Wycombe Wanderers | The Journey of Ethan Webster | Season 5: The Premier League. (End)

JamieC
762 posts Semi-Pro
edited April 2017
WW%20LogoMain_1.png

Hello, my name is Ethan Webster and I am going to tell you the story of how I became the greatest manager in the world!

...Well actually I can't, as my story hasn't started yet...I mean this is going to be my first football job as a manager, but let me atleast explain how I got here.

Since I was a little boy, I always dreamed of being a footballer, so like all little boys who want to be paid lots of money to kick a ball around I tried to become a footballer. I trained nearly everyday and played for my local sides, as well as my school team...my position? I played Left Back...as in I was Left Back on the bench every game.

Yeah, I wasn’t really that good and when I did get the chance, I would always get the ball shot right towards my crown jewels, so when the doctors suggest that I stop playing, not just because I wasn’t really good, but also for my health, as if I continued to keep playing, the continuous shots to the nuts will paralyse me and I don’t want that.

I soon became depressed. “What am I going to do now? I wanted to be a footballer!” As the current season went on, watching football with a less than happy mood for the sport, I don’t know why, but I started to pay attention more to the managers on the sideline and it got me thinking. “What if I become a manger? I can stay in the football world and possibly be a bigger name in this then as a footballer”. So from that day onward I started training as a manager, going on coaching courses until I had a badge that would allow me to be a football manager. During that time I was able to get some assistant manager jobs with some lower non-league sides. Here was where I got my passion for football back, the joy of seeing the teams win because of the tactics the gaffer and I had made everyday I spent in a boring room for that coaching badge worth it.

But my passion to be a manager meant that I couldn’t stay with them. I told them that I wanted to be more than just an assistant, I wanted to manage my own team. The gaffer agreed and said that while he was upset that I wanted to leave, he understood. So I began my search and luckily, I saw that Gareth Ainsworth was stepping down as Wycombe manager, as he was offered a job within the club that he was happy with. So I sent in my CV and waited with crossed fingers and surprisingly, I got the job! Clearly they picked me after they read on my CV that I took the mighty Cockfosters FC to champions league glory!...on football manager. Nah I think they picked me because I was young, I was hungry to prove that I can become great and it seemed they were willing to take a gamble on me, so I will always be grateful for this opportunity.

Well...I think that is everything, so here it is, my first day as Wycombe Wanderers manager! I can’t wait!

Hopefully no one sh*ts in my bag this time...

qpuTP9w.png
VHqdTDf.png
Post edited by JamieC on

Comments

• JamieC
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2016
    Squad%20logo.png
    2016/2017
    GOALKEEPERS:

*Sam Roberts - 62
    Jamal Blackman - 60
    Barry Richardson - 45

DEFENDERS:

Dion Kelly-Evans - 56
    Anthony Stewart - 63
    Aaron Pierre - 62
    Omar Sowunmi - 60
    Will De Havillard - 54
    Max Müller - 59
    Daniel Rowe - 58
    Joe Jacobson - 66
    *Craig Deery - 49

MIDFIELDERS:

*Ewan Robinson - 45
    *John Fagan - 47
    Michael Harriman - 58
    Paris Cowan-Hall - 63
    Nick Freeman - 52
    Stephen McGinn - 63
    Matt Bloomfield - 61
    Emmanuel Osadebe - 60
    Luke O'Nien - 58
    *Ian Murray - 47
    Marcus Bean - 60
    Sam Wood - 64
    Devon Kelly-Evans - 55
    *Angus Walker - 50
    *Dylan Kelly - 54
    *Douglas Campbell - 53
    *Riley Young - 56
    *Liam O'Byrne - 52

STRIKERS:

Adebayo Akinfenwa - 64
    Jason Williams - 56
    *Patrick Reid - 48
    Dayle Southwell - 53
    Zayn Hakeem - 54
    Scott Kashket - 54
    Garry Thompson - 61

* - Indicates that they are Youth Academy Players.
    Post edited by JamieC on
  • JamieC
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2016
    Transfers.png
    2016/2017
    IN:

Emmanuel Osadebe (Gillingham/£150,000)
    Dion Kelly-Evans (Coventry City/£150,000)
    Paris Cowan-Hall (Millwall/£350,000)
    Omar Sowunmi (Yeovil Town/£250,000)
    Zayn Hakeem (Mansfield Town/£90,000)
    Jason Williams (Southend/£80,000)
    Devon Kelly-Evans (Coventry City/£90,000)

