Legendary is too easy.

13456710
AJFrice
31 posts Park Captain
edited October 2016
I started a Watford career mode three days ago when the game came out. I played every pre-season group game and won all three comfortably (3-0, 4-1 & 2-0) with my second team and reserves playing against teams like Galatasaray and Bordeaux. This already annoyed me so I then just simulated the rest. After playing the opening 5 games in the Premier League, I won all 5 and had the best defense in the league as usual. Speaking of defense, surely I can't be the only one who in every career mode he does, whether it's with Portsmouth or Real Betis, always has the best defense in the league? Anyways, after those 5 games, I was just sad that I paid 80$ for the most unrealistic and easiest FIFA ever. So I then purposely lost the next couple games by quite a lot of goals to make it somewhat realistic. Now I am 12 games in, 5th in the league and hating the game right now. Every game I play I am forced to play worse and make mistakes just so the other team has a chance. I desperately want EA to fix this and bring in another difficulty like ultimate, which is dumb that they had it in offline ultimate team but not in career mode. And yes, I can use sliders but that just makes it even more unrealistic with distorted and overpowered passing and shots. Anyone else?
Post edited by LaMertesackerRun on

Comments

  • Yes, exactly same problem (although I never play bad on purpose) so I ended up my first season with 2-3 losses (when I really wasn't paying attention to the game) a few draws (using youngsters mostly) and winning all trophies (league, champions league, cup and invitational trophy). Even won the ch. league final by 5-2 (leading 4-0 at half time). Also in the semis after winning first leg 2-0 against real Madrid in the second leg they didn't even bother playing, it was like they were boycotting the game just looking at me playing.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thats why I'm glad my style of play is so OCD. Never makes the game too easy. Add to that adjusting sliders and every experience is a test.

    Unlucky guys. See you next year?
  • BoomCheese
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Confirmed. Legendary is ridiculously easy. Keeping a clean sheet takes no effort, and making reducing pass and first touch error doesn't change that. Scoring goals is still a little bit of a challenge, but getting one or two every game is pretty damn comfortable.
    It's even more frustrating when you see people online telling EA to reduce the difficulty level. Nope, the biggest problem of FIFA (every single year) is how easy legendary is.
  • Dfmr1983
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Same problem here. Not only on career mode but also on kick off
  • marceloavfc
    73 posts Park Captain
    Totally agree. I recommend you to put the control in manual. I playing with Derby and miss out promotion on the playoff final before a very good start, we struggle a little bit with semi/manual pass and shoot
  • fostersrizzler
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yup seems like many of us are having the same problem here. I'm playing with Palace and cruising through the PL.
  • LoboNobo
    6385 posts Big Money Move
    It was always like that for me, I guess I won't bother playing with a weaker tam this season (last FIFA I stopped my Hull, Watfor and Las Palmas careers because of it).

    The only way to make it realistic is to go with a top team
  • YES, THANK YOU. I thought I was the only one. In FIFA 16 in career mode I played on world class difficulty, which at the end was just a little too easy but still fine, and legendary was still too hard for me. In 17, I started with world class and quickly had to go legendary, because it was too easy. Even now, i barely conceive any goals and 15 games into my season i still have 0 losses. This isn't really challenging.

    The funniest thing however, is that in the demo, world class was fine. I even lost a few games. Though I cannot be 100% sure it wasn't due to me having to adjust to the new gameplay, it seemed harder than in the final version of the game.

    I really hope there will be an adjustment or a new difficulty. Otherwise this will be the first FIFA ever that I cannot fully enjoy.
  • sperlzy
    39 posts Park Captain
    100% agree. I actually thought legendary was a decent challenge on fifa 16 but it was a nightmare trying to win back possession. On fifa 17 the opponent on legendary doesn't seem like they are trying. I can score a goal and go 1-0 up and as a test I just passed around my defence and I could have done this for thirty mins without them even trying to tackle me if I wanted to.
    On fifa 16 I had to really concentrate and play to a high level to win games on legendary. On 17 I don't seem to have to get out of first gear. I'm playing as Leeds and I'm just destroying every opponent with ease and its boring.
    I really hope a patch is released for this soon. I guess I'll just have to stick to online until it is.
  • Momalpas123
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yep. It's an absolute joke. Unplayable in career mode which is the only mode I'll play.

