never even try to attack, just tackle > Smash aimlessly clear > Get attacked again. Its stupid. Top of the BPL table after 9 games with Sunderland now...
  • I also find it waaaay to easy on Legendary. I understand that playing with more manual settings or tweaking the sliders makes it harder for me to score goals. However. Nothing affects the AI to score more. Really hope there will be a fix for this soon.

Just played as Leeds and won the Championship (after simulating a lot to even it out). Same goes for the PL now, winning every game I play, have to simulate to lose at least a couple of games and conceed some goals. Top rated player is like 75. Also attempted a Milan career, take them back to the old days, and there is literally no challenge at all.

If you find it too hard, you have like 5 difficulty levels below to choose from. I'd rather have a challenge on World Class than none on Legendary. It's not supposed to be for everyone. It's so supposed to be a challenge for the absolute best players.
  • DVNO
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Please fix this! It's so annoying!
  • awesomeSam7
    52 posts Park Captain
    Not for me. Different players have different styles. Edit the settings.
  • Crow
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I play with a 352 formation and found it a struggle before the last patch/update but after I seem to winning more with the same settings, same players same everything.
    For the players that find it too easy you can adjust the sliders more for the CPU and less for you. Even if you make your players run slower and the CPU run faster you will have a better game. Try picking out a team from the lower divisions or a team from a foreign league you have never heard of, loads of ways of making the game a little more entertaining if you want to. But if I find the game was just too easy for me I would cash it in and get something else, try PES. I had it and the gameplay to me was fantastic I only got rid of it as it didn't have the in depth Career Mode I was looking for. Can I ask though is World Class harder than Legendary?
  • I've deciced to go back to Fifa 16. For me, it's much more funny. To be honest, i don't think that "problem" will be fixed.
  • Ohma
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Realistic and challenging fotball CPU´s has proven to be one of the most difficult things to achieve for game developers. You can create crushing difficulties on almost every game, except fotball, it seems. In some way, I understand because there are so many parameters to take into account. Every time I make a decision on the pitch, the CPU players have to make a coordinated attempt to stop me from scoring. And when I get past one defender, it´s an easy road to the goal. But at the same time, it is unacceptable that legendary is like playing on amateur. They need to put more resources to develop the CPU into something that is challenging, even for the best players. Legendary should be really really hard.
  • Cooler08
    Ohma wrote: »
    Realistic and challenging fotball CPU´s has proven to be one of the most difficult things to achieve for game developers. You can create crushing difficulties on almost every game, except fotball, it seems. In some way, I understand because there are so many parameters to take into account. Every time I make a decision on the pitch, the CPU players have to make a coordinated attempt to stop me from scoring. And when I get past one defender, it´s an easy road to the goal. But at the same time, it is unacceptable that legendary is like playing on amateur. They need to put more resources to develop the CPU into something that is challenging, even for the best players. Legendary should be really really hard.

It maybe difficult to achieve, but has there been a real effort from developers to create great football AI? Neither Fifa or PES has cut the mustard this gen and produced a great game. Fifa still uses rubberband AI to make the game more competitive. That just signifies how little effort EA have put into creating a realistic and challenging offline football game.

• ProJoe
    50 posts Park Captain
    Another patch out and yet again no mention of fixing anything in career mode. Disgraceful.
  • DVNO
    Not for me. Different players have different styles. Edit the settings.

That's no solution at all. I'd like to have a challenging game without adjusting the sliders. Legendary is the highest difficulty and therefore it should be hard to win against the AI. There are many other difficulties you can play when you'd like an easier opponent.
  • Momalpas123
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Jesus to fk. They really do just flat out ignore this career mode board. I've been playing fm17 since it came out. Haven't played fifa for the first year that I can remember exclusively because of this issue.

Whoever is making decisions at EA should be completely ashamed of themselves. To not provide a challenging difficulty level is really beyond reckoning. On every other fifa, yes I'd still win titles from time to time but it would be a challenge and believable.

The fact that I can go on there and win 10 in a row without conceding a goal is really basic. And don't give me "sliders" all those do is make an impossibly easy game into an impossibly easy unrealistic game.

You're a **** disgrace EA. Four patches in now and this hasn't been addressed. Played fifa since I was just a boy, disgrace that it's come to this.
  • http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-fifa-sliders/891618-fifa-17-os-community-sliders.html

this should help everyone if you dont know about it already. These guys dedicate their time to creating the perfect career mode experience. Not only do they change the sliders but also the tactics of each team. I play as West Ham and using these custom tactics and sliders ive found that every team plays in a unique way and it is quite literally a different game.

I would also suggest playing on full manual to increase the challenge.

