Best fifa in years?

Alp_2760
1952 posts Play-Off Hero
Whilst it isn't perfect, I love this year's game. Best game of football fifa have delivered for a long, long time. Sure there are faults, there always will be but I haven't played a game yet (played around 35 online, don't count offline) where I've lost and wanted to punch my TV.

Really enjoying it, as are my friends, some of who had become pretty disillusioned with fifa, especially after last year.

Really hope they don't patch it, played a game on 1+ on Tuesday after my tired ran out, just because I wanted some fifa and it was awful. Like playing nhl, felt like it was on an ice rink.

EA, please put 16 behind you and continue on this path, haven't enjoyed getting beat so much or got as much satisfaction from winning in tears. Good job

Comments

• Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played a game on 16 after my trial ran out*
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Im enjoying the game, but I dont like it much. Game speed is crazy fast.

Passing is horrible, the worst it has been in the entire history of Fifa. Passes are far too fast, far too accurate and you can pass on far too high rate. Doesnt matter if you pass after a 180° spin, far too accurate. Through ball are stupidly hard to defend as the defenders are really dumb at closing space. When you pass the ball in a direction where an opponent is standing, the game automaticly passes not the way you pressed to not get the pass intercepted. 40 yard full power passes always find the striker on the attacking half of the pitch.

I really like the shooting system, was a great idea to copy PES shooting as the game has a much more realistic feeling now.

Slide tackles are the worst in the history of the game too. There is literally no chance of missing a slide tackle, let alone getting a card. My players still jump over them without me wanting them to. Also the ball seems to rebound to a defender every single time after a slide tackle. The stupid autotackle and auto blocking of shots makes it very difficult to play against park the bus.

But I like dribbling and heading. If they fix defending and passing, I will be very happy.
  • Zef
    583 posts Sunday League Hero
    I hated last years game but enjoying this one too I do like the play
    Hate the back pass to keeps they keep flying eveywere and long shots are a little op but besides that it's pretty good
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    Im enjoying the game, but I dont like it much. Game speed is crazy fast.

Passing is horrible, the worst it has been in the entire history of Fifa. Passes are far too fast, far too accurate and you can pass on far too high rate. Doesnt matter if you pass after a 180° spin, far too accurate. Through ball are stupidly hard to defend as the defenders are really dumb at closing space. When you pass the ball in a direction where an opponent is standing, the game automaticly passes not the way you pressed to not get the pass intercepted. 40 yard full power passes always find the striker on the attacking half of the pitch.

I really like the shooting system, was a great idea to copy PES shooting as the game has a much more realistic feeling now.

Slide tackles are the worst in the history of the game too. There is literally no chance of missing a slide tackle, let alone getting a card. My players still jump over them without me wanting them to. Also the ball seems to rebound to a defender every single time after a slide tackle. The stupid autotackle and auto blocking of shots makes it very difficult to play against park the bus.

But I like dribbling and heading. If they fix defending and passing, I will be very happy.

I agree with pretty much everything. Passing is too easy the way it is.

Players with high passing stat will still deliver better passes, specially in the final third.
    What's bad is the fact that almost anyone can connect crazy fast/long distance / unbalanced / no look passes.
  • w4rsh0tta
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Are u dumb? It's the worst FIFA ever.
  • M98H
    12940 posts Has That Special Something
    w4rsh0tta wrote: »

:joy: whats your reasoning? Only thing they need to fix for me is the assisted defending, other than that it's near perfect imo
  • ZKnight
    226 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's pretty good. Needs some adjustment in the player agility/dribbling department and overpowered passes.
  • Chewbaccary
    953 posts Professional
    Too early to say.

- Finishing feels weird for me.
    - Button delay.
    - Corners are OP again.
    - Dribbling/skills feel somewhat nerfed.
    - AI players are still dumb (stand around and watch the ball roll right past them -- no urgency).
    - Cheese longshots have returned (way too easy to score from outside the box).

I don't hate it though. Feels like a blend of FIFA 13/14/15 because it has the pace of 13/15 along with the OP corners/sluggish dribbling of 14.
  • Riggs006
    898 posts Professional
    edited September 2016
    Personally I definitely don't think its the best, the passing is a huge issue. I feel like pace is a bit overpowered again and the turning is ridiculously sluggish even with the top dribblers. The finishing is all over the place and I'm not a fan of the the new corners/penalties but each to their own I guess! I'm still enjoying it to an extent but to say its the best is a bit of an overstatement, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion!
  • Worst Fifa in terms of gameplay I have ever played. Features this year are amazing but the gameplay is appalling.

