Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Fifa 17 = Fifa 16 + Journey...?

lordCriper
314 posts Sunday League Hero
Got the game yesterday and managed to get 10-15 online season games in. After I turned it off, I was really not sure if I'd played Fifa 16 or 17 to be honest. The gameplay feel seems a little different, but no more so than "change some sliders around" different really. It seems copy pasted onto the Frostbite engine, and the most crucial issues from 16 are still there.

- Manual player switching is still not manual, the game switches player at random times anyway
- Counter attacking still seems to be way more effective than possession play
- Players still leave their positions too often, even when instructed to stay back on attack
- Custom, high pressure tactics are still affecting the oponents players, making them laggy and often useless
- Goalkeepers are still unable to steer a shot towards the cornerflags, still to many rebounds straight out in the box, preferably to the other striker.

And some new.
- High long shots across the goal seems to go in far to often
- Passing is too accurate, and facing the right way seems less important. Ping-Pong passing is back with a vengeance
- Animations feels less life like than 16, more mechanic somehow

The bold part is the worst though. There are some minor improvements compared to 16, I'll admit that. The graphics looks a little better, crisper. I was expecting more though with Frostbite.

Am I just not seeing the greatness, and am I alone in feeling so, hmm, empty, after playing the actual game?

Comments

• I think there just getting worse and worse each year , slower and slower
  • lordCriper
    Seriously, I would be happy if they just fixed the bugs and updated the rosters. At least some of them, don't think that's too much to ask really.

And custom tactics are cool, but as long as your custom tactics affect the control your oponent have over his players, it's friggn broken, and should be removed from the game untill such time, EA can fix it.
  • flcinusa
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Based on some of the previously fixed bugs that have reappeared, it's more like FIFA 15 + Frostbite + Journey + Squad Updates = FIFA 17
  • lordCriper
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Based on some of the previously fixed bugs that have reappeared, it's more like FIFA 15 + Frostbite + Journey + Squad Updates = FIFA 17

Hard to disagree with that unfortunately. And what the hell is up with the defenders insisting on bringing down a cross, instead of clearing it with a header 70% of the time...? :s
  • I think there just getting worse and worse each year , slower and slower

Slower and slower? ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off and play UT please.
  • Amicus83
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    image_1.jpg
  • lordCriper
    Amicus83 wrote: »
    There was a silly picture here

It's hardly moaning when one points out bugs and issues that have been present for several years, in different releases. We are not getting a new game each year, but they set the price as such.

If they'd fix custom tactics online, or disable them, and the player switching fiasko. The game would actually be pretty good.