Ones to watch revealed today - Pjanic one of them

Comments

• jenksiee123
    21467 posts Club Captain
    There's a possibility the team is announced tomorrow but doesn't go into packs until next week. Would explain the Pogba problem. After all, it only says it's announced, not released

That's a good point
  • nobody pjanic
  • rckstr
    5288 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2016
    going to do another 12k tomorrow then after doing 24k already. Done till TOTY then when I'll probably do 5 or 6k at most as I'll be loaded.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Bailly in?
  • DoctorRob
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So here is my theory on pogba and why it wouldn't really matter if they released OTW cards this weekend:

As far as we know, the OTW cards automatically upgrade when that player gets a new IF in packs. So to resolve this conundrum with pogba in packs this week, they could likely just replace his IF with the OTW card in packs. Because he had already been released as an IF, his OTW would get an automatic upgrade to the IF stats. I am guessing the OTW cards in general will have pack weights similar to IF cards, though I could be wrong on this and they may be less, which could theoretically screw people over a bit statistically speaking on trying to nab a special pogba card this week, but things like this have never really stopped EA from doing things like that before.

What do others think?
  • Reus
    22554 posts Club Captain
    Bailly in?

Iv heard the whole united squad is in
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Reus wrote: »
    Bailly in?

@Reus

I first laughed, then realized a bunch really could be in.

I packed Bailly today. Price has gone up 4k in 2 hrs. If he gets OTW he's "out of packs" sort of speak for who knows how long. Right as the weekend hits. Right before FUT Champs starts. And from what I am reading, he is really damn good in game.
  • Agent Murhawk
    8265 posts League Winner
    Bailly in?

@Reus

I packed Bailly today. Price has gone up 4k in 2 hrs. If he gets OTW he's "out of packs" sort of speak for who knows how long. Right as the weekend hits. Right before FUT Champs starts. And from what I am reading, he is really damn good in game.
    No FUT Champions this weekend
  • INB4 ones to watch all go extinct and never see the daylight of the transfer market.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Bailly in?

@Reus

Ibra and Pogba max
  • Reus
    22554 posts Club Captain
    INB4 ones to watch all go extinct and never see the daylight of the transfer market.

They'll all have nif stats you know

What If they don't get an if soon
  • Dani alves
    Mkhitaryan
    Nolito
    Gundogan
    Bravo
    Hart
    Cuadrado???
    Slimani
    Bony
    Remy
    Wilshere
    Mustafi
    Mane
    Wijnaldum
    Sissoko
    Konaplyanka
    Jesse (PSG)
    Ben arfa
    Assassin
    Pato
    Matip
    Sane
    Mangala
    Palace keeper (names escaped me)
    Davis luiz

Sure there's more I've missed there just ones I can think of right now...
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Kante
  • Reus wrote: »
    INB4 ones to watch all go extinct and never see the daylight of the transfer market.

They'll all have nif stats you know

What If they don't get an if soon

Chance you got to take, feel like they are going to go extinct though, the ones less likely to get informs will be the ones not going for that much!
  • Shane wrote: »
    Kante

He's in my team and I still forgot him :s
  • Feghouli
    Andre ayew
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    in the article I swea it mentioned about the card having bronze/silver/gold so could be lower rated players too
  • Butters222
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Stones would be in this yes? He was like the 4th most expensive signing
  • Jake wrote: »
    in the article I swea it mentioned about the card having bronze/silver/gold so could be lower rated players too

Maybe the first squad holds only, then a silver and bronze team to follow...
  • Butters222 wrote: »
    Stones would be in this yes? He was like the 4th most expensive signing

Most likely forgot him too
  • BreadrunsAway
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    They will probably release the squad tommorow and I'm thinking they might release one OTW card a week? Or a few....but who knows I guess
  • CandyRat
    7777 posts League Winner
    Would kinda suit the current sbc as well with juve and all
  • Only problem I see is if these are a week long is it may badly affect the market causing as many packs to be opened as any decent TOTW could ever cause, crashing the market badly.

Sold my team about 3hrs ago, hoping now these are all at once and a week long so I can cash in buying my team back cheaper and get my self a couple too.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4690 posts National Call-Up
    I packed Pjanic earlier too
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Hoping for Mane, would pick him up asap if he was to go for reasonable price.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Hoping for Mane, would pick him up asap if he was to go for reasonable price.

Ditto, I can see him getting to a FIF this year, he should get a few at afcon.

I wonder how OTW would handle position changes
  • Andy87
    3566 posts National Call-Up
    What time they getting released at? UK time?
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    Peter69hc wrote: »
    Pjanic
    Pogba
    Higuain
    Ibra

Are 99% in.

It's the biggest moves of the transfer window

Pogba has an if this week so is 0% in

Not necessarily true. They can give him is OTW as upgraded by +1 already since he has an IF. So it would be like packing his IF. So his IF technically leaves packs it just extends how long that is in packs by a week. In fact if I packed hm right now (as a IF) I would sell. I doubt they leave him out and the fact he has an IF already is a non issue. The only issue if the people who have purchased him already are probably gonna lose a ton because we have 3 years of Fifa that shows us if Pogba has done anything good, he will likely get an IF. Plus the chances of him getting in TOTY again are quite high because its a popularity contest.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    They said squad so it will likely be 23 guys. I dont think Ibra will be in it. Just a gut feeling. For Man City, I think it will be Gundogan and maybe someone like Sane?

I could see Kante being in but I think it would be a questionable buy unless he is sub 200k and you have the coins because the likelihood of him getting an IF is low and more than one IF very low. Even a TOTS card isnt sure fire because that position he plays seldom has repeat TOTS for whatever reason. In fact, based off early season play coupled with last years showing (the basis in which to make an educated guess at long term performance) I would venture a guess that Gueye will take his place. Gueye, statistically, was Kante's match last year but played for a terrible team. Now he is on a team that could be contending for a UCL spot.

Furthermore, since it seemingly is a "squad," I wouldnt doubt that each team only had one chosen. With that in mind..

Bayern- Sanches (probably a lock)
    Dortmund- Dembele or Bartra (most likely Dembele)
    Schalke- Kono
    PSG- Jese or Krychowiak and I would lean Krychowiak
    Real Madrid- Morata (dunno who else it would be)
    Barcelona- Gomes not sure who else I would throw in the mix. Maybe Umtiti to add def to squad
    Atletico- ? Gameiro?
    Juve-Pjanic (obviously)
    Napoli- Milik
    Leicester-Slimani (pretty confident in that)
    United- Pogba
    City- Gundogan (just think thats the one) or it could be Stones cause England hype
    Chelsea-Kante or Luiz but Batshuyai isnt out of the realm considering
    Arsenal- Mustafi
    Spurs- Dunno but maybe Janssen or Sissoko
    Everton- Bolasie (just think he will get one)
    Liverpool-Matip? Wijnaldum? Mane? I would veer towards Matip or Mane

Other teams but I havent followed who they acquired

Inter
    Milan
    Roma
    Lyon
    Monaco
    Gladbach
    Hertha-maybe?
    Sevilla
    Bilbao
    Ajax
    PSV
    Porto
    Sporting
    Benfica
    Zenit
    CSKA
    Beskitas
    Fener
    Galatsaray

Maybe a chance at other leagues outside Europe? I doubt it but if it was a laundry list and not just one squad then I could see some inclusions. Yet there are only so many "names" that moved in the summer to these leagues.

Anyways, I would definitely look at risk assessment before splurging on the market for these cards. Obviously there are no brainers but there are some that look really sweet but are gonna be very risky.