• Cooler08
    I've just seen this video. At 3:17 they mention legendary being too easy then after the issue about all teams playing in the same style.

• DVNO
    Nothing new? :(
  • AJFrice
    31 posts Park Captain
    DVNO wrote: »

Nope. Same old, same old. Just banged past Spain 6-1 at the euros with England despite giving the AI an advantage through sliders.
  • KBS_Blades
    AJFrice wrote: »
    DVNO wrote: »

Nope. Same old, same old. Just banged past Spain 6-1 at the euros with England despite giving the AI an advantage through sliders.

Meanwhile I beat Germany 4–0 in the World Cup final.
  • ProJoe
    50 posts Park Captain
    Try these sliders, I'm enjoying my Bournemouth career now, really challenging!

User customisation changes:
    GK ability - 30
    Marking - 40

CPU customisation changes:
    Sprint speed - 52
    Acceleration - 52
    Shot error - 34
    Pass error - 40
    Pass speed - 60
    GK ability - 56
    Marking - 63
    Run frequency - 90
    FB positioning - 60
    Control error - 35-40
  • SACanuckinOz
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 2017
    For me then issue isn't really that Legendary is "too hard". I think it is fine. You can (I have) improve team tactics my editing the opposition team tactics at the start of a CM (takes a lot of time at start of play through) or at the start of a game (takes less time as you only have to change the teams you play, but is a bit immersion breaking). Operation Sports have some great team tactics for most leagues to use. And of course you can change the sliders.

The real problem is the lack of attacking AI programming. I see players passing the ball around amazingly, tackling great, holding on the ball very well, etc. But there is such a lack of attacking impetus from opposing teams it just gets frustrating at times.
    I played Bayern Munich last night, quarter final of CL, with PSG. Admittedly I have a great team, but after going 2-0 up, I at one stage just parked my player in the middle of the pitch and watched two of their players pass the ball back and forth on the middle about 6 or 7 times, without making any effort to attack my goal. Of course one of my team went and stole the ball, and went to score.
    What a joke.
  • Ryo_Ishizaki
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 2017
    This is one of the hardest FIFA i've ever played tbh, the CPU seems to predict every movement you are going to do, and lob passes are totally nerfed, as are fake shots unlike previous years. I don't know what game you people are playing, even in League 2 which is totally ridiculous the IA in Legendary is incredible. You can't take the ball of them, and the only way to score goals is from set pieces or passing the ball for minutes outside of the area and eventually you'll find a gap.
    Maybe it's because I am playing on PC, but the game should be the same.
    Post edited by Ryo_Ishizaki on
  • ThomasHK1979
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is one of the hardest FIFA i've ever played tbh, the CPU seems to predict every movement you are going to do, and lob passes are totally nerfed, as are fake shots unlike previous years. I don't know what game you people are playing, even in League 2 which is totally ridiculous the IA in Legendary is incredible. You can't take the ball of them, and the only way to score goals is from set pieces or passing the ball for minutes outside of the area and eventually you'll find a gap.
    Maybe it's because I am playing on PC, but the game should be the same.

Agreed! Playing Milan. Especially the small teams play insanely good! So difficult to create chances. What's your favorite formation against CPU?
  • SACanuckinOz
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ryo & ThomasHK.
    As we have said, it's not that Legendary is "too easy", what we mean (at least some of us), is that it becomes boring and frustrating to play, if the only challenge is the AI making YOUR scoring difficult, but not actually really attacking itself.
    In time, with practice, you will learn to overcome the difficulty in getting the ball of the CPU, and how to overcome the obvious disadvantages the AI hands you.
    But that still won't feel like a real game of football, if teams like Real, PSG, ManU, ManC, Chelsea, Barca, etc don't ATTACK your goal, like the would IRL
  • ThomasHK1979
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ryo & ThomasHK.
    As we have said, it's not that Legendary is "too easy", what we mean (at least some of us), is that it becomes boring and frustrating to play, if the only challenge is the AI making YOUR scoring difficult, but not actually really attacking itself.
    In time, with practice, you will learn to overcome the difficulty in getting the ball of the CPU, and how to overcome the obvious disadvantages the AI hands you.
    But that still won't feel like a real game of football, if teams like Real, PSG, ManU, ManC, Chelsea, Barca, etc don't ATTACK your goal, like the would IRL

Arh ok. Completely agree! In 38 games I've only conceded 10 goals!
  • Hmmm. Also play for MIlan. But conceded in first season 32 goals and 43 in second season. So depends on style of playing. Up to me , i conceeded less goals in fifa 16.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Try full manual control and from the second season you will do the only one thing - struggle for survival.