1) Dribbling is non existent.
    2) Through balls are the worst I have ever seen them. Especially when the player receiving the ball always takes a bad touch or takes ages to get the ball under control.
    3) Shooting is the dumbest It's ever been. Allowing players to score off balanced shots and finesse shots being so weak on one on ones is stupid.
    4) Pace is so non existent on this game especially if it comes against physical.
    5) Pro clubs is simply not fun and hardly playable while the game is this slow paced.
    6) There is so much button delay on this game it is stupid.

I haven't even lost a game yet on Fifa 17 and its the most boring Fifa game I've ever played.

Sorry for the rant but I had high hopes for this game and I'm praying some kind of update comes out like they did on Fifa 16.
  • EaTrashCompany
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special

lol cause you suck
  • Eooan
    807 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm enjoying it, bar the constant injuries...
  • A5B
    3000 posts National Call-Up
    I think it is, there are only minimal things that need to be tweaked though (i.e. injuries). But so far I think EA have gotten gameplay right. Much, much fewer things for people to "abuse" compared to years past.
  • w4rsh0tta
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    killerRobz wrote: »
    Worst Fifa in terms of gameplay I have ever played. Features this year are amazing but the gameplay is appalling.

2) Through balls are the worst I have ever seen them. Especially when the player receiving the ball always takes a bad touch or takes ages to get the ball under control.
    3) Shooting is the dumbest It's ever been. Allowing players to score off balanced shots and finesse shots being so weak on one on ones is stupid.
    4) Pace is so non existent on this game especially if it comes against physical.
    5) Pro clubs is simply not fun and hardly playable while the game is this slow paced.

I haven't even lost a game yet on Fifa 17 and its the most boring Fifa game I've ever played.

Sorry for the rant but I had high hopes for this game and I'm praying some kind of update comes out like they did on Fifa 16.

this 100%

u can really tell who the real fifa players are
  • Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain
    Worst Fifa in terms of gameplay I have ever played. Features this year are amazing but the gameplay is appalling.

Awww can't you pace and zigzag abuse anymore? What a shame..
  • JGCramp
    1385 posts Professional
    I'm liking the gameplay so far. It's not perfect but certainly a considerable improvement over 16 (although who knows what will happen once they start with the patches). I'd have to say my only complaint is that when I play offline the CPU never fouls. I'm in division 9 now and I can't recall the CPU getting called for more than 2 or 3 total fouls, and I haven't yet been awarded a free kick in the final third. I thought that lack of fouls called was bad last year, but this year actually seems worse. That's about it. The new features are pretty good, too.
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero

Oh the irony
  • SoundersAllDay
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's actually starting to play exactly like Fifa 16 so no, not the best.
  • FatZeddd
    524 posts Sunday League Hero
    No chance
  • Gromit
    3446 posts National Call-Up
    They've definitely dealt with a lot of the flaws of the past 2 games.

OP dribbling
    OP skills
    Weak tackles
    Constant short corners
    OP GK auto rush out
    Erratic passing

Generally it feels more balanced. It still feels a tad too rigid and last night I struggled to create anything in the final 3rd before getting swamped by defenders. And even a pacy forward seems unable to break away when played clean through.

With a couple of minor tweaks it could be a great game.

My biggest gripe is that EA have effectively killed off Bronze and Silvers given they no longer have an online mode. This is a ridiculous decision based clearly on their $$$$$ return. They know you can't buy bronze packs with fifa points and very few buy silver packs with them. So abandon them and focus solely on golds.

For me it was bronze and silvers that made me love this mode. Finding hidden gem players that I'd never heard of. Making teams for 5k and bronzes were always a really fun arcade goal fest. I hope the community can convince EA to give us bronze and silver seasons.
  • Japanappy
    264 posts Sunday League Hero

• Dan25
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    Feels good for me so far.

A bit confused by some of you guys saying the game feels fast, to me it feels really slow, alot slower than last year.

Passing has changed slightly, I didnt use driven pass at all last year with the basic pass and power bar being more than adequate. I've felt like ive had to start using it this year though.

Dribbling seems different too. Last year dribbling was something that was really effective for me, this year it seems a little harder to just skip past people with a change of direction, which is probably a good thing.

Away from gameplay one thing that bugs me is the way the ball rebounds off the bar/post. When you hit the post even with a powerful shot, its more of a thud and the ball barely rebounds at all.

Final thing, don't know if it's just me, when i'm choosing my kit, my player will be wearing the opposite kit to the kit i've selected which led to an awful game of red v red for me earlier :lol:
  • xCOLLISx
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Jaxite wrote: »

Awww can't you pace and zigzag abuse anymore? What a shame..

• thfchayden
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I love the game, however I say that at the start of every new FIFA so I'll give it some time first.
  • Don't mind it I think it's actually good but yet again just like every other fifa people ruin it
  • BSDShoes
    1634 posts Play-Off Hero
    I like the game's pace (I hate the arcade pace that was in the past couple FIFA), but passing and slide tackling is a problem, then again the tackling has sucked for years.