Seasons_Banner.png
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    457 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    banner_fc_barcelona_1600x275.jpg
    16th July 2016

GOODBYE MR ENRIQUE

enrique_wave210716epa.jpg

Another great managerial era at Barcelona ended today with the departure of Luis Enrique from the club. In two years with the Catalan giants Enrique led them to eight titles, including two La Liga wins and the 2015 Champions League. He also added his own input into the playing style of the team. Keeping the infamous 'tiki taka' foundations, yet adding a more fluid pace to their counter attacks and creating the most feared frontline in world football at present.

His decision to take a break from the game will disappoint many fans, but his reasons for doing so at such a time obviously mean there is something more important for him to oversee. Just as Pep before him, Luis Enrique leaves another Barca legacy for someone to grow further. The question is who can do the job that you cannot fail?
    Post edited by Tekkonkinkreet on
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck mate!
  • Ahmer50x
    26591 posts Player of the Year
    Best of luck!
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    banner_fc_barcelona_1600x275.jpg
    20th July 2016

BARCELONA NAME NEW MANAGER

FC Barcelona have today announced that thirty-year-old Telga Reo will be their new coach following the departure of Luis Enrique. Reo has taken charge following two years as the assistant coach at FC Barcelona Juvenil A. This continues the club’s policy of promoting coaches from within, although Reo will surely have a disadvantage due to his lack of standing with the supporters. This certainly brings an element of surprise to the appointment, however it is believed that Enrique himself recommended Reo for the position. An FC Barcelona club official made this short statement on the official website:

‘FC Barcelona are pleased to announce Telga Reo as the new head coach. We had a long meeting with Mr Reo and were impressed by his attitude and knowledge of what this club expects. He follows not just the football philosophies, but also the family ethos that we hold here. The board are confident that the supporters will look forward to Mr Reo’s reign at Barca.’

The rumours circulating are that he has penned three-year contract with a number of requirements and goals to fulfil during that time. A press conference is scheduled for tomorrow at 12.30pm.

Title_Layout.png
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Good luck mate!
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Best of luck!

Thank you. Much appreciated!
  • Chris
    5588 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck, but with Barca, luck isn't really needed haha
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Was gonna say like @Chris , you won't need much luck with this star studded squad ^^

Good luck nonetheless :)
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    Chris wrote: »
    Was gonna say like @Chris , you won't need much luck with this star studded squad ^^

Probably true. I find big teams difficult though due to the expectation to win. However I do have alot of quality at my disposal. Thanks for stopping by.
  • LennonLegend
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck.
    No need for any new first team players, I guess this will be more about buying the right prodigies in the market and developing them.
  • Virtual_K
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    Graphics look great. Guess you're not an idiot after all. :D (kidding of course, I had read your post on the chat section). In the absence of originality, good luck.
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite

Probably true. I find big teams difficult though due to the expectation to win. However I do have alot of quality at my disposal. Thanks for stopping by.

It's just a different challenge ye. Anything but glory in all competitions is a failure ^^
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    Good luck.
    No need for any new first team players, I guess this will be more about buying the right prodigies in the market and developing them.

No. Transfer window off for now. A few prime targets but mostly players for future reference. I will be adding a radar spot for each game where a potential target is in action. I hope to see the future after Messi etc and hopefully create my own legends through scouting.

Virtual_K wrote: »
    Graphics look great. Guess you're not an idiot after all. :D (kidding of course, I had read your post on the chat section). In the absence of originality, good luck.

Haha thanks, still an idiot though. Making the best of what I've got (on my laptop and in my brain)

It's just a different challenge ye. Anything but glory in all competitions is a failure ^^

Exactly, my specific playstyle doesn't help either. However I never do CM's with huge clubs and couldn't resist the itch this year.

Thanks again everyone.
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good luck with this :)

Interested in the specific requirements and goals that are needed. I tried doing something along the lines of only using academy players which was pretty enjoyable, and allows you to keep the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Pique etc. whilst adding more of a challenge.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1678 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good luck mate
  • Ashy
    13132 posts Has That Special Something
    Bad luck to you, and Barca will still rule the world with that front three...
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    theodom101 wrote: »
    Good luck with this :)

Interested in the specific requirements and goals that are needed. I tried doing something along the lines of only using academy players which was pretty enjoyable, and allows you to keep the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Pique etc. whilst adding more of a challenge.

Thanks. Yeah the challenge is more in terms of the future as well as trying to re create a specific style of play on a game.
    Good luck mate

Thanks alot.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Bad luck to you, and Barca will still rule the world with that front three...

Lets hope so. That we rule the world as opposed to the bad luck.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    21st July 2016

TELGA REO PRESS CONFERENCE

press_room.jpg

On potential new signings

'Our business is done for this window. The quality that Luis Enrique has brought to the club will suffice. We are always scouting potential targets but at the moment we have a talented squad to work with.'

----

How long will the players take to adapt to the manager's style of football?

'My style isn’t too different to what this club has implemented for years now. Obviously I have certain things to input but these players are experienced enough to take that on board. I’m sure there won’t be any problems.'

----

On bringing two club legends to work alongside him (Carles Puyol and
    José Mari Bakero)

'I wanted people who have united this club in some way. Puyol is a leader of men and Bakero was a tireless individual in the ‘Dream Team’ as they were known. I have confidence that together we can continue this amazing journey.'

----

How does the manager handle the winning mentality?

'By winning. All the future plans I envisage will be mere dreams unless the team is putting results on the board with a style to match. A lot of people are expecting failure, a lot success. In some ways I cannot win, not yet anyway.'

----

MSN, not bad are they?

'They are all fantastic players. I hope I can help all the players grow further here, as well as creating new legends for the fans to love.'
  • Chris
    5588 posts Big Money Move
    "creating new legends for the fans to love" I love that haha
  • Ahmer50x
    26591 posts Player of the Year
    Seems like a continuity guy. That can only be good for Barca
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2016
    Just caught up on this story, some nice updates - hope it goes well :)
  • ale85bg
    Nice updates here. Hopefully you could find the next Messi in your 'cantera'.
    If I think that he did a trial for Como and he got rejected... :cry:
  • Ashy
    13132 posts Has That Special Something
    Cool to see you bring back a couple of legends like Puyol, I want to see you uncover the next Messi in the youth academy!
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    edited October 2016
    "creating new legends for the fans to love" I love that haha

Haha thanks
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Seems like a continuity guy. That can only be good for Barca

Yeah hopefully.
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Just caught up on this story, some nice updates - hope it goes well :)

Thanks, me too.

Ashy wrote: »
    Cool to see you bring back a couple of legends like Puyol, I want to see you uncover the next Messi in the youth academy!
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Nice updates here. Hopefully you could find the next Messi in your 'cantera'.
    If I think that he did a trial for Como and he got rejected... :cry:

If I can find a new Messi then I'll certainly be very pleased.

Update soon, still playing games to perfect my style. Even with Barca it isn't easy.
  • ale85bg
    I know. I was playing a couple of matches with the Sounders against the Crew yesterday (to try the new "home & away" feature), and after winning 1-0 the first leg in Columbus I've been trashed 5-2 in Seattle on World Class. I also need to practice a lot more. :joy:
  • Virtual_K
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ho Lee Chit, man, when are you going to post your next update? :D Just being annoying, few threads on this forum move slower than mine. :)
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Ho Lee Chit, man, when are you going to post your next update? :D Just being annoying, few threads on this forum move slower than mine. :)

Lol I'm itching to start. Still working on sliders though as the game is far too fast. Didn't think it would take so long. Will certainly have an update over the weekend though.