    This needs a patch asap.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Seems like quality of team actually makes a difference. In the past, I felt like every team on World Class or Legend played the same. I could play a 3* or a 5* and they seemed the same.

    Played a bunch of offline drafts, just like last year, WC is tougher then Legend. Played 10 offline now.
  • Momalpas123
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    sperlzy wrote: »
    100% agree. I actually thought legendary was a decent challenge on fifa 16 but it was a nightmare trying to win back possession. On fifa 17 the opponent on legendary doesn't seem like they are trying. I can score a goal and go 1-0 up and as a test I just passed around my defence and I could have done this for thirty mins without them even trying to tackle me if I wanted to.
    On fifa 16 I had to really concentrate and play to a high level to win games on legendary. On 17 I don't seem to have to get out of first gear. I'm playing as Leeds and I'm just destroying every opponent with ease and its boring.
    I really hope a patch is released for this soon. I guess I'll just have to stick to online until it is.

    Exactly right. 16 was way more of a challenge. 17 is as you say, unplayable in career mode if you want a challenge.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yep. It's an absolute joke. Unplayable in career mode which is the only mode I'll play.

    This needs a patch asap.

    No patch I hope. It may be easy for you ping pong 4 minute half players. Us purists are ok thank you. Patches ruined the game last time.
  • Momalpas123
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yep. It's an absolute joke. Unplayable in career mode which is the only mode I'll play.

    This needs a patch asap.

    No patch I hope. It may be easy for you ping pong 4 minute half players. Us purists are ok thank you. Patches ruined the game last time.

    What are you on about? Play 16 minute games, our complaint is the AI is too easy on legendary. It they make the AI harder, how does that effect you?
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2016
    The majority like the game as it is, otherwise this thread would be overrun. I'm sorry you are too good for the game however I would rather lose a few players then alot. I doubt very much that you will see a patch for that, not in the near future anyway. Best find a new game to play.

    The majority of you create this with your playstyle. You don't try and mimic real football at all. I guarantee everytime you are wide you fake shot or Ronaldo chop inside. Your own playstyle has ruined the game for you, not the game.
  • Momalpas123
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The majority like the game as it is, otherwise this thread would be overrun. I'm sorry you are too good for the game however I would rather lose a few players then alot. I doubt very much that you will see a patch for that, not in the near future anyway. Best find a new game to play.

    The majority of you create this with your playstyle. You don't try and mimic real football at all. I guarantee everytime you are wide you fake shot or Ronaldo chop inside. Your own playstyle has ruined the game for you, not the game.

    Pure assumption on your part. All I care about is realism on the pitch. I want it to be challenging and realistic. The AI is rediculous in this iteration of fifa. I only every play offline career and won't touch the online stuff. Don't know what it takes to be a purist, I just want a realistic challenge vs the AI.

    As it stands, it's far too easy vs the cpu.

    If you think the cpu is anything close to mimicking real football, you don't know football.
  • Try playing drunk. Sheffield United kicked my **** last night after I'd had a few beers.
  • Momalpas123
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Try playing drunk. Sheffield United kicked my **** last night after I'd had a few beers.

    Haha, sadly not a drinker.
  • Iván
    998 posts Professional
    Agreed
    30hycyr.jpg
  • BoomCheese
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The majority like the game as it is, otherwise this thread would be overrun. I'm sorry you are too good for the game however I would rather lose a few players then alot. I doubt very much that you will see a patch for that, not in the near future anyway. Best find a new game to play.

    The majority of you create this with your playstyle. You don't try and mimic real football at all. I guarantee everytime you are wide you fake shot or Ronaldo chop inside. Your own playstyle has ruined the game for you, not the game.

    Lol you don't know what you're talking about mate.

    The reason the game is so easy is because I play FIFA like football is played in real life. I haven't used one skill move. All I score are goals that are easily worked through midfield and by finding my strikers with way too much space in the box. The AI doesn't press hard enough, track runners, or block passing lanes.

