Question about alt+tab DNF issue and such

LoboNobo
6319 posts Big Money Move
Obviously there are lots of topics concerning this issue, but I'd like someone to explain in details what is going and how to avoid it. I'm specifically interested in possible workarounds, could someone answer:

1. Does it happen when in fullscreen/windowed/both?
2. Disabling Origin overlay - does it help?
3. Opening a chat window before starting FIFA to avoid getting a pop-up when messaged - does it work?
4. Any other workarounds that work?
5. Does it only apply to FUT, or to other online gamemodes (Seasons, Clubs) too?

I'd love to get some answers, gonna play FIFA soon and don't want to get disconnected loads of times before I figure out how to fix it myself :)

Comments

• Healer
    2434 posts Fans' Favourite
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    I'd love to get some answers, gonna play FIFA soon and don't want to get disconnected loads of times before I figure out how to fix it myself :)
  • QuadB96
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    You don't want to get 11 losses because of different game issues like me ? :)
  • Amargaladaster26
    7167 posts Big Money Move
    I got it twice when I played fullscreen. Atm I have disabled origin ingame + disabled all that pop-up windows and looks fine.
  • LoboNobo
    I got it twice when I played fullscreen. Atm I have disabled origin ingame + disabled all that pop-up windows and looks fine.

While still using fullscreen? So now I can message you on Origin when you're playing a match and nothing bad will happen?
  • Amargaladaster26
    7167 posts Big Money Move

While still using fullscreen? So now I can message you on Origin when you're playing a match and nothing bad will happen?

Yeah. Well I hope so...message me now if you can and I will tell you. :D
  • LoboNobo

I did and nothing happened I guess, I don't think you saw my message either.

Another question: when you alt+tab during the game, do you get immediate disconnect? And another one, is there anyone who doesn't experience these issues? I remember in the beginning of FUT 16 lots of players had some disconnects after the game if they were tabbing out during the match - I was lucky and it didn't concern me at all
  • semia172
    2187 posts Fans' Favourite

when you alt+tab during the game, do you get immediate disconnect?

Hard to say, once I switched tabs to select an other playlist in Spotify, nothing happened.
    Other time I had a notification and it kicked me out.

So uhm ... Yeah
  • Mindphaser
    338 posts Sunday League Hero
    This sounds ridiculous. Alt+tab is a function of any windows based application and should not have any effect on the gameplay which should just continue regardless of a player switching to desktop or other application. If it affects the gamplay it's a bug and should be submitted as such. I don't get it why people on these forums agree with such crap to begin with.
  • Alemas_2012
    13997 posts Has That Special Something
    Ok, I pop into the PC forums and I find issues with alt-tabbing.
    Seriously, first No Man's Sky, now this? :joy:
    Must be a remnant of the console port or something.
    Notifications shouldn't cause me trouble, I rarely ever have them, and I don't think they cause the game to pop out of fullscreen.
    So alt-tabbing during an online FUT match causes this?
    So if I alt-tab out for a second at half time, I disconnect and lose the match?
  • Raphiduck
    240 posts Sunday League Hero

Sadly, this is absolutely what happens :(
  • Alemas_2012
    13997 posts Has That Special Something
    Raphiduck wrote: »

Sadly, this is absolutely what happens :(

Jesus Christ this is ridiculous. :D
    If this doesn't scream "bad console port", I don't know what does...
  • so,ploblem solved???
  • I play FIFA I listen to music, i use a split screen... I want to be able to skip tracks, talk to friends... I have 4 or 5 dnfs now as im playing there is a pause I am so used to switching for 10 seconds to a chat channel or music to change and I DNF.. I should rem.. but i like a drink and dont always... **** EA for this.. ban me if you like TBH im so mad right now... Sort it!
  • kvarga74
    7 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2016
    Oh and sort the 3 other crashes I have had.. I am getting pityful coins per game now thanks to the crashes and the NEW and UNEXPLAINED RULES... im sure it'll be patched but what about my DNF record and my losses...
    Post edited by kvarga74 on
  • Same problem here, it happens that my computer in every 30 mins or so it makes some commands on cmd, i think it is bugged, but i can't fix it, and every **** 30 mins i get a dc if im playing a **** online game cause the cmd just appears, will you fix it or is just on purpose ?