Manual question

Trux
92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
how do player attributes come into play if playing full Manual.
Presumably there is no difference to say a 40 rated passer and a 70 rated passer.
So in theory if I match key physical attributes such as pace and strength to those of a top players I can build an equally capable team for next to nothing?

Does that make the game to easy?

Cheers

Comments

• vwa
    10 posts Ball Boy
    It affects the game the same way.
  • Trux
    How can it? If that were the case how could it be manual.
  • GoonerSoldier
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    You can say the opposite about AUTO. Because there is no aiming or weight of a pass involved than all teams ping pong passes together like Barcelona. This is where more SKILL is involved for manual players. We have to aim and measure the weight of the pass/shot. The attributes are all still there like body position, first touch, pace, accleration, stamina, etc, etc, etc.... The fact that all teams play the same on full manual is easily debunked.
  • Trux
    You can say the opposite about AUTO. Because there is no aiming or weight of a pass involved than all teams ping pong passes together like Barcelona. This is where more SKILL is involved for manual players. We have to aim and measure the weight of the pass/shot. The attributes are all still there like body position, first touch, pace, accleration, stamina, etc, etc, etc.... The fact that all teams play the same on full manual is easily debunked.
    You didn't answer the question.
    I didn't mention auto but since you did well I would expect a higher rated passer to have less error applied to passing?
    If full manual passing or shooting is exactly that (full manual) then that must surely mean that there is no difference between a passer with 40 rated passing attributes vs 70 rated passing attributes.
    Yes of course other attributes come into play such as positioning and physical attributes, strength and pace etc I mentioned that in the op.
  • Yeah, it is like that, there will be no difference between a 40 rated passer and a 90 rated passer, same applies with shooting too and other attributes that require accuracy. Once you master the game on manual, you become a god, and then not getting your pass right or finishing your chances falls on you, and then you end scoring every chance you get, and then you start beating the AI 5-0, 7-0, 10-0, because the AI GKs can't save a shot on manual and then the game becomes boring and you end up just like me. I'll advise you my friend, don't start playing the game on manual, practice playing your game on assisted or semi controls because you wouldn't want the game to become boring. Also playing on manual against real people isn't going to help you that much because real people don't play like AI's.
  • Trux
    Yeah thought it might ruin the game.
    Thanks.
    I had considered manual and also dabbled with it from time to time but the fact that it takes the individuality out of the game, I.e Ronaldo and a 50 rated striker could potentially pass and shoot the same is a bit of a game breaker for me
  • SmallWonder2015
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah, it is like that, there will be no difference between a 40 rated passer and a 90 rated passer, same applies with shooting too and other attributes that require accuracy. Once you master the game on manual, you become a god, and then not getting your pass right or finishing your chances falls on you, and then you end scoring every chance you get, and then you start beating the AI 5-0, 7-0, 10-0, because the AI GKs can't save a shot on manual and then the game becomes boring and you end up just like me. I'll advise you my friend, don't start playing the game on manual, practice playing your game on assisted or semi controls because you wouldn't want the game to become boring. Also playing on manual against real people isn't going to help you that much because real people don't play like AI's.

Funny to call a game boring when playing manual and funny also to "practice" assisted. That does not make sense my friend. AI GKs cant save a shot on manual and then the game becomes boring... Do you really believe this? Manual players dont need to practice assisted because that is easy for them and when you call manual boring then what to call assisted. That must be super boring, because that is a scripted play.
  • Nylonbag219
    75 posts Park Captain
    Yeah, it is like that, there will be no difference between a 40 rated passer and a 90 rated passer, same applies with shooting too and other attributes that require accuracy. Once you master the game on manual, you become a god, and then not getting your pass right or finishing your chances falls on you, and then you end scoring every chance you get, and then you start beating the AI 5-0, 7-0, 10-0, because the AI GKs can't save a shot on manual and then the game becomes boring and you end up just like me. I'll advise you my friend, don't start playing the game on manual, practice playing your game on assisted or semi controls because you wouldn't want the game to become boring. Also playing on manual against real people isn't going to help you that much because real people don't play like AI's.

Funny to call a game boring when playing manual and funny also to "practice" assisted. That does not make sense my friend. AI GKs cant save a shot on manual and then the game becomes boring... Do you really believe this? Manual players dont need to practice assisted because that is easy for them and when you call manual boring then what to call assisted. That must be super boring, because that is a scripted play.

Yeah true, assisted play is scripted but that's the reason why we have stats like Long Shot, Finishing, Short Pass, Heading accuracy etc, its the only time you see a player miss a shot because is finishing is 68 rated. And FYI, assisted play does require practice too. I know the learning curve for manual isn't easy but once you get really good at, passing becomes easy, scoring one on ones requires you to simply pass the ball into the net, you identify scripted shooting positions far too easily with no margin of error and most importantly once you get really good at it, they'll be no difference between Fillipe Melo and Luka Modric when it comes to passing or a difference between Ronaldo and Jese when it comes to finishing because it all depends on how long you hold X and the direction you're pointing it to. I know this because I was once a full manual player and I got really good at it.