OUT:

Paul Hayes (Crewe/£275,000)
    Myles Weston (Stevenage/£350,000)
    Nick Freeman (Swindon Town/Short term Loan)
    Sido Jombati (Burton Albion/£275,000)
    Scott Brown (Oxford United/£500,000)
    Paris Cowan-Hall (Millwall/End of Loan)
    Dominic Gape (Southampton/End of Loan)
    Post edited by JamieC on
  • Ashy
    8298 posts League Winner
    Good luck pal! Interesting team choice I like it
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck mate!
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hell yes the big man upfront and the legendary Matty Bloomfield (can't sell him!)

Good luck.
  • JamieC
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    Ashy wrote: »
    Good luck pal! Interesting team choice I like it
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Good luck mate!

Thanks guys :smiley:
    Hell yes the big man upfront and the legendary Matty Bloomfield (can't sell him!)

Good luck.

Thanks!

Hope to score goals with da beast and of course I won't sell Matty, entire career playing at Wycombe, only right that he finishes there too!

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good luck :) like the choice of team and with Aaron Pierre you have a rock at the back.
  • Chris
    5385 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck with Wycombe, League 2 sides are always fun if you can stick with it
  • LennonLegend
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck! Another league 2 side. Im currently Doncaster :)
    Looking forward to following the story.
  • ale85bg
    Chris wrote: »
    Yeah, turning a small League 2 into a powerhouse is some achievement. I tried it a couple of times in some private saves (like with Chesterfield, I believe it was FIFA 14) but never managed to resist more than three or four seasons before quitting.
  • Good luck man, just started with Oxford town myself.. interested in seeing your signings!
  • BistroXII wrote: »
    Good luck :) like the choice of team and with Aaron Pierre you have a rock at the back.

Thanks I love playing Pierre and Stewart together at CB, I always know that my defence will be rock solid with those two :)
    Good luck! Another league 2 side. Im currently Doncaster :)
    Looking forward to following the story.
    Nathan19F wrote: »
    Good luck man, just started with Oxford town myself.. interested in seeing your signings!

Thanks guys :)
  • JamieC
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2016
    ICM1.png
    ICM2.png
    ICM3.png
    ICMSF.png
    ICMFINAL.png
    FIFA%2017%20Career%20Match%201-2%20FLE%20V%20WYC%202nd%20Half%20sma.png

Manager thoughts: F**king get in there! I know it's only a preseason tournament, but it's my first go as manager and the team played exceptionally well. Southwell really put in some good performances upfront and everything gelled well together.

Unfortunately Weston got injured during the Exeter game and will be out for 8 weeks and Southwell, who I mentioned got injured during the Mansfield game and he will be out for 4 weeks. With my small squad I am going to need to bring in a few players or bring up some youngsters, so work is not over, but overall I am happy with this squad.
  • Wyojasond
    9327 posts League Winner
    Bit late to the party, but good luck man :)
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good luck. Couldn't ask for a more successful pre season ^^
  • Chris
    Maybe it's time to turn the difficulty up haha, great performance
  • JamieC
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    Bit late to the party, but good luck man :)

Thanks
    Good luck. Couldn't ask for a more successful pre season ^^

Indeed, but other than the Luton game, I need to stop going 1 nil down first :D
    Maybe it's time to turn the difficulty up haha, great performance

Maybe :D I'm on world class at the moment, might go legendary at some point, will definitely put it on legendary for cup games against Championship/Premier League sides to keep it realistic ;)
  • Ahmer50x
    11566 posts Has That Special Something
    Good luck. If preseason results are anything to go by, you may not need it.
  • ale85bg
    Solid pre-season there. Hopefully you could bring on that form to the league.
  • JamieC
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2016
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Good luck. If preseason results are anything to go by, you may not need it.
    Solid pre-season there. Hopefully you could bring on that form to the league.

Thanks guys, hopefully :)

Which reminds me...time for the first match!

Preview: As the new season is just over the horizon, more bad news at Adams Park, as Paris Cowan-Hall picks up a sprained ankle during training and will be out for 3 weeks, meaning he will miss the first few games.

