CDMs don't stay back while the team is attacking .

Nylonbag219
75 posts Park Captain
When you instruct a CDM to "stay back while attacking", it says "Never make forward runs while on attack", yet for some reason Camacho for me keeps bombing forward, this really ruins my game because I instruct Ramos to "Join the attack" and it leaves me open at the back. Please is there a way to fix this? I hate it when the tactical expect of the game isn't effective.

Comments

• HaksiPirlo
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This happend with my on fifa 16 with inter, gary medel i set it to stay back, put him as deep as possible, but for some reason hes always plays further than jovetic who i play cam
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    1) CDMs seem to stay back more when in the CDM spot. In CM spots (like 433-4 and 4312) they get forward more.
    2) Use "stay back" and "stay on edge of box"
    3) Use custom tactics. Turn shooting down a couple each game, see how it does.

I've had no issues with my M/H CDMs in the actual CDM spot (41212s & 4231-2).
  • HaksiPirlo
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    1) CDMs seem to stay back more when in the CDM spot. In CM spots (like 433-4 and 4312) they get forward more.

Cheers bro will try
  • Leos215
    606 posts Sunday League Hero
    You will die one day.
    You will pay taxes.
    CDM's won't stay back in Fifa.
  • Amicus83
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Leos215 wrote: »
    You will die one day.
    You will pay taxes.
    CDM's won't stay back in Fifa.

Lol.
  • Hugo_TT
    913 posts Professional
    I play at 4-3-3(2) and set to my left and right backs to stay.

Last time my rb was in near my ST.

PS: I left him alone. He did by himself.
  • Trux
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Conservative interceptions, stay back when attacking instruction are both options you can set.

However, you also need to understand how your team plays.
    What you need to do is select custom tactic and pay attention to the sliders.

The passing slider (level of run support) is important.
    Pressure and aggression are also important.
    The amount of support you want for crossing and the shooting slider all have an effect as it's telling your team how much to support an attack.

But you also have to understand your player.
    A Midfielder with high attacking work rate will still get forward.
  • Passano
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2016
    Yes, the same thing happened last year with CDM's. I gave up using deep midfielders because they will rush to get in the box and there is no tactical instruction to change it when there should be in my opinion. Simply altering the custom tactics is not a good enough option as you still might like to cross the ball a lot (or your forwards and attacking midfielders to rush in the box) but want your CDM's to stay deep.

That said, your only option currently is to change the crossing in custom tactics like has already been mentioned. Personally, I wouldn't recommend going any higher than 40 and no lower than 34 if you occasionally like to cross. Anything under 33 and your players will try to walk the ball into the net like Arsenal. Playing at a slow-ish tempo with safe passing will also stop your CDM's making forward runs ahead of your CM's in the build up phase too.
  • This is an old problem on FIFA series unfortunately. What I do is this:

Give him the instructions:

"Stay back while attacking"
    "Stay on the edge of box for crossing"
    "Conservative interceptions"

If I'm playing with 2 CDMs, I put the other (the second CDM in the case) as CM with this instructions.

"Free Roam"
    "Stay on the edge of box"
    "Aggressive interceptions"

On custom tactics put shooting on 1.

Yes, 1 for shooting, with this, it's very difficult the cdm leave his position.

And if you pass a lot of time passing on the box of attack, put your team on defensive.
  • Nylonbag219
    75 posts Park Captain

I Play a 4-2-2-2 formation with Camacho and Modric as CDM, Camacho is set to stay back while Modric is set to get forward, but what I get is the opposite, Modric ends up being the Deep lying Playmaker and it is really annoying. I guess Ill tweek my custom tactics a bit, maybe its because I play 60 on crossing and 50 on shooting, Or maybe EA just needs to fix this issue.
  • Nylonbag219
    75 posts Park Captain
    HaksiPirlo wrote: »
    This happend with my on fifa 16 with inter, gary medel i set it to stay back, put him as deep as possible, but for some reason hes always plays further than jovetic who i play cam

Yeah, I know. But it seems as though it was fixed during the later stages of Fifa 16. However, in Fifa 17, I think the new attacking runs has brought this issue back.
  • Trux
    What work rate mentalities does Camacho have?
  • Shaanxz
    20627 posts Club Captain
    cdm's do stay back, change your custom tactics
  • Nylonbag219
    75 posts Park Captain
    Trux wrote: »

Camacho has High defensive and Mediuim attacking workrate, I avoid using MED/MED or MED/HIGH workrate on CDMs except if I want them to be attacking, I usually pair them up. eg Camacho HIGH/MED and Modric MED/HIGH or Kovacic MED/MED.
  • Nylonbag219
    75 posts Park Captain
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Change It to what? I play :
    Speed - 50
    Passing - 40
    Positioning - Org

Passing - 30
    Crossing - 60 (Cos I want Ronaldo and Morata to get in the box)
    Shooting -50
    Positioning - Free Form

Pressure - 60 (I like to dominate play)
    Aggression - 30
    Team Width - 60
    Defender Line - Cover
  • Trux
    Trux wrote: »

Camacho has High defensive and Mediuim attacking workrate, I avoid using MED/MED or MED/HIGH workrate on CDMs except if I want them to be attacking, I usually pair them up. eg Camacho HIGH/MED and Modric MED/HIGH or Kovacic MED/MED.

Hmm, Would be interesting to see if a player with high def and low attacking would still get forward or stay where you want them too. Maybe something to try.

• Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro

So what do you have to set in order to achieve this?
  • Shaanxz
    20627 posts Club Captain
    Hody wrote: »

So what do you have to set in order to achieve this?

I normally had to changed from free form to organised and drop the passing etc too under 33
  • maksi
    6615 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2017
    Passano wrote: »
    and there is no tactical instruction to change it when there should be in my opinion
    because people would park the bus by playing 7-0-3 formation