Your FUT17 review

Fandango83
403 posts Sunday League Hero
Hi all,

I haven't bought the game yet this year. I can find plenty of Fifa 17 reviews but none specific to FUT, which is the only game mode I'm interested in.

Would you kindly give me your early findings regarding FUT please?

How is AI difficulty at higher levels? Are there any fundamental changes? Etc.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Pughy30
    29802 posts Player of the Year
    Games been out less than 48 hours and will most likely be patched and feel different so wouldn't take things said as a guarantee
  • lszanto
    336 posts Sunday League Hero
    From my small amount of experience the AI is laughable. Literally all they try and do is hold possession, rarely attack and just get stupid calls referee wise all game. That said i've not played AI in years because it's just too frustrating. Most games i've played end up 0-0 or 1/2-0 when i've nicked a few goals.
  • romannet
    417 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Played about 20 games and what I noticed:
    - crosses and wing play op
    - defence seems more realistic, players try to block shots etc
    - ground shots are op as hell
    - animations seems to be more resl
    - engine problems, colisions and non real movements
    - imput lag is reall big issue
    - random factor is here more then previoud years
    - players controlled by AI sometimes just stays and move too late, especially when defending it is problem.
    - ball roll, cutting inside skill move are useless
    - ball protection is op, so after some time most of people plays same way, protect ball, wait for run, through ball
    - fitness and stamina has huge impact
    - instructions and tactics finally affects game

Generally I like it more then 16, but most of issues were not addressed.
  • Fandango83
    romannet wrote: »
    - players controlled by AI sometimes just stays and move too late, especially when defending it is problem.
    - ball protection is op, so after some time most of people plays same way, protect ball, wait for run, through ball

These are findings of interest!

FIFA 14 was my favourite iteration because of the wing play and I'm old school so aren't a fan of excessive skill moves
  • romannet
    417 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fandango83 wrote: »
    romannet wrote: »

These are findings of interest!

FIFA 14 was my favourite iteration because of the wing play and I'm old school so aren't a fan of excessive skill moves

Just expect, it will change after 2nd patch as every year and HP abusers will be back, now HP does not make sense. Some games I was loosing 2:0 because of HP of opponent but stayed patient and exactly after 65th minute, his players were dead and I won. Happened 3 times.
  • Fandango83
    It's been out to buy on disc now. Anymore early thoughts?
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    It has potential to be the best fifa ever I say potential bcos it's great overall but needs slight tweeks to make it a bit closer to the demo n beta versions it's harder to rip teams open and to score simple goals that were guaranteed b4 like one on ones wich is more realistic in my book I like the new free kiks corners(more control over them) but pens are a bit to much I think the pace of the game is decent not to pacey not to slow but just needs a bit of refinement to a few things ie slight button delay shot and pass power injuries toned down I'm really enjoying it and hope they make small changes but not drastic ones that turn it bk into a pacey free for all again
  • Eric18
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2016
    It seems fun until people know aggressive defending is op. Initially I thought it could possibly be the best fifa EA made, but not until playing about 50 games online. For fut online gameplay high pressure is all over, and running onto your opponent + contain button is nowhere close to the word "realistic" although I win more than 70% of my games so far, I would say it is not enjoyable at all.

If you think higher divisions in fifa 16 is a high pressure fest, then fifa 17 is about who can chase your opponent like a mad dog.

I honestly though that possession play and passing with purpose can counter this issue, but it is not likely true.
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    Adapt to it I've come across these games use the whole pitch play possession football let there players run like madmen ware them out cos stamina matters this year then hit em where it hurts by 65 mins they are fuked and you will benefit I've noticed this yr playing different ways against diff styles is affective if you adapt quickly where as previous fifas there was no counter to this behaviour
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Possession and passing work if people wanna high pressure i just avoid them and pass till there team is gassed

My favorite fifa in 5 years
  • Eric18
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It is not that I don't adapt to it , I also have played this style, and that is why so far I am in Div2 and about to make it to Div1. But the problem with that is with very pacey players your opponent use and try to intercept the ball like a mad dog, it is nearly impossible to play with this style not making an error, and to some extent it is probably the only way to counter high pressure, but it is still far from the word"effective", and if you make an mistake when moving around the ball, then you are fxxked. To make it worse, almost everyone will start playing like this.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Naw high pressure is easily avoidable
  • Japanappy
    264 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's the most boring UT I've played.
  • x i L 3 M o N z
    68 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Very fun. 8/10.

HOWEVER.

-Players don't seem to latch onto some balls they should, take a goal mouth scramble for example. No player has priority and possession as such, so it's very hard to get them in. Some people may think this is good as it's more realistic, but it's a big change even though it doesn't sound like it.

-Shots seem to rebound off your own players A LOT more/Own players seem to get in the way more.

-Player prices are weird ATM, but that's just how it is at the start.

-Finishing is f******g hard. I can have so many chances, but my players can't put it in the back of the net, and my opponent will go at the other end and be able to finish 2 out of his 3 chances and Ill lose 2-0 :D But this may just be me being crap.

Overall I havent enjoyed FUT this much since FUT 14. I would say FUT 13 but that was the holy grail to me (looking past Emenike, Welliton, Doumbia etc)