Manager Thoughts: It is a shame for Cowan-Hall to pick up an injury just a few days before our first game of the season, as the lad has been on good form during the preseason and is a key part of this team, his pace down the wings is going to be missed during our game against Plymouth today...but when you run into the f**king beast what do you expect? Now Ade is probably one of the nicest guys in this team...but he f**king scares me! When I first met him he was bench pressing, which you think “yeah that what he usually does”...BUT HE WAS USING OUR GOALKEEPING COACH AS WEIGHTS! Now Richardsdon isn’t some small guy, yet Ade was pulling him up and down like he was nothing. I feel sorry for one of the young lads, as Ade started shouting “JUMP ON FAM!” at them. It didn’t help that he was wearing nothing but his underwear, so you could see his ‘package’ so now I feel sorry for the opposition when they face Ade as I worry what he will do to them when ‘Beast Mode’ is on…

Team news for Plymouth game: With Weston still out and now Cowan-Hall out, Sam Wood and Michael Harrison take their places on the wings as O’Nien and Rowe take their places on the bench. Southwell returns from his injury but is not risked as Webster wants the young striker to start in the cup game a few days later. Other than that the lineup remains almost the same.

ELF%20L2%20M1.png

Even with going down to 10 men, Wycombe start their season off with a win. A lovely pass from Bloomfield allowed Dominic Gape to slot the ball past the Plymouth goalkeeper to put Wycombe 1 nil up on the 43rd minute. But just before the first half finished, McGinn received his second yellow of the game after a sliding challenge against Sawyer. Wycombe would then close off the game during the second half of the game as when Sam Wood crossed the ball in into the box, hoping to reach the head of Akinfenwa, would instead be cleared by Ijaha, who accidently headed the ball into his own net, giving Wycombe a comfortable 2 nil lead and the game on the 61st minute.

Manager Thoughts: Yes! First match and we win! I was slightly worried with the attack, as the pace from Weston and Cowan-Hall was missing, but Wood and Harrison worked really hard to get that ball up there and it payed off for Wood. It may be an own goal, but Ade was who the guy was marking and just like the preseason game where a player had scored an own goal, Ade was there as well, I think he is making them do that, he probably got into Ijaha’s ears and probably said sweet nothings to him to put him off. Oh well whatever works I guess haha!

• Greenman019
    Always tough with 10 men, still looked like a solid win. Good to see the pre-season form carried into the proper games.
  • Ahmer50x
    11566 posts Has That Special Something
    2-0 away from home. Nothing you can complain about IMO.
  • JamieC
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    Preview: A more youthful side for today’s game in the first round of the EFL Cup as Webster rests most of his first team players. Two youth academy players make their debut today as John Fagan of Northern Ireland and Ewan Robinson of England look to use this opportunity to get some first team experience. Fagan and Robinson, both 17, will play together as the rock of the midfield. Playing in their natural position, Webster hopes the experience will help speed up their process to the first team.

Southwell makes his return to the team after picking up an injury during preseason. Webster hopes Southwell’s good form continues and can hopefully bag a goal today. Kashket and Freeman both make a return to the first team after getting some playing time during preseason, the same with Rowe, Müller, De Havilland and Blackman who all also make a first team appearance since preseason.

Today’s team line up as shown:

GK: Blackman
    RB: Harrison
    CB: Müller
    CB: De Havilland
    LB: Rowe
    CM: Robinson
    CM: Fagan
    CAM: Freeman
    RW: Thompson
    ST: Southwell
    LW: Kashket

Sub 1: Richardson
    Sub 2: Pierre
    Sub 3: Jombati
    Sub 4: Bean
    Sub 5: O’Nien
    Sub 6: Wood
    Sub 7: Hayes

ELF%20CUP%20R1.png

A youthful Wycombe side brush off a lackluster Walsall side and progress to the next round of the EFL Cup.

Manager Thoughts: Always good to get a win in a cup, especially when you don’t use your first team to do it! Haha!

For a youthful side, the team controlled the game well, I even question how Walsall are a League 1 team with that performance, it was just shocking, at home as well! I remember their fans boring loud as soon as the whistle went. For their sake they hope it was just a one off!

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good updates. Excellent pre-season and good start in the league and cup. There are injuries but the younger players stepped up in the cup game.
  • Chris
    Two wins in a row, great form from the lads
  • ale85bg
    Two good results, especially the one you got in the cup with a young lineup: now let's keep this form! :)
  • JamieC
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2016
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Good updates. Excellent pre-season and good start in the league and cup. There are injuries but the younger players stepped up in the cup game.

