2018 Ryder Cup

james2060
3007 posts National Call-Up
edited September 2018
AKzjz5X.png
jMxPq7Q.png

YroCGVJ.jpg
xO5VUBr.png

Starts this Friday :blush: 4 in a row, it's gonna happen.
Post edited by james2060 on

Comments

• Salty P3anut
    12234 posts Has That Special Something
    No poulter is a huge blow for us , I'm not overly confident with how many rookies we have tbh but we shall see come Sunday
  • MaddMike3711
    12945 posts Has That Special Something
    It's in my state. :smirk:
    I'm not going as I'm not a big golf fan, but I appreciate the fact that it's a huge event and that it's here.
    I can drive to the golf course where they are playing in 20 minutes or so, and actually just drove there last week to see them setting up stuff, it was pretty cool. :)
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Once again those Yanks are being overconfident and not rating this European side, reckon we've got a great chance. Love being underdogs.
  • Lard_Lad
    My hatred of the yanks rivals that of the Aussies when it comes to sporting events
  • Swylie96
    274 posts Sunday League Hero
    Joke how Knox isn't there, Westwood is an embarrassment
  • Lard_Lad
    Westwood there because he's best ages with Clarke, not going well so far but Theres a long way to go, I really do hate Patrick Reed, the guys a massive ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    Well this is an awful start, not surprised though people aren't wrong when they call this one of the worst European teams for decades. Only a couple of them would get into that US team.
  • james2060
    The European team are all good golfers, I don't think enough have hit the top form that they need to win a Ryder Cup but I'm still hopeful they will. Obviously this start makes it very difficult, but they were 10-6 down on the last day 4 years ago. Probably lack the big characters out on the course, like Poulter was.
  • james2060
    A good fight back from Europe
  • Hodor
    1398 posts Play-Off Hero
    Getting better
  • Lard_Lad
    Much better this evening, Mcilroy channeling his inner Poulter at the end there love it. Excellent from Stenson and Rose, the two Spanish lads and Pieters. More of the same tomorrow please.

Think the crowd has been the worse it's ever been, I understand the rydercup is different to other event but it's still golf and the lack of respect has been embarrassing. And can we ban Get in the hole from any golf event.
  • Gazmag
    12 posts Ball Boy
    Need a big day today, we have momentum from last night so hopefully we can win this morning session and be right back in it. Still fancy US to win though by 2 or 3 points
  • Lard_Lad
    Brilliant stuff from Mcilroy and Pieters, looks like 2-2 hopefully 3-1 again this afternoon
  • james2060
    Go on Garcia and Cabrera.
  • james2060
    2.5 -1.5, great morning. More of the same this afternoon please. o:)
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    Good start today, need 2-2 minimum in the fourballs. Don't want to be any more than a point down going into the singles.

Cabrera Bello has been mighty impressive.
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    Patrick Reed has been absolutely sensational, carrying Spieth to a comfortable win over arguably our best pair.

Him and McIlroy on another level this week so far.
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    Unreal bottlejob from Westwood :( that could be costly
  • Salty P3anut
    Dribbly wrote: »
    Patrick Reed has been absolutely sensational, carrying Spieth to a comfortable win over arguably our best pair.

Would love to see those two play each other tomorrow , the form Rory's in he can beat anyone
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner

Would love to see those two play each other tomorrow , the form Rory's in he can beat anyone
    Think there is a better chance than most that they will play each other tomorrow. Due to us being down by 3 I expect us to send out Stenson and McIlroy early and the Americans may well anticipate that and send out Reed early.
  • MaddMike3711
    12945 posts Has That Special Something
    Just curious, but when is the last day of it? I thought I heard October 3rd but thought golf tournaments always end on a Sunday's?
    There are a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ load of tourists here btw all over the city. :joy:
  • james2060
    Finishes today.

Disappointing finish. Will need everyone playing the round of their lives. We managed 4 points the last time it was in states, so I'm confident we can get the three. :)
  • james2060
    This Reed McIlroy match :joy:
  • Salty P3anut
    Willet, Westwood and Fitzpatrick in particular have been so poor for us
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    golf is like the weirdest sport to turn into a team sport
  • Dribbly
    9114 posts League Winner
    edited October 2016
    Too many weak links. Fitzpatrick wasn't ready yet and I don't think the likes of Willett, Wood and Sullivan are good enough. Not helped by Westwood and Kaymer being out of form also.

Deserved win for the Americans.
    Post edited by Dribbly on
  • Salty P3anut
    Too many weak links. Fitzgerald wasn't ready yet and I don't think the likes of Willett, Wood and Sullivan are good enough. Not helped by Westwood and Kaymer being out of form also.

Deserved win for the Americans.

Yeh I agree the us tour is a lot stronger at the moment than the European one which has showed with those mentioned above. Bit of a transitional period for us but we will get it back in two years B)
  • Lard_Lad
    Some brilliant golf on show this evening, not much chance for Europe when the Americans hole everything, American team deserved the win shame some idiots in the crowd tried to ruin what is a great event. Europe will be back stronger in 2 years time, Pieters and Cabrerra-Bello excellent.
  • Lard_Lad
    Don't even think the European team is that much worse, couple of weak links but gotta remember huge home course advantage in the Ryder cup, course set up to how the Americans like, same when it's in Europe.
  • james2060
    Allez Europe
This discussion has been closed.