    As for defending - well, it's a joke. The AI sucks so, so, so bad.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    BoomCheese wrote: »
    The majority like the game as it is, otherwise this thread would be overrun. I'm sorry you are too good for the game however I would rather lose a few players then alot. I doubt very much that you will see a patch for that, not in the near future anyway. Best find a new game to play.

    The majority of you create this with your playstyle. You don't try and mimic real football at all. I guarantee everytime you are wide you fake shot or Ronaldo chop inside. Your own playstyle has ruined the game for you, not the game.

    Lol you don't know what you're talking about mate.

    The reason the game is so easy is because I play FIFA like football is played in real life. I haven't used one skill move. All I score are goals that are easily worked through midfield and by finding my strikers with way too much space in the box. The AI doesn't press hard enough, track runners, or block passing lanes.

    As for defending - well, it's a joke. The AI sucks so, so, so bad.

    Adjusted the line height/width sliders? Do you even know what they do? Real football lol just another ping pong speed merchant lol.
  • Momalpas123
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BoomCheese wrote: »
    The majority like the game as it is, otherwise this thread would be overrun. I'm sorry you are too good for the game however I would rather lose a few players then alot. I doubt very much that you will see a patch for that, not in the near future anyway. Best find a new game to play.

    The majority of you create this with your playstyle. You don't try and mimic real football at all. I guarantee everytime you are wide you fake shot or Ronaldo chop inside. Your own playstyle has ruined the game for you, not the game.

    Lol you don't know what you're talking about mate.

    The reason the game is so easy is because I play FIFA like football is played in real life. I haven't used one skill move. All I score are goals that are easily worked through midfield and by finding my strikers with way too much space in the box. The AI doesn't press hard enough, track runners, or block passing lanes.

    As for defending - well, it's a joke. The AI sucks so, so, so bad.

    Adjusted the line height/width sliders? Do you even know what they do? Real football lol just another ping pong speed merchant lol.

    Mate, played this game for years. Not a ping pong speed merchant, appreciate real football.

    Leading the table without conceding a goal in ten games is not real football. It's too easy.
  • Professional mode is unplayable this year. On 16 I would destroy, this year I can't buy 3 points.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm not finding Legendary 'too easy' at all. Actually finding it quite balanced in terms of it being a challenge.
  • Momalpas123
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BistroXII wrote: »
    I'm not finding Legendary 'too easy' at all. Actually finding it quite balanced in terms of it being a challenge.

    Fair enough, played fifa really for last 10 years, by far the easiest. Unplayable so.
  • I just love how Fifa swapped with PES in terms of AI difficulty, eh. Anyone heard anything about EA patching this problem soon?
  • Momalpas123
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    InsomaniaK wrote: »
    I just love how Fifa swapped with PES in terms of AI difficulty, eh. Anyone heard anything about EA patching this problem soon?

    I haven't read anything. Haven't played for a few days. Hopefully this is addressed in next patch.
  • I hope so because sadly I can't play career mode knowing that I'll destroy anyone in sight, that's just sad. Well anyway I'm glad that PES 17 Super Star difficulty is a goddamn beast so I can enjoy some nice time shouting and screaming at my tv while being happy and satisfied with what I achieved in the game.
  • Momalpas123
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    InsomaniaK wrote: »
    I hope so because sadly I can't play career mode knowing that I'll destroy anyone in sight, that's just sad. Well anyway I'm glad that PES 17 Super Star difficulty is a goddamn beast so I can enjoy some nice time shouting and screaming at my tv while being happy and satisfied with what I achieved in the game.

    Not crossing over to dark side yet:) waiting for patch. If it's not addressed. Will likely join you.
  • AlexFin
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Professional mode is unplayable this year. On 16 I would destroy, this year I can't buy 3 points.

    I've started to play on world class, but I've noticed was too hard, so I downgraded on professional. At first it seemed ok, then I started to lose points again, o lot of them, but I managed to win, sometimes 4-0 and sometimes I lost 0-3. It seems fair on professional, but a lot harder the Fifa 16 world class.
Sign In or Register to comment.