Southwell was probably my favourite youngster to use during preseason, so I'm making sure he starts every cup game until he is good enough to be a bench player. (But with Hayes and Thompson on the bench and Akinfenwa refusing to move he is far down the order)
    Two wins in a row, great form from the lads
    Two good results, especially the one you got in the cup with a young lineup: now let's keep this form! :)

Let's hope! But I'm expecting to lose soon :joy:
    ELF%20L2%20M2.png

Goals from Akinfenwa and Harriman allow Wycombe to remain unbeaten in the league.

Latest News: Weston and Cowan-Hall return from injury and could possible make their return for the Carlisle game.

Transfer News:
    Emmanuel%20Osadebe.png
    Name: Emmanuel Osadebe
    Nation: Republic of Ireland
    Height: 6'2"
    Position: CM
    Cost: £150,000

Info: Osadebe joins the Chairboys from League One Gillingham and is happy to be joining a very ambitious club and looks forward to working with young manager Webster.

Manager Thoughts: The lad is a physical beast! My midfield lacks a strong player to hold the ball in the middle, which is why I went in for this guy. He has the perfect balance of both speed and strength and the best thing is that this lad can run all game and still have a lot of energy at the end, which is perfect at this level, considering how many games the lads have to play in such a short amount of time, so expect Em to be making lots of appearances during the season.
    Dion%20Kelly-Evans.png
    Name: Dion Kelly-Evans
    Nation: England
    Height: 5'10"
    Position: RWB/RB/RM
    Cost: £150,000

Info: Kelly-Evans also joins Wycombe from a league one club, this time Coventry City and is very excited to learn under his new team and hopes he can contribute to Wycombe's current good form.

Manager Thoughts: Dion can play pretty much anywhere on the wings, whether it be on the right or the left, the kid is versatile, which was one of the main reasons I brought him in as I need players who can play in more than one position to help out through injury as well as getting a better understanding of where they play best. Will Dion play best in defence? Or will he play better in the attack? Only time will tell and to be honest, I hope he can play well everywhere haha!
    ELF%20L2%20M3.png

Honours even as Weston and Cowan-Hall make their returns. Debuts also for Osadebe and Kelly-Evans as both get run outs.

Manager Thoughts: We controlled the ball for most of the game but just couldn't find the finish, mostly because of that b*****d Crocombe! He was on form today, which was bad for us. Also that f**ker McGinn needs to calm the f**k down! Eleven minutes in and he goes and gets a yellow trying to take that player out. Anymore yellows and reds and he will be just as bad as Danny Cunningham!
  • Greenman019
    Think the manager needs to calm down xD

At least the good form continues, killing league 2 right now :o
  • JamieC
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2016
    Think the manager needs to calm down xD

At least the good form continues, killing league 2 right now :o

I think he is fine...well until the next game :joy:

Preview: It’s the second round of the EFL Cup and Wycombe will be away to fellow League Two team Luton Town. Youngsters again fill the first team today as Southwell gets another chance to impress Webster. New signings Osadebe and Kelly-Evans make their full first team debuts. Weston remains the only first team player to start the game while Hayes and Thompson remain as the only first team sub players to keep their spot for today’s game.

Today’s team line up as shown:

GK: Blackman
    RB: Kelly-Evans
    CB: Müller
    CB: Rowe
    LB: Wood
    CM: Bean
    CM: Osadebe
    CAM: Freeman
    RW: Harriman
    ST: Southwell
    LW: Weston

Sub 1: Richardson
    Sub 2: De Havilland
    Sub 3: Fagan
    Sub 4: O’Nien
    Sub 5: Kashket
    Sub 6: Thompson
    Sub 7: Hayes
    EFL%20CUP%20R2.png

Goals from youngster Freeman and Weston help a youthful Wycombe side push through to the next round of the EFL Cup. Two goals from Freeman that could be contenders for goal of the season claims Man of the Match.

Freeman: When it’s your day, it’s your day! I played very well and was able to bag two goals today. Now...I’m not bragging or anything...but they were amazing goals and this seasons goal of the season could be already be decided, but who knows? I might score an even better one haha!

While Wycombe will be happy with the win today, it did come at a cost, as Weston broke his ankle and had to be subbed off on the 37th minute. It is said that he will be out for about 3 months.

Manager Thoughts: S**T! I shouldn’t have played him! I shouldn't have f**king played him! S**T!

• Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    I certainly think you should take a few shots of something strong to calm yourself. Just ask @Wyojasond